12-21-2017 10:03 AM
93 123 ...
tools
    If you're like me and you are constantly dropping your phone, what accessories will you be getting?

Any specific tempered glass for the screen? Maybe a regular plastic screen protector? What about cases? sleek cases? bulky cases? protective cases?

And even if you're not like me and constantly dropping your phone, maybe you're just cautious. Either way, post your accessories (or accessories you plan to buy)
    11-10-2016 05:21 PM
    I can't do regular cases anymore after I got one like this for my Passport. Already ordered one for the Idol 4S.
    Leather Wallet Card Slot Holder Stand Back Cover Skin Case for Alcatel Idol 4S 4 | eBay
    libra89 likes this.
    11-10-2016 07:05 PM
    I can't do regular cases anymore after I got one like this for my Passport. Already ordered one for the Idol 4S.
    Leather Wallet Card Slot Holder Stand Back Cover Skin Case for Alcatel Idol 4S 4 | eBay
    And I can't do those cases lol.
    editguy and Sedp23 like this.
    11-10-2016 07:39 PM
    Only thing I've bought is the Incipio [Hard Shell] [Dual Layer] DualPro ... black
    11-10-2016 08:31 PM
    I never do cases because I can't stand hiding a good looking phone. Maybe I just like to live dangerously.
    11-11-2016 12:36 AM
    I never do cases because I can't stand hiding a good looking phone. Maybe I just like to live dangerously.
    Same. I hate putting phones in cases. But... I'm scared. lol

Man just putting phones in my jeans has scratched screens....
    editguy and Philip Hamm like this.
    11-11-2016 02:53 AM
    Since the fingerprint reader is on the back, I would think a case would interfere with that. Can you report on your experiences using fingerprint reader with a case on?

Thanks
    11-11-2016 01:06 PM
    Actually you might find that you prefer using the case because as Daniel reported, it's REALLY hard to know if your finger is on the sensor.
    11-11-2016 03:05 PM
    Since the fingerprint reader is on the back, I would think a case would interfere with that. Can you report on your experiences using fingerprint reader with a case on?

Thanks
    I'm not experiencing any issue at all with the Incipio case on. It's really quite responsive.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    11-11-2016 04:23 PM
    I'm not experiencing any issue at all with the Incipio case on. It's really quite responsive.
    I'm guessing the case would actually HELP locating the fingerprint scanner
    mark233 likes this.
    11-11-2016 04:43 PM
    You don't plan on using the fingerprint reader?
    11-11-2016 05:33 PM
    How does the case affect the screen? Meaning, if I put the phone face down on the table, does the screen touch the table or does the case touch the table?

If the phone falls face down, do u think the case would help prevent the screen from getting damaged? do u think a tempered glass is required while using this phone?
    11-11-2016 05:37 PM
    How does the case affect the screen? Meaning, if I put the phone face down on the table, does the screen touch the table or does the case touch the table?

If the phone falls face down, do u think the case would help prevent the screen from getting damaged? do u think a tempered glass is required while using this phone?
    Personally I would say a tempered glass screen protector is a must for any phone. No matter how good the glass it is still possible to scratch. And gives a bit of protection from drops. All while feeling just as smooth and basically just as clear. For just $ it's definitely worth it.
    ttsoldier likes this.
    11-11-2016 05:57 PM
    Personally I would say a tempered glass screen protector is a must for any phone. No matter how good the glass it is still possible to scratch. And gives a bit of protection from drops. All while feeling just as smooth and basically just as clear. For just $ it's definitely worth it.
    I agree. But the tempered glasses I saw on amazon don't seem to cover the entire screen and looks ridiculous. Do you have one to recommend?
    11-11-2016 08:02 PM
    I agree. But the tempered glasses I saw on amazon don't seem to cover the entire screen and looks ridiculous. Do you have one to recommend?
    I bought the one without that complaint. But it does mention it's smaller in the description. Hopefully it's not as bad as the other brand which the reviewer shared a picture. Always will be the case with curved screens unless you can deal with a plastic screen protector. I'll let you know how it turns out but I won't have it until Thursday. Figured $7 for a 2 pack was worth it to find out. That's less than a lunch for me.
    ttsoldier likes this.
    11-11-2016 08:14 PM
    You don't plan on using the fingerprint reader?
    Never have, probably never will. I use encrypted folders for my sensitive stuff, Proton Mail on the phone and everything else is useless to anybody.
    editguy and beto molina like this.
    11-11-2016 09:21 PM
    With this case face down the screen does not touch the surface (raised lip area around the screen).

As for protection from a drop I don't know ... it may or may not --- physics, angles, etc come into play .... and luck --- or no luck.
    11-11-2016 10:27 PM
    I don't think there will be an aesthetically good solution. I mean, the phone screen has curved edges so anything that goes over it has to end before the curve or have quite a gap between it and the screen under it at the edges.
    ttsoldier likes this.
    11-12-2016 05:18 AM
    I don't think there will be an aesthetically good solution. I mean, the phone screen has curved edges so anything that goes over it has to end before the curve or have quite a gap between it and the screen under it at the edges.
    I agree only solution is a plastic screen protector which doesn't offer the same smooth feel.

PS: thanks a lot Indiana... ;)
    11-12-2016 05:23 AM
    Any other cases that come with the screen protector? I might grab that one for now this phone requires a case. I almost never buy cases but I feel like this phone will break or crack easily
    11-13-2016 06:50 PM
    Bought this Incipio case on Amazon this morning for the phone.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KGS6ZLI/ref=ox_sc_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2M8KOK1E4I30S
    Sedp23 likes this.
    11-14-2016 01:19 PM
    I just got the clear incipio case with the black edges. Looks good. Thicker than I though it would be, which will hurt my one handed use, but am happy it looks like it offers plenty of protection to the device. Just waiting in my phone to get here :( why isn't it Wednesday yet?
    11-14-2016 05:13 PM
    Any other cases that come with the screen protector? I might grab that one for now this phone requires a case. I almost never buy cases but I feel like this phone will break or crack easily
    No good ones that come with it. But I just bought a pair of tempered glass protectors from nancodex that seem to cover more area than the ones with the lower reviews from Mr shield and it cost me $7 for the 2 pack. I don't have the phone yet but I placed it inside my incipio clear case and seems like it covers the length of the phone basically 100% and the width seems more than the other brand, but still doesn't cover all of it since it can't with the curved glass. I would say it looked like it's 1-2 millimeters wider which isn't much but makes a difference. I will post with an update once my phone arrives on Wednesday all also try to snap a pic for you guys.
    ttsoldier likes this.
    11-14-2016 05:20 PM
    I just got the clear incipio case with the black edges. Looks good. Thicker than I though it would be, which will hurt my one handed use, but am happy it looks like it offers plenty of protection to the device. Just waiting in my phone to get here :( why isn't it Wednesday yet?
    Link?
    11-14-2016 05:49 PM
    Here's the one I got...its the same as the poster above, just all clear:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pUvbUpU3591695
    11-14-2016 06:43 PM
93 123 ...