What issues have you run into with this phone so far?

Kacchan

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
WiFi calling has never worked in my office for what its worth. Our work has wifi calling blocked on our wifi network. No idea how, but it is...
I'm glad I have my cell spot lol it is a god send as I hate wifi calling.

It always sends me double text

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'll be returning mine today. :( As a couple others have reported...the headphone jack has been dodgy on mine and its not something I can risk being non-functional. As noted in my other thread, turning on the fingerprint unlock, automatically requires the phone to be unlocked each and every time? I can't live with that long term, and I'm not sure why that's being required by the software.

Last edited:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'll be returning mine today. :( As a couple others have reported...the headphone jack has been dodgy on mine and its not something I can risk being non-functional. As note in my other thread, turning on the fingerprint unlock, automatically requires the phone to be unlocked each and every time? I can't live with that long term, and I'm not sure why that's being required by the software.
Phone doesn't have to be unlocked. I grab my phone press and hold and it unlocks

Sent from mTalk

jlwaters11

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble Connecting their BAND 2 to the Alcatel Idol 4S? Mine was linked to my L640 and worked perfectly. However, It won't connect properly to the Alcatel. I removed the Band app and reinstalled, I even factory reset the band, to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? Or am I the only one out of luck?

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I rarely use headphone or aux cables (my car only has bluetooth), but I just tested my phone with headphones and it has the headphone detection issue about 10% of the time. The stranger thing is that about 40% of the time after I plug in the headphones, Cortana would pop up. It's probably the ghost Cortana issue that people have discussed above. I hope the headphone port issue is firmware related and not hardware related so it can be fixed with updated drivers.

On another note, my SD card would unmount itself for no reason sometimes. This has only happened to me a few times, but it seems like the phone is a bit buggy during its initial release. Hopefully, these issues will all be fixed with software or firmware patches.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I rarely use headphone or aux cables (my car only has bluetooth), but I just tested my phone with headphones and it has the headphone detection issue about 10% of the time. The stranger thing is that about 40% of the time after I plug in the headphones, Cortana would pop up. It's probably the ghost Cortana issue that people have discussed above. I hope the headphone port issue is firmware related and not hardware related so it can be fixed with updated drivers.

On another note, my SD card would unmount itself for no reason sometimes. This has only happened to me a few times, but it seems like the phone is a bit buggy during its initial release. Hopefully, these issues will all be fixed with software or firmware patches.
U guys sure the headphone bug isn't a software issue? I had a 640 and 640 XL that it happened on as well didnt happen much maybe a couple times

Sent from mTalk

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
U guys sure the headphone bug isn't a software issue? I had a 640 and 640 XL that it happened on as well didnt happen much maybe a couple times
Hmm...its possible. I only have my 950 to compare it to, and I never had this happen. (Still don't.) For mine, the Aux cord slides in quite difficult/hard...so I think there might be something either too tight on mine, or something.Could also be a grounding issue...I've just had weird things like only playing in 1 of the 8 speakers in the car. The fix was to unplug/replug the Aux cord (never happens on the 950 or the GS6). Sound came right back on all speakers. So...there's some bugs in the phone (usually early adopter stuff, no big deal).My Lapdock 100 also doesn't work with the Alcatel for Continuum, but the 950 does.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm...its possible. I only have my 950 to compare it to, and I never had this happen. (Still don't.) For mine, the Aux cord slides in quite difficult/hard...so I think there might be something either too tight on mine, or something.Could also be a grounding issue...I've just had weird things like only playing in 1 of the 8 speakers in the car. The fix was to unplug/replug the Aux cord (never happens on the 950 or the GS6). Sound came right back on all speakers. So...there's some bugs in the phone (usually early adopter stuff, no big deal).My Lapdock 100 also doesn't work with the Alcatel for Continuum, but the 950 does.

How do you connect to your Lapdock? Wired or with a wireless adapter?

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I notice when I plug my aux cord in now in my car I only get sound out of one of my car speakers i have to replug it in to get sound from all my car speakers

Sent from mTalk

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
How do you connect to your Lapdock? Wired or with a wireless adapter?

I'm still working on the stability part. The lapdock seems to be very sensitive with the spagetti of cables I have to make it all work. So, it's not something you can spend the day with yet. I haven't tried the MS Wireless adapter yet, hoping to this weekend.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I notice when I plug my aux cord in now in my car I only get sound out of one of my car speakers i have to replug it in to get sound from all my car speakers

Sent from mTalk

It's funny you should mention that. I had the exact same thing happen with my 650. Tried my car aux with the new Alcatel and everything 'just works'.

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
My SD card has been unmounting at least once a day. If I take my sim tray out and put it back in, the SD card will detect again, but then T-Mobile won't IMS register the sim for VOLTE. I usually will need to reboot. My SD card is a Samsung Pro 64 GB, and it was working fine on my Lumia 640. Is anyone else getting these errors or do you think this a hardware issue that would warrant an exchange?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My SD card has been unmounting at least once a day. If I take my sim tray out and put it back in, the SD card will detect again, but then T-Mobile won't IMS register the sim for VOLTE. I usually will need to reboot. My SD card is a Samsung Pro 64 GB, and it was working fine on my Lumia 640. Is anyone else getting these errors or do you think this a hardware issue that would warrant an exchange?
I haven't had any issues with my SD card.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have had this phone since wed. It was shipped directly from tmo. Upon first power up and attempting to connect to my 5Ghz wireless it kept crashing the phone. After the 3rd time I jumped it to the 2.4 band and got it to finish setup. I got it to update to version .448. since then I have and a couple random reboots. one of them it kept crash booting over and over and on the 5 or 6 time came up to the lock screen. And on that one, I was not using the phone but heard it vibrate next to me at my desk.

I have had Cortana randomly become active with nothing being said. And so far from the reviews I've seen everyone has given positive comments about the battery. I can say I am not. Its reminding me of the Lumia icon I had and how it would be at 50% by noon. while this is not as bad... the last couple days I was at 70%. My 6s plus, it would be around 90%. (I dont have a many apps installed)

Nothing earth shattering. it does seem to be settling down with exception to the battery.

Sent from mTalk

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble Connecting their BAND 2 to the Alcatel Idol 4S? Mine was linked to my L640 and worked perfectly. However, It won't connect properly to the Alcatel. I removed the Band app and reinstalled, I even factory reset the band, to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue? Or am I the only one out of luck?

No issues here. After resetting my band all is good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs