What Cases or Accessories are you getting?

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Interesting. What is the mechanism? When shopping for cases, I noticed that some flip case descriptions said the case does NOT support auto wake. Since the cases were advertised for DTEK60, I thought auto wake was something specific to that device and didn't give it any more thought. If The Idol 4S for Windows also has the feature, I'm curious what is different about some flip cases that "breaks" auto wake.

The Stilgut case I bought has no magnet that I am aware of. Here it is again, as noted earlier in this thread: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3QOK71?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3635354

UPDATE: Yes, there is a faint magnet in the cover!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying the phone can tell if there is a magnet near certain locations on its surface? So it goes to sleep when it senses the magnet and wakes up when the magnet moves?

Yeah... Don't ask me the technical details. Something in the firmware and a magnetometer must be on board, I assume. This has been around for years on tablets.

I will put words in his mouth. Yes, that's what he's saying. :smile:

LOL

UPDATE: Yes, there is a faint magnet in the cover!

Vindication!!!

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Are you saying the phone can tell if there is a magnet near certain locations on its surface? So it goes to sleep when it senses the magnet and wakes up when the magnet moves?

Yeah... Don't ask me the technical details. Something in the firmware and a magnetometer must be on board, I assume. This has been around for years on tablets.

Magnets... pshaw!

Clearly it's vacuums.

RickInFla

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Do a VIDEO!
I am curious now "...contains our German engineered formula that will be absorbed into the screen...The nanotechnology fully cures in 48 hours.". That is from their faq.
I might try this actually. I will read up on your review once you post it. 9 is one level down from hardness of diamonds is 9h referencing tempered glass hardness?...Thanks.

A "formula that will be absorbed into the screen"??? Sounds scary to me; could somehow ruin the material over time?

Well now that we are talking about a hardness scale, I wonder what the hardness of the glass that the Idol 4s is made from is? In one spot, I saw that it is "Dragontrail" glass (the competitor to Gorilla Glass), but is it really the "base" Dragontrail, or is it the harder and more resistant Dragontrail Pro?? And then which Gorilla Glass (2? 3?) does it compare to?
My brother-in-law has a Lumia 640 (with Gorilla Glass 3 screen), he puts it in his jeans pocket with other things all the time, and no scratches, which makes me think I really didn't need a screen protector on my Lumia 635.

John Bianchi

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Two things:

(1) I got this case from Amazon.com. I love it for several reasons. First of all, I've got the unlocked model, so I can't get insurance. Second, this is the first time I've ever had a phone that felt BETTER with a case on it. I'm typically a naked/insurance guy, but this one is great with the cover. And it snaps on and off quite easily.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3638055

(2) CHARGING STANDS!
The USB-C port is off-center. This is really frustrating me, because I cannot find a good charging stand for it. Anyone found a stand with an off-center USB-C plug?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
A few pictures...love the case. Fits great, love it. Keeps the phone nice & slim, and protects the Boom key from accidental presses. Its a keeper.

WP_20170315_18_07_37_Pro_LI.jpgWP_20170315_18_07_55_Pro_LI.jpg

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I hate cases too, but after paying bigtime for breaking a couple, I have given in and put on a case. So I wanted one with the smallest profile that would minimize the bulk of the case. I went with the IMAK cowboy. It's a hard case with grip coating. IT is thin, and wraps the corners for drop protection. It also sits higher than the glass so the glass doesn't touch the surface if laying it face down. I'm on my second, my first one broke after a couple drops, and my phone survived without a scratch. So not bad. They are killer cheap too on ebay. Like $5-8 shipped.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I hate cases too, but after paying bigtime for breaking a couple, I have given in and put on a case. So I wanted one with the smallest profile that would minimize the bulk of the case. I went with the IMAK cowboy. It's a hard case with grip coating. IT is thin, and wraps the corners for drop protection. It also sits higher than the glass so the glass doesn't touch the surface if laying it face down. I'm on my second, my first one broke after a couple drops, and my phone survived without a scratch. So not bad. They are killer cheap too on ebay. Like $5-8 shipped.

That's what I've pictured above. Amazon doesn't call it the Cowboy in their description though.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the Incipio...I found it too thick and the case would press the boom key if I held it. It was putting pressure on the boom key...so I found I was always causing it to be pressed, even if I was just holding the phone.

Very happy with the IMAK case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel