What Cases or Accessories are you getting?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Thin Case-

The Incipio Octane Pure mentioned above seems to be the thinnest available. It's hard to imagine anyone coming out with anything thinner. I got one and like it, even though I agree it's a shame to cover up such a nice looking device.

anon(601415)

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, the Incipio DualPro is nowhere to be found in black. It's the same case I use for my Lumia 930 and I LOVE it. I was excited to see it mentioned here then that all went down the toilet when I couldn't find it on Amazon, eBay, or anywhere else. It is listed on Alcatel's website, but click the Add To Cart button does nothing and there is no cart. *sad*

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I never do cases because I can't stand hiding a good looking phone. Maybe I just like to live dangerously.

Same. I hate putting phones in cases. But... I'm scared. lol

Man just putting phones in my jeans has scratched screens....

First thing I got for my Idol 4s was some ghost armor screen protector. I asked for matte finish but the guy ended up installing the regular skin on the front and matte finish on the back. Looks pretty sexy if you ask me. see for your self.

View attachment 132009

View attachment 132010

I never had a problem finding the fingerprint sensor(that works flawlessly) but now with the skin is a lot easier for sure.

Where did you get it that you were able to get it installed? I never do cases because it's like putting a mask on an attractive woman, but I would consider these.

I like to use it naked or a ultra thin TPU clear case. Anybody found one like that?

Cheers

What's the thinnest Crystal clear TPU Case out there? I hate to hide the design of the smartphone...
Cheers

Your're not alone. Unless I plan on selling it the same week I have acquired it, I do the same.

I just went all in with this a few days ago...

WP_20170204_12_38_51_Pro.jpg

Review coming very soon. Promise. :cool:

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I usually don't use cases but phones with glass backs crack easy so it's probably a good idea to have a case with this phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just went all in with this a few days ago...

Review coming very soon. Promise. :cool:
Do a VIDEO!
I am curious now "...contains our German engineered formula that will be absorbed into the screen...The nanotechnology fully cures in 48 hours.". That is from their faq.
I might try this actually. I will read up on your review once you post it. 9 is one level down from hardness of diamonds is 9h referencing tempered glass hardness?...Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do a VIDEO!
I am curious now "...contains our German engineered formula that will be absorbed into the screen...The nanotechnology fully cures in 48 hours.". That is from their faq.
I might try this actually. I will read up on your review once you post it. 9 is one level down from hardness of diamonds is 9h referencing tempered glass hardness?...Thanks.

I think it's best naked

Done: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...2-[review]-qmadix-liquid-glass-get-naked.html

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Stilgut case for the Blackberry DTEK60, in Cognac real leather, from Amazon Prime, and it is a perfect fit for the Alcatel IDOL 4S Windows phone.

They make a variety of case types, some with clips. I bought this one without any clip closure, and it works well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3QOK71?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3629807

As a bonus, this case makes it much easier to use the fingerprint reader. All I have to do is open the case front, and Windows wakes up, and then I place the index finger into the leather opening, which allows for precise placement.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Stilgut case for the Blackberry DTEK60, in Cognac real leather, from Amazon Prime, and it is a perfect fit for the Alcatel IDOL 4S Windows phone.

They make a variety of case types, some with clips. I bought this one without any clip closure, and it works well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3QOK71?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3631553

As a bonus, this case makes it much easier to use the fingerprint reader. All I have to do is open the case front, and Windows wakes up, and then I place the index finger into the leather opening, which allows for precise placement.
Good find and seeing the BB android model, is/could be more business focused I bet many more cases start popping up all over for this phone type.

Mmazeo

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Frustrating, though not unexpected, looking for a case for this bad boy. Tried a cheapie from Amazon but it didn't fit perfectly, so I'm just grabbing the Incipio dual pro. Half price on the T Mo site right now.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My wife ordered this DTEK60 case:

71V%2B6eXQRlL._SL1400_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Alcatel-Nage...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3634775

I liked how it has cutouts for both rear speakers, which some cases don't.

Flip cases are a plus if the phone is carried in a purse with other objects that could contact the screen. I carry my phone in a pocket with nothing else so the screen doesn't need any protection.

Last edited:

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Flip cases are a plus if the phone is carried in a purse with other objects that could contact the screen. I carry my phone in a pocket with nothing else so the screen doesn't need any protection.

Another advantage of a flip case with the 4S is that the OS automatically wakes up when opened, and is locked when closed; no need to double-tap.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Another advantage of a flip case with the 4S is that the OS automatically wakes up when opened, and is locked when closed; no need to double-tap.
Interesting. What is the mechanism? When shopping for cases, I noticed that some flip case descriptions said the case does NOT support auto wake. Since the cases were advertised for DTEK60, I thought auto wake was something specific to that device and didn't give it any more thought. If The Idol 4S for Windows also has the feature, I'm curious what is different about some flip cases that "breaks" auto wake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster