Sign-In Options - Stuck on 'Every Time'

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue? I cannot change the 'Require Sign-in' option...its stuck on 'Every Time'

My 950 doesn't have this issue...

wp_ss_20161116_0001.jpg

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So, thankfully I have a 950 for comparison. With the fingerprint reader on for Windows Hello, that option immediately grey's out for me requiring it every time I want to unlock the phone. (I originally thought it was from MobileIron as a GPO from work.) It's not as my 950 matches the GPO of requiring a pin/windows hello after 5 mins of inactivity.

Coupled with the headphone jack issue I'm having, I'll be returning this one today. I suspect this is just the way its going to be with the Idol 4S, can anyone else confirm this behavior with theirs? TIA

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I think it's designed liked that, since I believe the Elite X3 does the same thing. Maybe they will change this in RS2.

What I would really like is for Windows 10 Mobile to have the option to pair trusted devices to allow bypassing the login, like in Android. This way, I would not have to login if I am wearing my pebble time, like I use to do on my GS Note 5.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The problem with that 'its supposed to do that' is that on my 950 with Windows Hello on for facial recognition, that option isn't grey'd out, so I can still choose how long before it locks up. I can't see really why it would matter face or fingerprint...they're both Windows Hello. The rules should apply the same...

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
At first I was annoyed that after rebooting you have to login with pin first before hello will work. But then I thought ONCE cortana is able to respond to hey cortana turn off. This will be a really good security/privacy measure to prevent law enforcement from unlocking your phone using your biometric.

argenys

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this issue? I cannot change the 'Require Sign-in' option...its stuck on 'Every Time'

My 950 doesn't have this issue...

View attachment 132109

To my knowledge all fingerprint phones are like that minus phones like Galaxy(smart features like while I'm home) . I have a oneplus 2 and even 1 second after lock you need a pin or fingerprint. Unless you'll never get a fingerprint capable phone I suggest you get used to that particular issue.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I think you have to been done some changes in 'Privacy' Settings. AND// I have L535 which is non-compatible to Win Hello still shows this option working.

Kacchan

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
At first I was annoyed that after rebooting you have to login with pin first before hello will work. But then I thought ONCE cortana is able to respond to hey cortana turn off. This will be a really good security/privacy measure to prevent law enforcement from unlocking your phone using your biometric.

Yeah the iPhone does it. I used to get annoyed but now I don't really mind it like you said it is a good security measure.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've turned off Win Hello & fingerprint, no big deal...it makes total sense why it is set like that. As an IT guy...its an inconsistent application of Win Hello IMO. Facial unlock via Win Hello allows that setting, Fingerprint doesn't...both biometric unlocks. (No big deal...)Thanks for the feedback everyone

Kacchan

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I've turned off Win Hello & fingerprint, no big deal...it makes total sense why it is set like that. As an IT guy...its an inconsistent application of Win Hello IMO. Facial unlock via Win Hello allows that setting, Fingerprint doesn't...both biometric unlocks. (No big deal...)Thanks for the feedback everyone

Other than this are you liking your phone?

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Other than this are you liking your phone?
I love this phone...considering the price, the build quality is superb, battery lasts (for me) all day with lots left over. Camera is much improved by using a 3rd party camera app. Yep. Its a keeper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo