Awesome device

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
For me this if the best W10 phone to date. Great design and very fluid. I hope tmo doesn't interfere with updates.

good to now that you are enjoying this new device. Do not worry tmobile wont interfere with any of the updates as windows updates are now independent of carrier restrictions. :)

Kchaco86

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
This thing is Awesome. Sexy, fluid, responsive, load speakers make taking conference calls for work a beautiful thing. Camera gets a bad wrap but it is not bad at all. I just slapped on a Matte Ghost armor skin and this thing looks SEXY AF and no more fingerprints.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
This thing is Awesome. Sexy, fluid, responsive, load speakers make taking conference calls for work a beautiful thing. Camera gets a bad wrap but it is not bad at all. I just slapped on a Matte Ghost armor skin and this thing looks SEXY AF and no more fingerprints.
You should try Pro Shot or one of the other camera apps. Vast improvement in the pics!

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Can you link the case you've purchases? I have some crappy blue transparent case while I wait for black Friday deals. It's hard to find a case for a good looking device!

Kchaco86

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I like my phones naked, so I only installed a skin by ghost armor. I did a regular skin on the front screen protector even though I asked for a Matte. For the back I did get the Matte clear skin and the device looks sexy AF

.20161114_164811.jpg

20161114_164841.jpg

Last edited:

Kchaco86

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
bought the ghost armor skins (AND overpaid for them) at a local mall kiosk. I suck installing skins so I pay to have them installed.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget this phone was out first for Android (at least the same body) so it will see a lot more accessories than your typical W10M device.

Even so it barely has accessories... I've only see 2 case brands for the device. The rest are so not for the device it blocks the back speakers and fingerprint reader. I've seen the worst windows phones and androids have more. Not sure what is going on. Maybe now with this new model they'll add more.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I passed by a T-Mobile store last night to have a look at this phone. When I asked if they had any in stock they said they had the Fierce, but one guy went in the back to check and he comes out with a factory sealed version and told me this one was the only one they received, and they didn’t even bother unboxing it. You should have seen the reps faces when powering on the phone, both of them were very impressed by the build quality. Needless to say, I am now a proud owner of an Idol 4S. I will still continue use the L950 as DD until I build up the nerve to tell the wife. This phone really needs to be made available unlocked globally. The build is fantastic, the only thing that disappoints me is how big the camera bump is. Awesome device.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I passed by a T-Mobile store last night to have a look at this phone. When I asked if they had any in stock they said they had the Fierce, but one guy went in the back to check and he comes out with a factory sealed version and told me this one was the only one they received, and they didn’t even bother unboxing it. You should have seen the reps faces when powering on the phone, both of them were very impressed by the build quality. Needless to say, I am now a proud owner of an Idol 4S. I will still continue use the L950 as DD until I build up the nerve to tell the wife. This phone really needs to be made available unlocked globally. The build is fantastic, the only thing that disappoints me is how big the camera bump is. Awesome device.
Sadly, your experience points out why Windows phones were never able to garner a significant market share. I know everyone says it's apps, but if carriers had treated Windows phones the way they treated Android and iPhones the sales would have been there and apps would have come. It was almost as if the carriers were deliberate in sabotaging Windows phones.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, your experience points out why Windows phones were never able to garner a significant market share. I know everyone says it's apps, but if carriers had treated Windows phones the way they treated Android and iPhones the sales would have been there and apps would have come. It was almost as if the carriers were deliberate in sabotaging Windows phones.
Apps matter but the lemming effect is 10 times as powerful. MS just stupidly let the competition get too big a market share. People don't want to be different. Peer pressure is #1, followed by marketing pressure. The main reason there aren't 10 times as many Windows phones in use is the same as why women won't wear skirt lengths that are out of style (I'm sure there are many male equivalents); it has nothing to do with one length being superior in any way except being the same. iPhones and Android has some advantages over WP, such as app availability, but the advantage is tiny compared to the actual market share of the platform. As for carriers, its hard to really fault them for not wanting to waste their time trying to herd lemmings.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
As for carriers, its hard to really fault them for not wanting to waste their time trying to herd lemmings.
I don't know that I would have expected them to herd them, but I also wouldn't have expected them to actively deter people from buying them and that's exactly what the stores have done. It's real simple: If the carriers had no desire to sell Windows phones, they should have never carried them.

Kacchan

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Apps matter but the lemming effect is 10 times as powerful. MS just stupidly let the competition get too big a market share. People don't want to be different. Peer pressure is #1, followed by marketing pressure. The main reason there aren't 10 times as many Windows phones in use is the same as why women won't wear skirt lengths that are out of style (I'm sure there are many male equivalents); it has nothing to do with one length being superior in any way except being the same. iPhones and Android has some advantages over WP, such as app availability, but the advantage is tiny compared to the actual market share of the platform. As for carriers, its hard to really fault them for not wanting to waste their time trying to herd lemmings.
It's easy to fault them. If you sell a product then it isn't a waste of anyone Time for you to give it proper exposure and marketing and train your staff properly to use it. So yes carriers' are likely the second biggest reason of windows Phone lack of sales.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk