Uninstalling the VR software

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
re:

Doesn't work for me. I used a backup and it didn't work. Every app restored the way the phone was originally set up. Disappointing for sure, not unless
I'm missing something.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
re:

Doesn't work for me. I used a backup and it didn't work. Every app restored the way the phone was originally set up. Disappointing for sure, not unless
I'm missing something.
It seems like the one's it worked for were backing up from 8.1 and those backing up from 10 were having no success. Were you backing up from 10? If not, that kills that theory.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

It seems like the one's it worked for were backing up from 8.1 and those backing up from 10 were having no success. Were you backing up from 10? If not, that kills that theory.

Nope, reverse that... darrell reimer stated that he restored a backup from a Lumia 650 and did not see the VR Apps install. He had to reset and do a clean setup to see the VR Apps. Impossible that he backed up a 650 on 8.1.

Meanwhile PFSP stated he tried the trick with an 8.1 backup and the VR Apps installed

This must be a W10M thing. I restored mine from a W8.1 phone and the VR apps were left in tact.

Last edited:

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
re:

Yeah It was another WM 10 build, heck it was even dated from july from my 950XL? I went ahead and flashed used it anyway and no dice.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
re:

I'm willing to bet that when the unlocked variant ROM shows back up in WDRT It will not be installable on T-Mobile variants. If anyone has Twitter, hit up Legere and see if he's willing to look into it.
Why would Legere want to help you uncouple your phone from Tmo?

PatrickDay

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
re:

Not uncouple it from T-Mobile, just be able to get the VR apps off the phone. The VR experience sucks, and it isnt the main reason I purchased it. I got it thinking I would be able to uninstall apps like I used to, and set the phone up to my liking. At least in Android you can hide apps, no such thing going on with this version of Windows phone. :angry:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
re:

They are oem provisioned apps. Just like the tmobile app. There's probably a provxml file baked into the ffu file to install the apps.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
re:

Thats why I'm thinking that the tools on another popular website may be of some help here if there was at least an iota of dev support for the Idol 4s, to alter the XML file or some registry key that can be toggled on or off.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

I'm willing to bet that when the unlocked variant ROM shows back up in WDRT It will not be installable on T-Mobile variants. If anyone has Twitter, hit up Legere and see if he's willing to look into it.
But since its confirmed that you can flash the T-Mobile to the unbranded variant and there is speculation the hardware is identical, would that mean you couldn't flash it back because now its a T-Mobile phone as far as WDRT can tell? And since its IMEI is not in the T-Mobile DB, you couldn't even get T-Mobile to ever unlock it. You could permanently kill your unbranded phone on your carrier (and any but T-Mobile) if you accidentally clicked the wrong choice in WDRT?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
re:

But since its confirmed that you can flash the T-Mobile to the unbranded variant and there is speculation the hardware is identical, would that mean you couldn't flash it back because now its a T-Mobile phone as far as WDRT can tell? And since its IMEI is not in the T-Mobile DB, you couldn't even get T-Mobile to ever unlock it. You could permanently kill your unbranded phone on your carrier (and any but T-Mobile) if you accidentally clicked the wrong choice in WDRT?
For now yes. That is the case. Until the other rom shows up, you are stuck with a T-Mobile rom on an unlocked device.

PatrickDay

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
re:

If I had the unbranded ROM then Id try to see if I can get these unwanted apps off. As an aside, anyone having issues with icons disappearing but not really disappearing. They are there but the image is a blank placeholder.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
re:

I have the unlocked IDOL 4s with the "unbranded" ROM. All the vr apps there and un-removable. Of course the t-mobile is gone though....

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

I have the unlocked IDOL 4s with the "unbranded" ROM. All the vr apps there and un-removable. Of course the t-mobile is gone though....
What is the root cause of this issue?

Is it because for some reason "they" whoever they are, don't want to or can't put the apps in the Store and so this is a way to keep customers getting into a situation where they have to do a hard reset/restore to get the apps back after uninstalling them?

DblGonzo

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
re:

It is not a format issue with the videos not playing back in full frame. It is the software. If it was a video format issue the video would not play back on the phone. I can play the video fine until you put it in the headset and the provided app launches. Select the video and it plays. Just will not go to full frame which is needed to get the 3d effect.

They just need to allow you to uninstall the provided app and let you install another VR app from the store.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
re:

Captain Felcraft VR has been stuck in the store app unable to update since last week. Glitch or issue anyone know?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Captain Felcraft VR has been stuck in the store app unable to update since last week. Glitch or issue anyone know?

Looks like a store issue. My Fellcraft has not updated recently and now it isn't on my Library list in the store and search will not find it. Other Fibrum apps are there.

It is operational on my Idol 4S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb