xN6nMeu.jpg

Sent from mTalk

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Now...if we can only figure out how to get the default camera changed, heck, even if we could change the Boom key to a different camera app. Is this going to be in the registry somewhere? And...are there tools to get down into that layer?

The shame of it is that on Android that Boom Key is totally programmable. You can make it open any one App you choose.

I suppose W10M sandboxing is at work.

Well, tried editing the key above to the app guid, no luck. I change the key and save it, its not staying...so, no dice there.

Is that with Interop Tools? The difference may be that you are not fully Interop Unlocked. Without the full Unlock, some things can't be done just via Tools.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The shame of it is that on Android that Boom Key is totally programmable. You can make it open any one App you choose.

I suppose W10M sandboxing is at work.

Is that with Interop Tools? The difference may be that you are not fully Interop Unlocked. Without the full Unlock, some things can't be done just via Tools.

Yep, I'm sure I'm not fully unlocked then.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official Idol 4S Picture & Video thread

Here are 2 quick shots using Windows camera and Pro Shot. Both are with auto settings and the only post-editing was to black out my tag. Pro Shot is markedly better.
Windows
KE2dtQM.jpg

Pro Shot
NnMoRD0.jpg

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Couple of indoor shots using the Windows camera app. The lamp is the only lighting in my living room for these. Lightbulb in the lampstand is an LED 800 lumens bulb (60W equivalent). I resized the pics for faster upload and to not be a site hog with the original size pic lol.

Point and shoot pic in Auto. No Flash.
WP_20161115_18_25_55_Pro.jpg

Touch focused on the wine bottle. Same lighting. No flash.
WP_20161115_18_12_19_Pro.jpg

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Bored ... took this of my keyboard with ProShot in C-AF mode ... EV set at -.05. Lighting from my computer screen and one floor lamp in the background.
ProShot_20161115_194309.jpg

Camera is quite acceptable in my opinion.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

They don't look that much different

Sent from mTalk
Actually, if you look at them closely, there is more detail in the ProShot pic. Look at the rear bumper of the car, for example, and there's more lost to shadows in the original pic.

MOBBAK

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Here are 2 quick shots using Windows camera and Pro Shot. Both are with auto settings and the only post-editing was to black out my tag. Pro Shot is markedly better.
Windows
http://i.imgur.com/KE2dtQM.jpg

Pro Shot
http://i.imgur.com/NnMoRD0.jpg

I don't find any differences between the two pictures and both are in bad quality, for example, look at the trash, can you read what it says on it? Or look at the car parked in the front of you your house, can you read the what is on the license plate? Also, the sharpness are very low in both pictures.

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I forgot how great Lumia cameras are. Extreme low light: 950 XL vs Idol 4s

removed corrupted pics

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I don't find any differences between the two pictures and both are in bad quality, for example, look at the trash, can you read what it says on it? Or look at the car parked in the front of you your house, can you read the what is on the license plate? Also, the sharpness are very low in both pictures.
The RAV4 across the street is a good 150' away so reading the tag would be a stretch for any phone camera. Now look at the light behind the Toyota and it blew the sensor in the Windows shot significantly more. Closer to home, the Pro Shot image has the Sunshine State on the bottom of the tag legible as well as the CTS nomenclature on the corner of the trunk. No such luck with the Windows picture.

Beyond the picking of nits regarding the sharpness, the one thing no one noticed is the haze pervading the Windows shot. I was worried about the imaging quality of this phone well before its release based on previous experience with an Alcatel phone. As RumoredNow mentioned, Windows camera algorithms don't seem to be optimized on non-Microsoft phones. The BlackBerry DTEK60 is fundamentally identical to this one, save for the display resolution, and takes much better and sharper pictures with the same equipment. Getting a little impatient, I require good imaging prowess.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

They don't look that much different

I don't find any differences between the two pictures...

Que?

I opened them full size in separate browser tabs and made some snips.

Side by side, first Windows Camera and then ProShot. Let's see...

<WinCam ProShot>
WinCam.001.pngProShot.001.png

<WinCam ProShot>
WinCam.002.pngProShot.002.png

<WinCam ProShot>
WinCam.003.pngProShot.003.png

<WinCam ProShot>
WinCam.004.png ProShot.004.png

<WinCam ProShot>
WinCam.005.png ProShot.005.png

Maybe it is just me, but I see a marked difference.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official Idol 4S Picture &amp;amp; Video thread

IMG_20161116.jpg
Que?

Same scene but with Chamber of Commerce weather and taken with my BB Passport (a less than well-received shooter). Miami, we have a problem.

Last edited:

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
What color is your Cadillac? In the Idol 4s pic it looked mettalic gray. In this pic it has a greenish cast. Otherwise, this pic shows more detail than the others but, since you said it's a chamber of commerce day, I assume this is in better light?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Official Idol 4S Picture &amp; Video thread

What color is your Cadillac? In the Idol 4s pic it looked mettalic gray. In this pic it has a greenish cast. Otherwise, this pic shows more detail than the others but, since you said it's a chamber of commerce day, I assume this is in better light?
It's green. Like an Olive green. As for light, I'd say it's about the same. Just because it was raining yesterday doesn't affect the amount of light hitting the sensor. Maybe I'm just used to this s**t-hole but a rainy day like that will get you some serious sunburn if you're out long enough.

Last edited:

MOBBAK

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site

Que?

<WinCam ProShot>
View attachment 132067View attachment 132062

<WinCam ProShot>
View attachment 132068View attachment 132063

<WinCam ProShot>
View attachment 132069View attachment 132064

<WinCam ProShot>
View attachment 132070 View attachment 132065

<WinCam ProShot>
View attachment 132071 View attachment 132066

Maybe it is just me, but I see a marked difference.

Still bad quality, I can't even read any words on the license plate or even on the trash! I can see that Lumia 1020 and even Lumia 950 XL could take more way better picture than Idol 4S.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site

Still bad quality, I can't even read any words on the license plate or even on the trash! I can see that Lumia 1020 and even Lumia 950 XL could take more way better picture than Idol 4S.
I haven't read anyone arguing that the camera was on par with the 950/XL. If the camera is the most important aspect of a cell phone for you or anyone else, this probably isn't the cell phone for you or them. There are other aspects of this phone that are superior to the 950/XL. All cell phones have compromises.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo