WDRT Update Hints at Unlocked Alcatel Idol 4S

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
and still after months no image in sight...pretty pathetic. I have to use the tmobile image to reset my unlocked version in Canada.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
and still after months no image in sight...pretty pathetic. I have to use the tmobile image to reset my unlocked version in Canada.
I did that once. Ruined my LTE and mms while on AT&T. Luckily it went on sale cheaper at Amazon so I returned that one and bought the cheaper one...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
At this point we should either expect a FW update and a new FFU file with the creators update or they will release the Original FW for the unlocked model with an RS1 version FFU file. Got my hopes up for a FW updated RS2 ffu file to pop up after RS2 goes live for mobile. Not sure many of us can wait that long for it though. Any signs or news on this yet?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yes they have kept hinting for a very long time now but nothing available for FFU on this device after such a long period of time. I had issues and had to put the tmobile FFU on my open market device.

UPDATE:

just plugged my phone in and the open market FFU is now available.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
yes they have kept hinting for a very long time now but nothing available for FFU on this device after such a long period of time. I had issues and had to put the tmobile FFU on my open market device.

UPDATE:

just plugged my phone in and the open market FFU is now available.

does this unlock any more LTE bands

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
does this unlock any more LTE bands
I think it does. But I have yet to 100% validate that. I can not see any band locking on it but on the box it lists bands that are not listed for the T-Mobile model on their site. It is hard to say but from first looks it may.

Here is a pic of my box and LTE bands.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think it does. But I have yet to 100% validate that. I can not see any band locking on it but on the box it lists bands that are not listed for the T-Mobile model on their site. It is hard to say but from first looks it may.

Here is a pic of my box and LTE bands.

Guess there is only one way to find out

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
lol the T mobile model have more LTE bands? why!? :( yesterday i was ready for buy it but see on amazon the unlocket only have GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 2/4/5, LTE 2/4/12 and my 4g use LTE7 :(

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
lol the T mobile model have more LTE bands? why!? :( yesterday i was ready for buy it but see on amazon the unlocket only have GSM 850/900/1800/1900, UMTS 2/4/5, LTE 2/4/12 and my 4g use LTE7 :(

Well.. Where i'm from we are soon to get LTE, maybe in about two months or so... I just ordered the Alcatel Idol 4s and now I'm finding out our LTE will be B28 which doesn't seem supported by the Idol 4s :(

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Well.. Where i'm from we are soon to get LTE, maybe in about two months or so... I just ordered the Alcatel Idol 4s and now I'm finding out our LTE will be B28 which doesn't seem supported by the Idol 4s :(

LOL now the idol its 279$ on amazon! damn i want it! but waste that money for a phone without 4G( i know its something little i mean its just the 4g) but cmon u know guys when u get 4g cant go back to 3G :s at least here in Costa Rica...

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL now the idol its 279$ on amazon! damn i want it! but waste that money for a phone without 4G( i know its something little i mean its just the 4g) but cmon u know guys when u get 4g cant go back to 3G :s at least here in Costa Rica...

unless there will be a rom that will unlock more bands ;)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I cannot verify it with my own eyes off of the device (i.e. in a field test app etc..) but I have listed for my Unlocked model LTE bands 2,4,5,7,12,17 on the box. I believe you were mistaken and it is the T-Mobile model only shows 2,4,12. If the Open Market US rom flashes to the Tmobile model and unlocks other bands it would not surprise me.

Plus Amazon has a 30 day return policy...or 14 day, one of the two.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
unless there will be a rom that will unlock more bands ;)

Yeah but at this time therer is no rom or news about it :(

I cannot verify it with my own eyes off of the device (i.e. in a field test app etc..) but I have listed for my Unlocked model LTE bands 2,4,5,7,12,17 on the box. I believe you were mistaken and it is the T-Mobile model only shows 2,4,12. If the Open Market US rom flashes to the Tmobile model and unlocks other bands it would not surprise me.

Damn i ask to alcatel support and he say the model 6071W have those bands my friend, so i guess thats the model on amazon (i mean there is only Tmobile and unlocket one) thanks to u! bcuz every page about phones (gsmarena and more) only listed those 3 LTE bands

Edit: the last support hang my chat and new girl say she cant help me "the device can be modify also by the service provider, also according to de specifications it is not comparable you can get it but we can not guarantee that is going to work" so LOL? and the return policy its not that easy because im from Costa Rica, not US

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Ok I'm confused.

All websites say 2, 4, 12... even amazon that is selling the phone. You box says 2,4,5,7,12,17.. This is good that means more bands... What i'm confused about is if i will get LTE where i am from.

Like i stated we are going to be getting LTE in a few months.. an inside source told me it's going to be : LTE: APT (B28) + AWS (B4) then he said something about apt 700.... That's all gibberish to me...

Would i get LTE or not? lol

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Like i stated we are going to be getting LTE in a few months.. an inside source told me it's going to be : LTE: APT (B28) + AWS (B4) then he said something about apt 700.... That's all gibberish to me...

Would i get LTE or not? lol

So AWS is Band 4 for 3G or LTE, both of which this phone has. No Band 28, that's 700 MHz, but higher in the range than the 700 MHz this phone has on Band 17 or 12.

Are you on Digicel?

If you are you would get solid 2G and 3G. LTE would be area dependant as to which cells get AWS (has) and which get APT (doesn't have).

Last edited:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So AWS is Band 4 for 3G or LTE, both of which this phone has. No Band 28, that's 700 MHz, but higher in the rage than the 700 MHz this phone has on Band 17 or 12.

Are you on Digicel?

If you are you would get solid 2G and 3G. LTE would be area dependant as to which cells get AWS (has) and which get APT (doesn't have.

Yes. I am on Digicel. Right now we have 3G but they advertise it as 4G but it's not. lol.

They say now that we will get true LTE when they launch.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I love this phone. Being able to use Interop services in my favor helps a ton. I'm on the T-Mobile FW right now using AT&T and my configuration options for LTE are better than the unlocked rom. Trying to learn as much as I can about this phone and how it operates....

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I am on Digicel. Right now we have 3G but they advertise it as 4G but it's not. lol.

Same thing that AT&T and T-Mo did in the US. They called H+ "4G" and it got the nickname FauxG since it is really 3.5G. Then LTE came in. They did it because of pressure from Vzw who bought up all the 700 MHz spectrum initially offered and got a big jump start rolling out LTE.

So Digicel is operating their 3G on Band 5 (1900). Since your source says that LTE will be Band 4 (1700/2100) or Band 28 (700) that tells me they will be deploying new cells and not converting old ones from 3G to LTE.

Urban areas will likely benefit more from Band 28 as the 700 MHz frequency penetrates dense structures better. If you are in a large city, I would bet on Band 28 being deployed there. Conversely, Band 4 might be used more readily in the countryside... Just speculation on my part.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss