What issues have you run into with this phone so far?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is why I decided a couple years ago that SD card support is no longer a requirement for me to consider a phone! I now spend the extra to get larger storage size so I do not have this hassle. It's not worth saving $50 or even $100 to me to put up with this.

It is probably a little easier for me to do than for some of you, since I'm not an audiophile and do not require a lot of storage. So far I've been fine with 64GB.

The problem is, what do I do when larger storage size is not available? :unhappysweat:
You've been assimilated by the Dark Apple Borg. I only use SD cards because I have my music collection in a folder that I add to every now and again. I've yet to use any card larger than 16GB so I know I'm not anywhere near maxing out my phone's read capacity. I have a feeling that with Google following Apple's lead on not having SD support, it will get increasingly difficult in the future. Compounding the problem is OEMs putting the card in a tray that can only be removed with an ejector tool, aka paper clip.

smejicoiii

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
miraidave sorry for the late reply. you are not alone as with my new Idol 4S I have had the sd card unmount, just not as often. Thinking it may be my card I am using a Sandisk 128GB Ultra. I was able to go into a tmobile store and swap mine out, lady was very nice and had all fees waived even though I was past the 14 days. But everything else seems to be working better in general with the phone for now. I just lost some apps that are not available in the store any longer so i am not able to reinstall them.

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
miraidave sorry for the late reply. you are not alone as with my new Idol 4S I have had the sd card unmount, just not as often. Thinking it may be my card I am using a Sandisk 128GB Ultra. I was able to go into a tmobile store and swap mine out, lady was very nice and had all fees waived even though I was past the 14 days. But everything else seems to be working better in general with the phone for now. I just lost some apps that are not available in the store any longer so i am not able to reinstall them.

I'm glad it is working out for you. Let me know if you it happens again on your new device. I switched to my Sandisk Ultra 64 GB to see if it is more stable than my Samsung Pro 64 GB. I'm thinking of getting another brand of SD card or just stop using SD cards in general if this continues.

duckydan

Oct 9, 2007
Visit site
Had a new issue today that is more than likely software related but it was annoying. My Microsoft account deleted itself from the phone. It cleared my messages, call logs, etc. I also lost all contacts. I had to readd it in settings. Still didn't get back massages but at least everything else came through.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Had a new issue today that is more than likely software related but it was annoying. My Microsoft account deleted itself from the phone. It cleared my messages, call logs, etc. I also lost all contacts. I had to readd it in settings. Still didn't get back massages but at least everything else came through.
Wow that's crazy. Never heard of that happening but I imagine it drove you insane and borderline homicidal.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

duckydan

Oct 9, 2007
Visit site
Wow that's crazy. Never heard of that happening but I imagine it drove you insane and borderline homicidal.

what is driving me crazier is that about an hour ago everything came back... It added a Hotmail shortcut to my home screen because it was now a duplicate account, duplicate contacts and my messages are now all back. Not sure if it was server communication issue with outlook or what but I ended up deleting the new account I created earlier and now it is as if nothing happened. Enough to make me think I'm going nuts.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
what is driving me crazier is that about an hour ago everything came back... It added a Hotmail shortcut to my home screen because it was now a duplicate account, duplicate contacts and my messages are now all back. Not sure if it was server communication issue with outlook or what but I ended up deleting the new account I created earlier and now it is as if nothing happened. Enough to make me think I'm going nuts.
You don't need IT support, you need a priest.

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when you get a phone call while your phone is locked and you pick it up, your proximity sensor doesn't work so the screen is on while at your ear? The sensor works fines if you call or receive a call when the phone is unlocked. Does this still happen in RS2 builds?

RockStarNinja

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with it when I answer from locked, but sometimes when I talk on the phone it'll put my call on hold then try to calling the person I'm already talking to.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when you get a phone call while your phone is locked and you pick it up, your proximity sensor doesn't work so the screen is on while at your ear? The sensor works fines if you call or receive a call when the phone is unlocked. Does this still happen in RS2 builds?
Yes, I hadn't noticed it until*I read your post but mine does it too.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
SD card unmounting has been relegated to about once a day but "Auto-Cortana" is really starting to push my buttons. Pre 3 is only a couple of days away.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by fatclue_98
I'm starting to feel like I'm on a BlackBerry again. Has anyone else been getting double typing? Maybe it's me but I feel like the word prediction is also going backwards.

Am I crazy or has something gone awry with the awesome Windows keyboard?

Word prediction has BEEN going backwards since wp8

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
How does "Shake Your Booty" resemble "Hey Cortana"? KC and The Sunshine Band consistently starts my phone and my daughter thinks it's funny. So what does a teenager do? Play KC on a loop to tick off daddy.

Update PLEASE!!!!!!

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
How does "Shake Your Booty" resemble "Hey Cortana"? KC and The Sunshine Band consistently starts my phone and my daughter thinks it's funny. So what does a teenager do? Play KC on a loop to tick off daddy.

Update PLEASE!!!!!!
You must have a very special phone. It doesn't work on mine.

bmcgee81

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I've got apps that have all of a sudden decided to stop working. Both flashlight and Amazon Kindle app have worked fine until today. Now they don't. I've turned the phone off and back on s well as deleted and reinstalled the apps. They still don't work

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Just got this phone so far my only complaints are not being able to remove the VR apps, and having to plug in 2 different headphones to get them to recognize. The first headphone set I tried (skullcandy) never detected until after i connected a cheapo Panasonic headset that has an iffy mic the Panasonic so far is the only headset i own that gets detected everytime it is connected. I also have another cheap set of earbuds with a braided cord (RBX I think) that I hope work as well as the Panasonic.

I'm thinking it has to do with the 3 ring 3.5mm connector on all of these the connector is straight not angled but the skullcandy ones have a connector that is much more worn out being 3 years old, the Panasonics are hardly used but have the iffy mic. Another cheap pair i tried JVC gummies (which i do not like how they fit my ears) also worked flawlessly.

Just a theory.

smejicoiii

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
MMS issues where i will have to download the message or I receive the message but also another one from "UNKNOWN" that says "Couldn't get message." Doesn't seem to be missing any messages just seems to be having a problem handling them. Anyone else have this type of issue with MMS messages?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss