How's Your Battery Holding Up After 14393.576

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Seem like tha update messed up my battery life and my Cortana hey Cortana stopped working and battery life was ruined

pk8tGAu.jpg

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
No changes on mine. Battery life is the same. I don't normally use Hey Cortana, but I turned it on and it's working fine.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Did a hard reset and my battery is still struggling to last more than 5 hours. Getting high discharge rates

5Ddjpm1.jpg

Sent from Idol 4s with Windows

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is as stellar as always. One of the few bright spots on this phone. Sadly, it's not the device so it makes no sense to switch to another phone. Them speakers....

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
With the new 594 update my battery life is back to being great again no excessive drain or heating up

Sent from Idol 4S

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
This question is not directed at any specific build version...During moderate to heavy usage are you guys seeing some juice left at the end of the day?

Seeing it has the same capacity battery as the 950 I am pretty comfortable saying this phone should go longer than the 950 due to the SD 820. I am just wondering how much better the power management is based on experience.

Thanks.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
This question is not directed at any specific build version...During moderate to heavy usage are you guys seeing some juice left at the end of the day?

Seeing it has the same capacity battery as the 950 I am pretty comfortable saying this phone should go longer than the 950 due to the SD 820. I am just wondering how much better the power management is based on experience.

Thanks.
From 8:00 this morning to 10:30 this evening. Texting, one hour talking, FB and browsing the net, 69% remaining. Battery life is amazing. I truly do love this phone!

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks.
My battery isn't lasting very long 6-7 hours at best. Instagram heats up my phone and seems to be the reason for any drain im getting. Build .594 I was getting 13+ hours

Sent from Idol 4S

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Here's an example of the battery life I'm getting on the latest .694 build

I've done a hard reset restored from a back up and a hard reset. Where I didn't restore from a back up

gnDJQ7s.jpg

Sent from Idol 4S

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Lol are u using Instagram or Facebook at all? I got hours like that on build .594, but this new build this is what I'm getting right now

Sent from Idol 4S
I don't use Instagram, but I use Facebook a lot. That also included a lot of web browsing and two hours of voice calls. Also played one*game.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't use Instagram, but I use Facebook a lot. That also included a lot of web browsing and two hours of voice calls. Also played one*game.
Well I'm just going to swap my phone out tomorrow and see if that helps. This will be the second swap I've done. Does ur phone overheat at all? Mines overheats using ig but stops when I leave the app...didnt do this on .594 either

It's hard to tell if it's the phone or a build bug

Sent from Idol 4S

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Well I'm just going to swap my phone out tomorrow and see if that helps. This will be the second swap I've done. Does ur phone overheat at all? Mines overheats using ig but stops when I leave the app...didnt do this on .594 either

It's hard to tell if it's the phone or a build bug

Sent from Idol 4S
No, my phone has never overheated and, if anything, battery life has gotten better with the latest build (although it's been fantastic for me all along). I wonder If your problem could be related to IG? Maybe someone else who uses it could chime in about their battery life. If it's not that,*maybe it is your phone. It's hard to believe you could have gotten two buggy ones, but I guess it's possible!

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
My Alcatel has fantastic battery performance (official latest production build). Never has been hot. I don't have Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram ... don't use Skype.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
No, my phone has never overheated and, if anything, battery life has gotten better with the latest build (although it's been fantastic for me all along). I wonder If your problem could be related to IG? Maybe someone else who uses it could chime in about their battery life. If it's not that,*maybe it is your phone. It's hard to believe you could have gotten two buggy ones, but I guess it's possible!
Swapped my phone out today been doing everything on it very little heat got on Instagram for 10 minutes no noticeable heat either. Beginning to think it was the first 2 phones I had....so far so good I'll see how it goes through the weekend

Sent from Idol 4S

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo