05-07-2017 11:20 AM
165 ... 4567
tools
    Anyone not been able to reset their idol from hw keys? When I boot up holding the volume down key I get blank screen. Holding volume up takes into download mode. But that is not where a hard reset can be triggered from vol up, Vol down, power, Vol down.
    02-16-2017 11:33 AM
    Wow, the button placements are terrible for taking photos or videos in landscape which is about all I use.

I keep having videos stopped because my thumb is on the power button and the phone tells me to swipe down to close. If I flip the phone over, its better but then you inadvertently change the volume and still might trigger-shut down with a finger. There is no way to hold the phone that doesn't either risk that happening or make it more likely to drop or have the phone bumped out of your hands by a 3rd party or your own movements.

Power buttons should NOT be at a corner.
    TunedM52 likes this.
    02-17-2017 08:45 AM
    I'm running on fast insider ring and that has dramatically reduced the number of false cortana launches - but HDR photos now take around 7 seconds ! Anyone else noticed that ?
    03-29-2017 12:24 PM
    Mine has been stable, on production OS. I do notice that while playing a song via the hardware aux cable in my car, and when a call comes in via bluetooth, the music will stop as normal, but when the call ends sometimes I have to press the 'play' button on the phone to resume, and sometimes it resumes on its own. Probably an OS issue, though.

Another issue I noticed recently from a recent watch purchase is the connection to the Garmin vivoActive HR watch will not auto-connect, that I have to open the app to get them to sync, so notifications do not always come.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-31-2017 06:54 PM
    Another issue I noticed recently from a recent watch purchase is the connection to the Garmin vivoActive HR watch will not auto-connect, that I have to open the app to get them to sync, so notifications do not always come.
    I'm not seeing this with Band 2... Maybe approach Garmin about their App and give them a bug report.
    04-01-2017 09:25 AM
    I figured out the hard reset via button combo, it was just my timing.

The last issue I had from the last production update to .953 that was random and annoying. When I had my phone awake but locked, it would hang and reset if I went to use the finger print reader to unlock. It did this at least three or four times from the lock screen. Also if my phone was locked and I answered a phone call if I placed it to my ear the screen would stay lit. I would have to unlock phone and go back to current call in progress for the screen to turn off if placed to my ear.
    04-02-2017 05:13 PM
    Probably not the phone, but the OS itself: Alarms still do not work, as they come in so softly, and there's no way to boost the volume setting of alarms. When you set up an alarm, and pick a ringtone, there's a triangle 'play' icon allowing you to preview it, and the volume previews loudly. But when the alarm sounds, the volume is so weak, even though the volume buttons are set to '10'.
    libra89 likes this.
    04-04-2017 12:06 AM
    Probably not the phone, but the OS itself: Alarms still do not work, as they come in so softly, and there's no way to boost the volume setting of alarms. When you set up an alarm, and pick a ringtone, there's a triangle 'play' icon allowing you to preview it, and the volume previews loudly. But when the alarm sounds, the volume is so weak, even though the volume buttons are set to '10'.
    This is typical now. Alarm starts low, but builds as it cycles until it reaches a very loud state. I have no idea why they changed it... It seems to be this way across any device on W10M.
    nate0 likes this.
    04-04-2017 09:38 AM
    This is typical now. Alarm starts low, but builds as it cycles until it reaches a very loud state. I have no idea why they changed it... It seems to be this way across any device on W10M.
    It's been like that on every platform I've used for quite some time. I figure it's easier on the senses to be gently eased into the alarm than having a blast scare the bejeezus out of you.
    04-04-2017 09:51 AM
    Thanks Rum and fat (to use your first 3 letters!) I had the alarms wrong, and yes, the volume does get louder if left alone.
    fatclue_98 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-04-2017 10:23 PM
    As far as I know I've hit every notification option and settings option and I simply cannot get a sound to play for new email.
    04-05-2017 01:18 PM
    As far as I know I've hit every notification option and settings option and I simply cannot get a sound to play for new email.
    Did you activate sounds in the mail settings? I know it's redundant but it's necessary.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    RumoredNow and nate0 like this.
    04-05-2017 06:15 PM
    Did you activate sounds in the mail settings? I know it's redundant but it's necessary.
    Where is this setting found?
    04-05-2017 10:15 PM
    Where is this setting found?
    In the Outlook app itself.

RumoredNow and DLong4 like this.
    04-06-2017 08:35 AM

It's strange. In the app - settings - notifications. "PLAY A SOUND" is not highlighted.

Wait, I just clicked SHOW NOTIFICATION BANNER off and on again and the sound one lit up. I just checked it. Thanks this hopefully will work.
    RumoredNow and nate0 like this.
    04-09-2017 06:55 PM
    Not an issue but have I been totally unobservant or is this blue Start button new? Just noticed it a little while ago.

04-10-2017 11:59 AM
    @fatclue_98 are you on Creators?

I can't replicate.
    04-10-2017 12:10 PM
    @fatclue_98 are you on Creators?

I can't replicate.
    No, I'm on 14393.953

RumoredNow likes this.
    04-10-2017 12:46 PM
    Not on mine, either. Are you feeling blue?
    libra89, fatclue_98 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-10-2017 02:34 PM
    Ok, chalk this up to the gremlins. Got the 14393.1066 update and my Start button is white again. Howeverrrrrrr, all 3 nav buttons seem a bit smaller. I wonder if MS is trying to reclaim some .00005" of screen real estate.

RumoredNow and editguy like this.
    04-11-2017 03:25 PM
    I'm not sure if this is a fault with the phone or windows 10 but I seem to need a soft reset at least once a day. Small issues come up like keys on the keyboard not functioning properly, camera issues and other features failing to work. I've also had the phone freeze up for a few seconds and restart a few times. I understand some folks wont have these issues and I'm wondering if it comes down to how much the device is used. I'm starting to miss the reliability of WP8.
    04-12-2017 01:30 PM
    I'm not sure if this is a fault with the phone or windows 10 but I seem to need a soft reset at least once a day. Small issues come up like keys on the keyboard not functioning properly, camera issues and other features failing to work. I've also had the phone freeze up for a few seconds and restart a few times. I understand some folks wont have these issues and I'm wondering if it comes down to how much the device is used. I'm starting to miss the reliability of WP8.
    Are you on an Insider Build or stock? Factory versions have been rock solid for some time now.
    editguy, mark233 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-12-2017 02:27 PM
    Ok, chalk this up to the gremlins. Got the 14393.1066 update and my Start button is white again. Howeverrrrrrr, all 3 nav buttons seem a bit smaller. I wonder if MS is trying to reclaim some .00005" of screen real estate.

Are you on T-Mobile ? I haven't noticed this14393.1066 update on my wife's T- mobile Alcatel Idol 4S. Iam not on slow or fast ring.
    04-13-2017 09:32 AM
    Are you on T-Mobile ? I haven't noticed this14393.1066 update on my wife's T- mobile Alcatel Idol 4S. Iam not on slow or fast ring.
    Yep, I'm with the Magenta Morons and I'm not on any Insider builds either.
    04-13-2017 01:17 PM
    Please help!! No idea how but I did something that made my keyboard half the size. How do I get it back to full??

TIA
    04-13-2017 03:12 PM
165 ... 4567