12-06-2016 01:07 PM
26 12
tools
    Maybe its just me or maybe I use my phone more than u guys, I've switched my phone out once before but my phone heats up a bit not a whole lot but pretty often I notice when using Facebook, mtalk and maybe readit. I'm just guessing. Is there a app to download to see what apps are burning up the processor? Battery saver is no help at all Imo. I'm on build .448
    Usually heats along the gold trim of the phone. Every review I've seen of the phone says it doesn't heat up im calling bs on that one. Like I said its not a constant thing happens maybe twice a day and I've swapped it out and even the tmobile guy said he tried it and it heated up a few times on him as well
    11-21-2016 10:35 AM
    Ok, I'm not a heavy user. The only times its heated up for me is when using VR.
    11-21-2016 06:42 PM
    Does your vr video start tilting the hotter it gets or is it just me?
    11-21-2016 08:12 PM
    Originally posted by eddieDOTexe
    Originally Posted by dorelse
    Does your vr video start tilting the hotter it gets or is it just me?
    I honestly can't wear it...I get nauseous after about a minute. So, I can't confirm that behavior.
    11-21-2016 09:39 PM
    I honestly can't wear it...I get nauseous after about a minute. So, I can't confirm that behavior.
    I don't have mine yet, but I won't be able to use it, either. I can't play certain video games because they cause me to feel nauseated. I first discovered this back in the days of Wolfenstein and Doom. What's weird is that I can ride the wildest roller coasters without any negative effects.
    11-21-2016 11:55 PM
    This is the first & only time I've experienced it...so I guess VR isn't for me. IDC...it was always a bonus...the phone is amazing, so it's all good!
    editguy likes this.
    11-22-2016 08:35 AM
    Yeah, I definitely didn't buy the phone for VR. But I know an eleven year old that can't wait to try it.
    11-22-2016 01:04 PM
    Mine heats up very warm doing the simplest of things. I have to reboot it and let it cool down. I thought it was only mine, because the reviews all say it runs cool even when running VR. I was about to take back and exchange it and then I saw your post. Maybe I need to go with a different phone.
    11-23-2016 09:20 PM
    I also didn't buy the phone for VR. So far I have not had any heating issues with the phone. It is by far the best mobile device I have used running win 10 this year.
    11-23-2016 10:37 PM
    Mine heats up very warm doing the simplest of things. I have to reboot it and let it cool down. I thought it was only mine, because the reviews all say it runs cool even when running VR. I was about to take back and exchange it and then I saw your post. Maybe I need to go with a different phone.
    I guess it would depend on one's definition of heating up. I've never encountered a smartphone that didn't get really warm or hot at times. To me, anyway, an overheating problem would be if the phone is running very warm or hot most of the time.
    11-23-2016 11:32 PM
    I did a hard reset and this time I didn't restore from a back up and now it doesn't get warm as much as before

Before I had restored from a backup of my Lumia 640 XL I think that may have been a issue, probably some Lumia apps trying to install or something

Sent from mTalk
    dorelse likes this.
    11-24-2016 05:43 AM
    I did a hard reset and this time I didn't restore from a back up and now it doesn't get warm as much as before

Before I had restored from a backup of my Lumia 640 XL I think that may have been a issue, probably some Lumia apps trying to install or something

Sent from mTalk
    how to hard reset this phone i only know soft reset
    11-29-2016 06:19 PM
    Settings > type About and scroll down to hard reset

Sent from mTalk
    11-29-2016 06:48 PM
    not thats soft reset i mean like the lumia when you turn it on while holding down the volume
    11-29-2016 07:16 PM
    can I know which part of the device heats up? top or bottom or near the fingerprint sensor?
    11-29-2016 08:48 PM
    can I know which part of the device heats up? top or bottom or near the fingerprint sensor?
    I've not had it get "hot". But if I'm browsing or playing video it gets warm near the top. Nothing that I wouldn't expect.
    11-29-2016 11:25 PM
    Thats opposite

This morning when I was charging and using it got pretty got I'll keep an eye out and keep you posted.
    I'm assuming you want to see if its normal versus abnormal depending on heating area?
    11-30-2016 02:27 AM
    not thats soft reset i mean like the lumia when you turn it on while holding down the volume
    What I said was a hard reset. U are taking about a soft reset hold the power button and down

Sent from mTalk
    11-30-2016 04:36 AM
    Gets warm near the camera and all along the gold trim of the phone

Sent from mTalk
    11-30-2016 04:37 AM
    Originally posted by Sedp23
    Originally Posted by Alpha Bao
    Gets warm near the camera and all along the gold trim of the phone

Sent from mTalk
    What apps or what is it that you are doing when this happens for you? I was on 6tag while charging so it seemed normal to me.
    Although it was pretty cold in the room so any sign of warms is easily noticable
    11-30-2016 01:23 PM
    What apps or what is it that you are doing when this happens for you? I was on 6tag while charging so it seemed normal to me.
    Although it was pretty cold in the room so any sign of warms is easily noticable
    Facebook, messenger, Instagram or so it seems

Sent from mTalk
    12-01-2016 09:09 AM
    sounds rather normal to me you must go hard on that social media because I do so on IG and my phone gets hot like that too.
    12-02-2016 12:34 AM
    sounds rather normal to me you must go hard on that social media because I do so on IG and my phone gets hot like that too.
    Pretty much lol

Sent from mTalk
    12-02-2016 11:00 AM
    Is Idol 4S worth of buying or not?
    12-05-2016 10:50 PM
    Originally posted by Ganesh Vu
    Is Idol 4S worth of buying or not?
    If you understand that Win10 mobile is still really unfinished: Yes. Just b careful if u don't use a case. Phone is very sensitive to blemishes.
    If u want stable mobile os experience, stay away. Wait a little.
    12-06-2016 02:29 AM
26 12