Official Idol 4S Picture & Video thread

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Fun photo story: I have my Camera App set so that the camera button wakes the phone and also holding it takes a burst. Somehow my Incipio case was not quite on all the way so any little bump pushed on the button... I took 568 pictures of the inside of my pocket today. :winktongue: I was wondering why my phone was getting hot in my pocket. o_O
I guess there's a downside to having all of that storage space!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The second one looks better to me, more natural.

The second one of which set? We are into page 7 and the last pic posted was a single...

Click on the post number in the upper right of the post to get a link, or hit the Quote button to copy the entire post. Please and thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Another test. Fairly close (about 2') from something with a bit of natural gloss in a dark place. Wanted to see how the flash treats such a subject.

Microsoft Camera, forced flash.

WP_20170205_11_53_24_Pro.jpg

Some people can't rake care of nice things when they have them. :winktongue:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ProShot App using RAW (sensor) to TIFF (image file). Converted to JPG with Fotor. Cropped 16:9 in Polarr Pro and I added some Vibrance and Saturation.

TIFF to JPG_crop_Vibrance_Saturation.jpg

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how to fix this video problem? The contrast keeps switching back and forth during video capture. It's driving me nuts! Please help; I love everything about this phone, except the camera. What manual setting should I adjust to fix this so it stabilizes and doesn't keep switching?

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how to fix this video problem? The contrast keeps switching back and forth during video capture. It's driving me nuts! Please help; I love everything about this phone, except the camera. What manual setting should I adjust to fix this so it stabilizes and doesn't keep switching?
I replied in the other thread. :smile:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try manually setting White Balance... Maybe "Sunny" would be best since the issue is compensating for all the reflected light off the snow.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
An impromptu "shoot" with the Idol 4S... I was driving to an appointment and saw a steeple I'd not noticed before peeking up on a side street I'd not been down before...

Picture perfect came to mind when I went to look after my appointment. Out of 20 shots, these seem best to my eye.

Camera360 Sight, HDR (I'm just leaving Sight in HDR mode lately).

Sight_2017_02_16_142048_685.jpg
Sight_2017_02_16_142057_621.jpg
Sight_2017_02_16_142203_644.jpg

ProShot capture RAW > TIFF (likewise leaving in that setting). Opened in Fotor, slight straightening needed and then crop 5:7 out of the portrait 9:16 original.

TIFF to JPG_straighten_crop5to7.jpg

Microsoft Camera.

WP_20170216_14_16_21_Pro.jpg

Microsoft Camera, forced HDR.

WP_20170216_14_18_12_Pro.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A plague upon urban living. The most glorious sunset and I missed the best of the light looking for an uncluttered view. The Walmart parking lot and adjacent plaza were not the foreground one would hope for. When I came out of Wally World and saw the sunset I knew time was limited. I finally found an acceptable spot.

So...

This is ProShot RAW > TIFF, converted by Fotor to JPG.
TIFF to JPG.jpg

Not quite right, none of the "pop" my eye saw. So while I was in Fotor I browsed some filters and finally settled on "Darken."
Fotor Darken.jpg

There's the color, but the overall is much too dark. So I took the TIFF > JPG and went into Polar. I ended up changing things by 20.

Exposure -20. Brightness/Vibrance/Saturation/Shadows/Highlights/Clarity all +20. Then on each of the colors of the subject (Red/Orange/Yellow/Blue) I increased Saturation +20 and decreased Luminance -20. I believe this makes it more in line with my memory of what my eye saw.
TIFF to JPG_tweak by 20.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
By the way... Open any of the above images full size and look in the extreme background. Here is a screencap from a 100% view of the TIFF file.

Capture02.png

Seems to me that there is a wealth of clearly defined detail back there... And this in fairly low light/difficult light. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the sensor on this camera. Remember the original capture was ProShot RAW (sensor) to TIFF (image file). It is basically a dump of the sensor data and largely untouched by algorithms. The closest look we get on this camera of what the lens saw before processing.

We are looking at a sub 0.5MP image.
Capture01.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99