Visual voicemail problems

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't seem to get get setup using visual voicemail on my idol 4s after multiple attempts. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, were you able to fix it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I long ago stopped using carrier VVM and moved to YouMail on the web + ISeeVM on the phone.

It's better and portable. Works on any phone, any carrier, any SIM, any number and is a UWP App as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does this require an unlocked phone? I am already using trucaller. This wont interfere would it?

It doesn't require an unlocked device.

No idea about TrueCaller, since I don't use that. Trying it out now.

So here is the deal...

I installed TrueCaller and I already had ISeeVM on my phone. ISeeVM immediately broke.

So I uninstalled both and rebooted. Installed TrueCaller and set it up again. Then I installed ISeeVM. It asked to be my default Caller ID, I canceled that. It asked to be my default Call/SPAM Blocker, I canceled that.

Both now appear to be working.

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by RumoredNow
Originally Posted by mbrooks78
Does this require an unlocked phone? I am already using trucaller. This wont interfere would it?

Originally Posted by RumoredNow
It doesn't require an unlocked device.

No idea about TrueCaller, since I don't use that. Trying it out now.

So here is the deal...

I installed TrueCaller and I already had ISeeVM on my phone. ISeeVM immediately broke.

So I uninstalled both and rebooted. Installed TrueCaller and set it up again. Then I installed ISeeVM. It asked to be my default Caller ID, I canceled that. It asked to be my default Call/SPAM Blocker, I canceled that.

Both now appear to be working.

Thanks, let me what you think about trucaller because it basically handles some of what Iseevm does. I really like trucaller, I hope they play nice.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I can't seem to get get setup using visual voicemail on my idol 4s after multiple attempts. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, were you able to fix it?
That's odd. Mine has worked since the very first voice mail. The only thing I'm not happy with is the volume of the voicemails, in spite of having such great speakers. Maybe one of the apps mentioned perform better with that?

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by editguy
Originally Posted by mbrooks78

That's odd. Mine has worked since the very first voice mail. The only thing I'm not happy with is the volume of the voicemails, in spite of having such great speakers. Maybe one of the apps mentioned perform better with that?

Are you running any insider builds?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Disregard... TrueCaller borks ISeeVM even if you don't have ISeeVM replicate default Contact handler and Blocker duties.

TrueCaller uninstalled, ISeeVM still broken. Had to also uninstall ISeeVM, restart my phone and install ISeeVM again, go through the setup again... Still didn't get ISeeVM back. Uninstall and soft reset, TWICE. Uninstall ISeeVM, full reboot, reinstall. NOTHING BUT CRASHES.

I'm done with TrueCaller. It broke my phone.

I'm pretty upset right now.

:unhappy:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I've had to Factory Reset my phone to undo what TrueCaller would not uninstall on it's own. Before that I even tried reinstalling TrueCaller, turning off all the permissions in the App, deactivating my account with them and rescinding all permissions for the App at the OS level. Reboots and Soft Resets still gave no relief...

mbrooks78

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by RumoredNow
So I've had to Factory Reset my phone to undo what TrueCaller would not uninstall on it's own. Before that I even tried reinstalling TrueCaller, turning off all the permissions in the App, deactivating my account with them and rescinding all permissions for the App at the OS level. Reboots and Soft Resets still gave no relief...

That seems crazy, considering neither are system level applications. I hate to say thank you, but because of your troubles, I know to uninstall trucaller if I install iseevm.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that's horrible. :(

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
On AT&T and have not got my VVM working yet. Every other unlocked Windows 10 phone has worked. But I'm also dealing with an imei/make/model mismatch issue atm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss