Crash and reboot - it's too much

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Remove SD card completely, does it still happen then? Does remind me of a battery issue I had some months ago on a Samsung phone, changed the battery, problem sorted.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
All the migration does is download the apps and settings. It's not like I upgraded from wp 8.1 to w10

Not true because there were even warnings from MS when backing up data with a certain build and restoring it on future builds. My guess is that this is not a perfected process. There are registry entries being created and other things done in the filesystem. Settings may have been removed, settings changed etc.

Most of the biggest issues with windows 10 desktop were users who did upgrades from a previous OS. Reseting usually fixed issues. Same goes for Windows 10. I would just start fresh and then go to "my library" and download your apps that way.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Krystianpants
Originally Posted by RobbieRobski
All the migration does is download the apps and settings. It's not like I upgraded from wp 8.1 to w10

Not true because there were even warnings from MS when backing up data with a certain build and restoring it on future builds. My guess is that this is not a perfected process. There are registry entries being created and other things done in the filesystem. Settings may have been removed, settings changed etc.

Most of the biggest issues with windows 10 desktop were users who did upgrades from a previous OS. Reseting usually fixed issues. Same goes for Windows 10. I would just start fresh and then go to "my library" and download your apps that way.

Pretty much this. I hard reset my idol 4s without restoring from backup the other day and it seems a lot more stable. Certainly didn't crash yesterday at all, so that was interesting.
We'll see how today goes. Should get heavier usage today.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I had an issue yesterday with the fingerprint scanner when I tried it again. It showed there was a security issue and the need for a reset.

I did the reset with no backup and started fresh. Now the phone is working very well so far. No issues yet with 'Hey Cortana ' randomly starting up.

Battery life has been very good and the overall experience is just better than my 950.

Hopefully there will be no more issues with this device. I really want to keep it.

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Just installed field medic. How can I share the reports? I see lots in the upload section, they all say pending but nothing happens when I long press etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett