07-04-2017 11:16 AM
44 12
tools
    Same here, restored backup and VR apps still there.
    I'm willing to bet that when the unlocked variant ROM shows back up in WDRT It will not be installable on T-Mobile variants. If anyone has Twitter, hit up Legere and see if he's willing to look into it.
    02-23-2017 12:23 PM
    I'm willing to bet that when the unlocked variant ROM shows back up in WDRT It will not be installable on T-Mobile variants. If anyone has Twitter, hit up Legere and see if he's willing to look into it.
    Why would Legere want to help you uncouple your phone from Tmo?
    02-23-2017 12:32 PM
    Not uncouple it from T-Mobile, just be able to get the VR apps off the phone. The VR experience sucks, and it isnt the main reason I purchased it. I got it thinking I would be able to uninstall apps like I used to, and set the phone up to my liking. At least in Android you can hide apps, no such thing going on with this version of Windows phone.
    02-23-2017 12:36 PM
    They are oem provisioned apps. Just like the tmobile app. There's probably a provxml file baked into the ffu file to install the apps.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-23-2017 12:45 PM
    Thats why I'm thinking that the tools on another popular website may be of some help here if there was at least an iota of dev support for the Idol 4s, to alter the XML file or some registry key that can be toggled on or off.
    02-23-2017 06:16 PM
    But since its confirmed that you can flash the T-Mobile to the unbranded variant and there is speculation the hardware is identical, would that mean you couldn't flash it back because now its a T-Mobile phone as far as WDRT can tell? And since its IMEI is not in the T-Mobile DB, you couldn't even get T-Mobile to ever unlock it. You could permanently kill your unbranded phone on your carrier (and any but T-Mobile) if you accidentally clicked the wrong choice in WDRT?
    RumoredNow and editguy like this.
    02-23-2017 07:23 PM
    But since its confirmed that you can flash the T-Mobile to the unbranded variant and there is speculation the hardware is identical, would that mean you couldn't flash it back because now its a T-Mobile phone as far as WDRT can tell? And since its IMEI is not in the T-Mobile DB, you couldn't even get T-Mobile to ever unlock it. You could permanently kill your unbranded phone on your carrier (and any but T-Mobile) if you accidentally clicked the wrong choice in WDRT?
    For now yes. That is the case. Until the other rom shows up, you are stuck with a T-Mobile rom on an unlocked device.
    02-23-2017 07:47 PM
    For now yes. That is the case. Until the other rom shows up, you are stuck with a T-Mobile rom on an unlocked device.
    BUT if WDRT thinks you now have a T-Mobile phone, you may not be allowed to recover to anything but a T-Mobile image.
    02-23-2017 09:03 PM
    BUT if WDRT thinks you now have a T-Mobile phone, you may not be allowed to recover to anything but a T-Mobile image.
    In a few poor choice of words...there's more than one way to skin a cat.
    No animals were harmed while typing this.
    02-24-2017 12:34 AM
    If I had the unbranded ROM then Id try to see if I can get these unwanted apps off. As an aside, anyone having issues with icons disappearing but not really disappearing. They are there but the image is a blank placeholder.
    02-24-2017 04:07 PM
    I have the unlocked IDOL 4s with the "unbranded" ROM. All the vr apps there and un-removable. Of course the t-mobile is gone though....
    editguy likes this.
    02-24-2017 10:35 PM
    I have the unlocked IDOL 4s with the "unbranded" ROM. All the vr apps there and un-removable. Of course the t-mobile is gone though....
    What is the root cause of this issue?

Is it because for some reason "they" whoever they are, don't want to or can't put the apps in the Store and so this is a way to keep customers getting into a situation where they have to do a hard reset/restore to get the apps back after uninstalling them?
    02-25-2017 07:12 AM
    It is not a format issue with the videos not playing back in full frame. It is the software. If it was a video format issue the video would not play back on the phone. I can play the video fine until you put it in the headset and the provided app launches. Select the video and it plays. Just will not go to full frame which is needed to get the 3d effect.

They just need to allow you to uninstall the provided app and let you install another VR app from the store.
    03-15-2017 08:25 PM
    Captain Felcraft VR has been stuck in the store app unable to update since last week. Glitch or issue anyone know?
    04-11-2017 10:33 PM
    Captain Felcraft VR has been stuck in the store app unable to update since last week. Glitch or issue anyone know?
    Looks like a store issue. My Fellcraft has not updated recently and now it isn't on my Library list in the store and search will not find it. Other Fibrum apps are there.

It is operational on my Idol 4S.
    04-12-2017 02:25 PM
    I think this was found by someone else already but if anyone is still interested...I figured out a way to uninstall all of them.

I think they will provision back if you hard reset though. I do not want to hard reset right now to test it. I never opened one of them on my IDOL4s phone, I never went into the VR store either, so this was coming from a freshly reset IDOL4s.

A re-flash would put them back too of course. It requires full file system access with the Interop Tools found on the xda forums. All I did was delete all of the VR apps from C:\Programs\Commonfiles\xaps. Rebooted. Then touch\hold on each app and the uninstall option was available. I stumbled on it when I had issues with mTalk and myTube failing to install with error code 0x800413A0. I had to go delete the failed installs of both those apps to get to re-install finally. So I decided to look for the VR apps and proceeded to delete them out of the provisioning folder.
    anon(9809330) and RumoredNow like this.
    06-18-2017 06:09 PM
    I wish I trusted myself to try this.
    06-19-2017 02:19 AM
    I wish I trusted myself to try this.
    It does require some skill and understanding of how to enable the phone to mount the right way so you can view all the files. It was a bit tricky since the app bundles are named ambiguously. I had to look at the licensing xml files to determine if they had to be deleted or not.
    06-19-2017 10:10 AM
    The VR apps do not return after a hard reset. So looks like only reflashing will put them back.
    07-04-2017 11:16 AM
44 12