Any recommendations on an ultra-thin hard shell case for this phone???

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I am contemplating buying this phone since I am a T-Mobile customer. Can anyone recommend an ultra-thin hard shell case for this phone? I have not seen much on Amazon. I am not interested in any gel cases, just hard shell but nothing that will add much bulk to the phone.

Ricanmeng

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I tried the J&D design one from Amazon and am returning it right away. The back is hard and the rest is TPU and does not fit very well. Incipio is too this and everything else is either bulky or a bobo looking TPU case. I am still looking aswell.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking at several, there's on on Amazon by Caseroxx (in several colors). I'm going to try a few, I'll update if I find a winner.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I just found a couple interesting cases. Made for the Blackberry DTEK60 (which is another variation of the Idol 4S) One was a snap on hard case, and one leather case. Try Amazon and eBay for the DTEK60.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Player Piano
I am contemplating buying this phone since I am a T-Mobile customer. Can anyone recommend an ultra-thin hard shell case for this phone? I have not seen much on Amazon. I am not interested in any gel cases, just hard shell but nothing that will add much bulk to the phone.

If you look back on Amazon, search for DTEK60 cases. They have a few of the ones you're talking about....in assorted colors. I have a DTEK60 TPU case on mine right now that fits much better than the J&D for the Idol 4S. I'll have a couple of the hard back cases later this week.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
If you look back on Amazon, search for DTEK60 cases. They have a few of the ones you're talking about....in assorted colors. I have a DTEK60 TPU case on mine right now that fits much better than the J&D for the Idol 4S. I'll have a couple of the hard back cases later this week.
Hey, thanks for keeping me up to date. On a sad note I returned my Idol 4S and will hang onto my L950. At the rate apps are dropping from the Store I had a hard time justifying spending more cash on Windows Mobile.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey, thanks for keeping me up to date. On a sad note I returned my Idol 4S and will hang onto my L950. At the rate apps are dropping from the Store I had a hard time justifying spending more cash on Windows Mobile.
You really have to do what works for you. My mind likes to entertain the idea of a 950 again but not sure if it makes sense to drop over 100 for a Windows phone that will play third fiddle for me.

At least you tried it though!

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
You really have to do what works for you. My mind likes to entertain the idea of a 950 again but not sure if it makes sense to drop over 100 for a Windows phone that will play third fiddle for me.

At least you tried it though!

Well, I tried it and I liked it quite a lot. Windows Mobile suits me well, and I had all of the apps that I needed maybe 1 year ago. I sent back the IDOL 4S prior to the announcement of full Windows 10 on ARM. As long as they continue to remain silent about the future of Window Mobile I cannot find myself investing in their products. If the Surface Phone ever becomes a reality I will be first in line to order.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, I tried it and I liked it quite a lot. Windows Mobile suits me well, and I had all of the apps that I needed maybe 1 year ago. I sent back the IDOL 4S prior to the announcement of full Windows 10 on ARM. As long as they continue to remain silent about the future of Window Mobile I cannot find myself investing in their products. If the Surface Phone ever becomes a reality I will be first in line to order.
That's what the jump plan is for I'm planning to jump when/if something better comes

Sent from Idol 4s with Windows

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
That's what the jump plan is for I'm planning to jump when/if something better comes

Sent from Idol 4s with Windows
I don't jump. I usually do not buy phones locked, I prefer unlocked and buy them straight up. The less I have to deal with T-Mo reps the happier I am.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Since I can't get the Incipio DualPro anywhere :eck: I'm purchasing these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3617434

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3617434

I wish there was a case like the DualPro combined with the cool ring thing on the first case. That would be a sweet combo IMHO.
How are these working out for u I'm thinking about grabbing the one with the car ring/kick stand

Sent from Idol 4S

anon(601415)

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
How are these working out for u I'm thinking about grabbing the one with the car ring/kick stand
The ring/kick stand is very cool, and comes separately, so you could stick it to any case. The case it comes with is rather thin and feels like it might be a bit fragile, but the texture is awesome.

The other case has a nice rubbery feel, but is a fingerprint magnet. They are both good in their own ways, but I'm very much looking forward to the Incipio DualPro case that should be here any day now. I plan to stick the ring to the back of that case.

anon(601415)

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
WOW. Just received my Incipio DualPro case and it's even more impressive than I expected. Having had the same case for my Lumia 930, I was already expecting greatness. But the thinness of the Idol 4S, even with this case on it, is still incredibly thin. I was actually surprised when I opened the package to see how thin the case is. I'm officially a happy camper. Now to install the ring stand from the other case.... :)

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
WOW. Just received my Incipio DualPro case and it's even more impressive than I expected. Having had the same case for my Lumia 930, I was already expecting greatness. But the thinness of the Idol 4S, even with this case on it, is still incredibly thin. I was actually surprised when I opened the package to see how thin the case is. I'm officially a happy camper. Now to install the ring stand from the other case.... :)
Ordered the case with the ring on it should be here sometime before 9. Cortana scanned my tracking info and showed it to me automatically, first time I saw that happen

Sent from Idol 4S

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
The ring/kick stand is very cool, and comes separately, so you could stick it to any case. The case it comes with is rather thin and feels like it might be a bit fragile, but the texture is awesome.

The other case has a nice rubbery feel, but is a fingerprint magnet. They are both good in their own ways, but I'm very much looking forward to the Incipio DualPro case that should be here any day now. I plan to stick the ring to the back of that case.
Loving the case so far have to see how u hook the kick stand up don't know what I did with the little instructions. But overall its good enough for me it came with a screen protector ill have to sit down and try to get it on perfectly. I'm pretty content with it

Sent from Idol 4S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb