What issues have you run into with this phone so far?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not an issue but have I been totally unobservant or is this blue Start button new? Just noticed it a little while ago.

r0qsTqS.jpg

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, chalk this up to the gremlins. Got the 14393.1066 update and my Start button is white again. Howeverrrrrrr, all 3 nav buttons seem a bit smaller. I wonder if MS is trying to reclaim some .00005" of screen real estate.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a fault with the phone or windows 10 but I seem to need a soft reset at least once a day. Small issues come up like keys on the keyboard not functioning properly, camera issues and other features failing to work. I've also had the phone freeze up for a few seconds and restart a few times. I understand some folks wont have these issues and I'm wondering if it comes down to how much the device is used. I'm starting to miss the reliability of WP8.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a fault with the phone or windows 10 but I seem to need a soft reset at least once a day. Small issues come up like keys on the keyboard not functioning properly, camera issues and other features failing to work. I've also had the phone freeze up for a few seconds and restart a few times. I understand some folks wont have these issues and I'm wondering if it comes down to how much the device is used. I'm starting to miss the reliability of WP8.

Are you on an Insider Build or stock? Factory versions have been rock solid for some time now.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok, chalk this up to the gremlins. Got the 14393.1066 update and my Start button is white again. Howeverrrrrrr, all 3 nav buttons seem a bit smaller. I wonder if MS is trying to reclaim some .00005" of screen real estate.

Are you on T-Mobile ? I haven't noticed this14393.1066 update on my wife's T- mobile Alcatel Idol 4S. Iam not on slow or fast ring.

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Please help!! No idea how but I did something that made my keyboard half the size. How do I get it back to full??

TIA

Go to "More Keyboard Settings" All settings/keyboard/more keyboard settings
Set the Keyboard size to your desired size.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Are you on T-Mobile ? I haven't noticed this14393.1066 update on my wife's T- mobile Alcatel Idol 4S. Iam not on slow or fast ring.

That's the build I'm on, non insider on mobile. Phone was updated to it on good friday, I grabbed my phone to head out and noticed it had restarted. So far so good.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not an issue but have I been totally unobservant or is this blue Start button new? Just noticed it a little while ago.

http://i.imgur.com/r0qsTqS.jpg

haha. I saw this on the Start Screen and Backgrounds forum thread and was about to ask you about the blue button. I figured you enabled it as a different nav bar color to match your theme, then switched it off and it hung around or something. It almost looks as if a mouse pointer hovered over it like on the desktop version...you use continuum?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99