05-07-2017 11:20 AM
165 ... 34567
tools
    Hi miraidave and fatclue_98, what make and model SD cards are you using?
    I am using a Samsung Pro 64 GB but have tried using a Sandisk Ultra 64 GB as well.
    12-19-2016 04:15 PM
    This is why I decided a couple years ago that SD card support is no longer a requirement for me to consider a phone! I now spend the extra to get larger storage size so I do not have this hassle. It's not worth saving $50 or even $100 to me to put up with this.

It is probably a little easier for me to do than for some of you, since I'm not an audiophile and do not require a lot of storage. So far I've been fine with 64GB.

The problem is, what do I do when larger storage size is not available?
    You've been assimilated by the Dark Apple Borg. I only use SD cards because I have my music collection in a folder that I add to every now and again. I've yet to use any card larger than 16GB so I know I'm not anywhere near maxing out my phone's read capacity. I have a feeling that with Google following Apple's lead on not having SD support, it will get increasingly difficult in the future. Compounding the problem is OEMs putting the card in a tray that can only be removed with an ejector tool, aka paper clip.
    libra89, mark233, tgp and 2 others like this.
    12-19-2016 05:43 PM
    Thanks Dan, i will consider that case from t-mobile when i get my phone from the t-mobile store.
    12-20-2016 12:10 PM
    miraidave sorry for the late reply. you are not alone as with my new Idol 4S I have had the sd card unmount, just not as often. Thinking it may be my card I am using a Sandisk 128GB Ultra. I was able to go into a tmobile store and swap mine out, lady was very nice and had all fees waived even though I was past the 14 days. But everything else seems to be working better in general with the phone for now. I just lost some apps that are not available in the store any longer so i am not able to reinstall them.
    12-20-2016 12:19 PM
    miraidave sorry for the late reply. you are not alone as with my new Idol 4S I have had the sd card unmount, just not as often. Thinking it may be my card I am using a Sandisk 128GB Ultra. I was able to go into a tmobile store and swap mine out, lady was very nice and had all fees waived even though I was past the 14 days. But everything else seems to be working better in general with the phone for now. I just lost some apps that are not available in the store any longer so i am not able to reinstall them.
    I'm glad it is working out for you. Let me know if you it happens again on your new device. I switched to my Sandisk Ultra 64 GB to see if it is more stable than my Samsung Pro 64 GB. I'm thinking of getting another brand of SD card or just stop using SD cards in general if this continues.
    12-20-2016 02:07 PM
    Had a new issue today that is more than likely software related but it was annoying. My Microsoft account deleted itself from the phone. It cleared my messages, call logs, etc. I also lost all contacts. I had to readd it in settings. Still didn't get back massages but at least everything else came through.
    12-21-2016 10:27 AM
    Had a new issue today that is more than likely software related but it was annoying. My Microsoft account deleted itself from the phone. It cleared my messages, call logs, etc. I also lost all contacts. I had to readd it in settings. Still didn't get back massages but at least everything else came through.
    Wow that's crazy. Never heard of that happening but I imagine it drove you insane and borderline homicidal.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    libra89, Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    12-21-2016 03:16 PM
    Wow that's crazy. Never heard of that happening but I imagine it drove you insane and borderline homicidal.

what is driving me crazier is that about an hour ago everything came back... It added a Hotmail shortcut to my home screen because it was now a duplicate account, duplicate contacts and my messages are now all back. Not sure if it was server communication issue with outlook or what but I ended up deleting the new account I created earlier and now it is as if nothing happened. Enough to make me think I'm going nuts.
    12-21-2016 10:02 PM
    what is driving me crazier is that about an hour ago everything came back... It added a Hotmail shortcut to my home screen because it was now a duplicate account, duplicate contacts and my messages are now all back. Not sure if it was server communication issue with outlook or what but I ended up deleting the new account I created earlier and now it is as if nothing happened. Enough to make me think I'm going nuts.
    You don't need IT support, you need a priest.

12-22-2016 07:58 AM
    Has anyone noticed that when you get a phone call while your phone is locked and you pick it up, your proximity sensor doesn't work so the screen is on while at your ear? The sensor works fines if you call or receive a call when the phone is unlocked. Does this still happen in RS2 builds?
    12-23-2016 04:54 PM
    I haven't had a problem with it when I answer from locked, but sometimes when I talk on the phone it'll put my call on hold then try to calling the person I'm already talking to.
    12-23-2016 06:03 PM
    Has anyone noticed that when you get a phone call while your phone is locked and you pick it up, your proximity sensor doesn't work so the screen is on while at your ear? The sensor works fines if you call or receive a call when the phone is unlocked. Does this still happen in RS2 builds?
    Yes, I hadn't noticed it until*I read your post but mine does it too.
    12-24-2016 04:39 PM
    SD card unmounting has been relegated to about once a day but "Auto-Cortana" is really starting to push my buttons. Pre 3 is only a couple of days away.
    12-24-2016 06:10 PM
    Originally posted by fatclue_98
    I'm starting to feel like I'm on a BlackBerry again. Has anyone else been getting double typing? Maybe it's me but I feel like the word prediction is also going backwards.

Am I crazy or has something gone awry with the awesome Windows keyboard?

Word prediction has BEEN going backwards since wp8
    12-25-2016 02:53 AM
    How does "Shake Your Booty" resemble "Hey Cortana"? KC and The Sunshine Band consistently starts my phone and my daughter thinks it's funny. So what does a teenager do? Play KC on a loop to tick off daddy.

Update PLEASE!!!!!!
    12-25-2016 03:34 PM
    How does "Shake Your Booty" resemble "Hey Cortana"? KC and The Sunshine Band consistently starts my phone and my daughter thinks it's funny. So what does a teenager do? Play KC on a loop to tick off daddy.

Update PLEASE!!!!!!
    You must have a very special phone. It doesn't work on mine.
    12-25-2016 03:58 PM
    That's cuz you ain't from the 305.
    libra89, editguy and ttsoldier like this.
    12-25-2016 04:12 PM
    I've got apps that have all of a sudden decided to stop working. Both flashlight and Amazon Kindle app have worked fine until today. Now they don't. I've turned the phone off and back on s well as deleted and reinstalled the apps. They still don't work
    12-29-2016 12:14 AM
    Just got this phone so far my only complaints are not being able to remove the VR apps, and having to plug in 2 different headphones to get them to recognize. The first headphone set I tried (skullcandy) never detected until after i connected a cheapo Panasonic headset that has an iffy mic the Panasonic so far is the only headset i own that gets detected everytime it is connected. I also have another cheap set of earbuds with a braided cord (RBX I think) that I hope work as well as the Panasonic.

I'm thinking it has to do with the 3 ring 3.5mm connector on all of these the connector is straight not angled but the skullcandy ones have a connector that is much more worn out being 3 years old, the Panasonics are hardly used but have the iffy mic. Another cheap pair i tried JVC gummies (which i do not like how they fit my ears) also worked flawlessly.

Just a theory.
    12-29-2016 09:01 AM
    MMS issues where i will have to download the message or I receive the message but also another one from "UNKNOWN" that says "Couldn't get message." Doesn't seem to be missing any messages just seems to be having a problem handling them. Anyone else have this type of issue with MMS messages?
    12-29-2016 12:08 PM
    I read through most of everyones*issues with the phone. overall I love the*phone. I think most of the problems I heard that I can even relate too seems to*me might be the windows os bugs I had one where I jumped the gun with the insider build before there*was a roll back. Now there is one and not on the insider build anymore it broke to many things like wifi calling. No I also*have to share the fact as well as alarms . I uses the phone as my way of getting up for work and yes when playing music the phone actually for*phone speakers are amazingly loud but when it alarm it is low . I hope alarm app update will solve that . Now Yes Cortana tends to*activate when I don't want it to. Now I know I can turn that off but my last windows phone I used was a lumia 550 so the hey Cortana didn't work. Now I am having a current problem hoping maybe It might be just not knowing how to work this properly. I like to have specific ring tones and specific text tones for specific people in my contacts it is in the settings I have done this. But none of it seems to work it just uses my default ring and default text tone. I hoping that there might be someone out there that might be able to help me with this. Now as far as the vr stuff well it amused me for 15 mins . It is not why I bought the phone. * Now as far as the*accessories I love the wallet cases I did buy one but no cut out for the finger print scanner
    01-02-2017 08:34 PM
    MMS issues where i will have to download the message or I receive the message but also another one from "UNKNOWN" that says "Couldn't get message." Doesn't seem to be missing any messages just seems to be having a problem handling them. Anyone else have this type of issue with MMS messages?
    Haven't been on here in a few days but I had the same issue around the same time as you... only one message from unknown that said it couldn't be delivered. Everything came through and all texts were working so I just deleted it.

Latest issue for me is every now and then fingerprint sensor just stops responding and I need to reboot the phone. I've also had the OS lock up once or twice and I had to force reset. Nothing major to be honest and it's been running like a champ. I have found some games to be battery killers though but that's expected.
    01-05-2017 11:34 AM
    I disabled Wifi calling and have not had the problem since...
    01-05-2017 11:49 AM
    Originally posted by jlwaters11
    Is anyone else having trouble Connecting their BAND 2 to the Alcatel Idol 4S? Mine was linked to my L640 and worked perfectly. However, It won't connect properly to the Alcatel. I removed the Band app and reinstalled, I even factory reset the band, to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? Or am I the only one out of luck?
    Did you un-register it from your previous device?
    01-20-2017 01:27 PM
    That's because you didn't train Hey Cortana to the notes of Shake your booty.
    editguy likes this.
    02-16-2017 06:42 AM
165 ... 34567