Release preview on Idol 4s

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone installed any insider builds on this phone. As I understand it, there are some risks because the phone doesn't currently support wdrt. I was curious if anyone has run the release preview and had any issues with it?

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and immediately went on the Fast Ring with it. It's running smooth and no problems. Since we've been on Redstone there haven't been any "life threatening" bugs like the good old days before Threshold.

I've had a 640 running Fast Ring for a while now. Release Preview should be as safe as Production. (and after I say this something will blow up tomorrow) Anyway we should have WDRT backup pretty soon. I'm surprised it's not live now.

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Just out of curiosity with wdrt, we would only be able to rollback the device to another build correct? The carrier would still be in charge of all firmware updates.

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
The only issue I have had so far is that the outlook calendar is not showing up under notifications. Has this been an issue for you? It was listed with my 950 but not my idol 4s.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by mbrooks78
Thanks. Just out of curiosity with wdrt, we would only be able to rollback the device to another build correct? The carrier would still be in charge of all firmware updates.

WDRT would load the original build. For firmware updates we would have to "Stop Insider Builds" and check for updates. If I remember right from the 950 discussions.

Once we download the firmware, pop back on the Insider Program.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99