What issues have you run into with this phone so far?

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner or Windows hello has caused the phone to lock up and reboot 3 times so far. I'd be willing to bet It's a Windows 10 mobile issues instead of an issues with the phone though. Most of my issues are Windows 10 related actually...

jlwaters11

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I fixed my Band 2 issues. This phone is terrific. I really love the size, it's a great upgrade over the L640. Again, my only wish is that they made the camera button a double press to engage, that way you aren't accidentally launching the camera when you don't want to.

I hope this phone get's consistent firmware updates like the HP Elite X3. I think the camera in general is the weakest part of the phone-- But I think it's a software issue, similar to what the HP phone had to deal with upon initial release. I see the camera and video adjust brightness even when shooting the same image, causing the screen to go dark, light, dark. Very inconsistent. Hopefully this will get addressed soon.

ceger

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm constantly losing data connection. Need to either have it search networks and then reselect T-Mo or restart the phone every couple of hours. I have figured out that my phone probably has a radio defect.

Other than that... love it. Though I miss wireless charging.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by ceger
I'm constantly losing data connection. Need to either have it search networks and then reselect T-Mo or restart the phone every couple of hours. I have figured out that my phone probably has a radio defect.

Other than that... love it. Though I miss wireless charging.

I have the same issue from time to time

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I got the T-Mobile Idol 4S a few days ago and the first couple days had charging issues. Using the OEM cable and wall charger plugged into a power strip the 'slow USB charging' notification appeared and the after a while charging would stop (ie, light goes out, no charging symbol). If I unplugged then replugged the phone in again charging would resume, but stop again later. Other than the notice and interruptions, charging and discharging seemed normal.

Now I have the OEM charger and cable plugged directly into the wall and still occasionally get the slow notice, but so far charging has been continuous. Even with the notice charging seems fast. I've ordered a second wall charger to see if that's the problem.

As an aside, before really setting up the phone I did the latest update (to .448), did a factory reset, then set it up fresh instead of using an existing backup.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I also wonder if it's not the charger, does the phone battery management software learn or fix itself?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Never seen anything like that...mine fast charges fine on the MS 950 wall charger, the Alcatel included one and my Aukey QC 3.0 charger just fine. (no notifications of it slow charging, ever.)

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Eric J F
I got the T-Mobile Idol 4S a few days ago and the first couple days had charging issues. Using the OEM cable and wall charger plugged into a power strip the 'slow USB charging' notification appeared and the after a while charging would stop (ie, light goes out, no charging symbol). If I unplugged then replugged the phone in again charging would resume, but stop again later. Other than the notice and interruptions, charging and discharging seemed normal.

Now I have the OEM charger and cable plugged directly into the wall and still occasionally get the slow notice, but so far charging has been continuous. Even with the notice charging seems fast. I've ordered a second wall charger to see if that's the problem.

As an aside, before really setting up the phone I did the latest update (to .448), did a factory reset, then set it up fresh instead of using an existing backup.

Has anyone else seen this issue? I also wonder if it's not the charger, does the phone battery management software learn or fix itself?

Now that I remember mine said the same the day I first got it. But hasn't since then.

Off topic: I regret not getting a case. Worked on my car with this phone, set it down on asphalt, blemishes around the metal corners. :[

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Glove mode is very sensitive. You can hover your finger over a tile and it'll launch. I've disabled it because let's face it, I'm not wearing gloves for the 50 degree Miami winters.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't use WiFi calling, but I've had absolutely no SIM issues at all.
No issues here check your sim card it could be damaged I had problems at first but it was because the rep that put my sim in my phone damaged the sim

Sent from mTalk

makowb

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Windows 10 doesn't officially support SIM hot swapping. Some features may or may not be enabled when doing so, such as VoLTE.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster