Idol 4s Heating Up At Times

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Maybe its just me or maybe I use my phone more than u guys, I've switched my phone out once before but my phone heats up a bit not a whole lot but pretty often I notice when using Facebook, mtalk and maybe readit. I'm just guessing. Is there a app to download to see what apps are burning up the processor? Battery saver is no help at all Imo. I'm on build .448
Usually heats along the gold trim of the phone. Every review I've seen of the phone says it doesn't heat up im calling bs on that one. Like I said its not a constant thing happens maybe twice a day and I've swapped it out and even the tmobile guy said he tried it and it heated up a few times on him as well

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I honestly can't wear it...I get nauseous after about a minute. So, I can't confirm that behavior.

I don't have mine yet, but I won't be able to use it, either. I can't play certain video games because they cause me to feel nauseated. I first discovered this back in the days of Wolfenstein and Doom. What's weird is that I can ride the wildest roller coasters without any negative effects.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
This is the first & only time I've experienced it...so I guess VR isn't for me. IDC...it was always a bonus...the phone is amazing, so it's all good!

DouttJ

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine heats up very warm doing the simplest of things. I have to reboot it and let it cool down. I thought it was only mine, because the reviews all say it runs cool even when running VR. I was about to take back and exchange it and then I saw your post. Maybe I need to go with a different phone.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I also didn't buy the phone for VR. So far I have not had any heating issues with the phone. It is by far the best mobile device I have used running win 10 this year.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Mine heats up very warm doing the simplest of things. I have to reboot it and let it cool down. I thought it was only mine, because the reviews all say it runs cool even when running VR. I was about to take back and exchange it and then I saw your post. Maybe I need to go with a different phone.

I guess it would depend on one's definition of heating up. I've never encountered a smartphone that didn't get really warm or hot at times. To me, anyway, an overheating problem would be if the phone is running very warm or hot most of the time.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I did a hard reset and this time I didn't restore from a back up and now it doesn't get warm as much as before

Before I had restored from a backup of my Lumia 640 XL I think that may have been a issue, probably some Lumia apps trying to install or something

Sent from mTalk

Alinson Ortiz

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
I did a hard reset and this time I didn't restore from a back up and now it doesn't get warm as much as before

Before I had restored from a backup of my Lumia 640 XL I think that may have been a issue, probably some Lumia apps trying to install or something

Sent from mTalk

how to hard reset this phone i only know soft reset

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Sedp23
Originally Posted by Alpha Bao
can I know which part of the device heats up? top or bottom or near the fingerprint sensor?

Gets warm near the camera and all along the gold trim of the phone

Sent from mTalk

What apps or what is it that you are doing when this happens for you? I was on 6tag while charging so it seemed normal to me.
Although it was pretty cold in the room so any sign of warms is easily noticable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs