The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
02-21-2017 06:47 PM
106 123 ...
tools
    Any news on the unlocked Idol 4s? Dan though maybe t-mobile had a 60 day exclusive on it and here we are 60 days after release with no news.
    01-10-2017 11:22 AM
    WDRT v3.11.34101 added Idol 4S "Open Market" on 12/12/2016 so it is almost certain to be in the pipeline...

capture01.png

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention this. O_o
    Guytronic and mark233 like this.
    01-10-2017 11:28 AM

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention this. O_o
    Maybe it's because most owners are like me and have had no need to even check out WDRT for this device.
    fatclue_98 and mark233 like this.
    01-10-2017 12:08 PM
    I knew about that story, but that was a month ago and nothing since. Like I said a 60 day exclusive as Dan was saying is not unusual, and today would be 60 days.
    01-10-2017 12:11 PM
    Maybe it's because most owners are like me and have had no need to even check out WDRT for this device.
    I go into WDRT every few days to check if it will update... When it does I take note of the differences so I can log them here. http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...more-oems.html

I find it interesting. Hopefully users find it useful.
    jwinch2 and mark233 like this.
    01-10-2017 12:20 PM
    Amen to that brother. I only did it once to get back after playing with Insider Builds. Never again - "Not gon' do it, wouldn't be prudent".
    mark233, libra89 and editguy like this.
    01-10-2017 03:24 PM
    I do have my unlock code for mine from t-mobile. Is there a way to unlock it without having to insert a foreign SIM in the phone? I just need to get to a spot to enter the unlock code. Any way to do that from the dialer?
    01-10-2017 04:03 PM
    Any way to do that from the dialer?
    ##7820#
    fatclue_98 and dorelse like this.
    01-10-2017 04:35 PM
    ##7820#
    hmm...that doesn't seem to be doing anything
    01-10-2017 05:19 PM
    I hope this happens soon. I'm definitely in the market, and so far am not ready to jump on anything which has been out for a while.
    01-10-2017 05:24 PM
    I'll see if I can borrow a SIM off of someone at work tomorrow and see what happens.

Hopefully that will do the trick.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-10-2017 05:33 PM
    Found a Verizon hotspot from work with a SIM in it. I've unlocked the phone(s) with the provided t-mobile code! (said: Code Accepted). So...I now have 2 unlocked IDOL 4S's. Very cool.

My hand was forced a bit on this one. No way to receive server alerts from work on my Idol, so I have a fruity phone and my Idol 4S. My wife, bless her, has tried to stick with it..but has moved to an iPhone. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 01-11-2017 at 10:19 AM. Reason: cleanup on aisle 5
    libra89, RumoredNow and Montpbm like this.
    01-10-2017 06:00 PM
    [NOTE]A friendly reminder... Buying / Selling can only happen in the Marketplace.[/NOTE]
    libra89, jwinch2 and Guytronic like this.
    01-11-2017 10:18 AM
    I would dig on this device if only AT&T would loosen their chains on supporting Unlocked devices with their Enhanced LTE services.
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-11-2017 10:46 AM
    I would dig on this device if only AT&T would loosen their chains on supporting Unlocked devices with their Enhanced LTE services.
    I think they all do the same. I know T-Mobile does which is why I prefer not to use factory unlocked phones. It sucks but I've been spoiled with HD voice calling.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    Guytronic, mark233 and Montpbm like this.
    01-11-2017 12:24 PM
    Three UK don't allow VOLTE on Windows phones even though the 950/XL devices are capable of it. Boo hoo.
    01-11-2017 12:42 PM
    [NOTE]A friendly reminder... Buying / Selling can only happen in the Marketplace.[/NOTE]
    Sorry about that.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-11-2017 01:54 PM
    I think they all do the same. I know T-Mobile does which is why I prefer not to use factory unlocked phones. It sucks but I've been spoiled with HD voice calling.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    T-Mobile is a little better than AT&T in this regard. It just so happens that Windows Phones are not really cared about when it comes to unlocked phones with carrier features. There are several unlocked Android phones that have HD Voice/VoLTE. Not sure if you know this already but the Pixel is just like how they treat iPhones, everything works without a hitch or any work required.

I get everything with my sim-free iPhone without any work or problems. Even though it isn't T-Mo's phone, it recognizes it as a phone.
    Guytronic, mark233 and Montpbm like this.
    01-11-2017 02:31 PM
    T-Mobile is a little better than AT&T in this regard. It just so happens that Windows Phones are not really cared about when it comes to unlocked phones with carrier features. There are several unlocked Android phones that have HD Voice/VoLTE. Not sure if you know this already but the Pixel is just like how they treat iPhones, everything works without a hitch or any work required.

I get everything with my sim-free iPhone without any work or problems. Even though it isn't T-Mo's phone, it recognizes it as a phone.

I can't speak about the Pixel but I do know that if a phone is not "certified" by T-Mobile, it won't get VoLTE. It'll work as far as data and voice, but HD calling and sometimes Visual Voicemail and/or WiFi calling won't work. Being the chronic switcher that I am, believe me, it's infuriating. As for iPhones, my monster-in-law's AT&T unlocked Iphone 6 and her warlock husband's 5C don't get the goodies either. BTW, my wife is very aware of my monikers for her folks. In fact, she calls her own mother "Godzilla" and we have a Godzilla roar as a custom ringtone for her. Happy wife, happy life.
    libra89, mark233, editguy and 1 others like this.
    01-11-2017 03:10 PM
    I can't speak about the Pixel but I do know that if a phone is not "certified" by T-Mobile, it won't get VoLTE. It'll work as far as data and voice, but HD calling and sometimes Visual Voicemail and/or WiFi calling won't work. Being the chronic switcher that I am, believe me, it's infuriating. As for iPhones, my monster-in-law's AT&T unlocked Iphone 6 and her warlock husband's 5C don't get the goodies either. BTW, my wife is very aware of my monikers for her folks. In fact, she calls her own mother "Godzilla" and we have a Godzilla roar as a custom ringtone for her. Happy wife, happy life.
    Lol @ Godzilla ringtone. That sounds funny, but I will take your word for it.

I think for iOS, it depends on the phone and the version of iOS on it. My SE has no issues as I have everything, even though I'm choosing to be safe on version 9.

You're right though, there's a list that is my savior in figuring all of that out for them, and I only try phones on that list alone. My Windows Phone experiments are excluded of course. lol.

Devices compatible with Extended Range LTE - Spectrum Gateway
    Guytronic likes this.
    01-11-2017 03:57 PM
    Before, I was using a LG neon (android) from work and I could never used WiFi calling from T-Mobile until I put the Sim car into my passport. Then T-Mobile congratulated me on my first WiFi calling ever...Lol
    libra89 likes this.
    01-11-2017 04:09 PM
    Before, I was using a LG neon (android) from work and I could never used WiFi calling from T-Mobile until I put the Sim car into my passport. Then T-Mobile congratulated me on my first WiFi calling ever...Lol
    The latest 10.3.3 build for the Passport FINALLY enabled WiFi calling on T-Mobile.
    01-11-2017 05:22 PM
    Now T-Mobile is discounting the idol 4s. I don't understand why this phone isn't being sold unlocked. There are just no w10 phones to buy anymore. This is so frustrating.
    editguy and Montpbm like this.
    01-14-2017 06:36 PM
    Now T-Mobile is discounting the idol 4s. I don't understand why this phone isn't being sold unlocked. There are just no w10 phones to buy anymore. This is so frustrating.
    Sad, they're discounting it but have done nothing to support it and then they will discontinue it and say no one had any interest in it. If Alcatel doesn't sell it unlocked and outside the U.S., it will be a failure. And that's too bad because it's the best Windows phone I've ever owned. It's virtually trouble free.
    Montpbm and mark233 like this.
    01-14-2017 06:44 PM
    Wait what? Where did you hear this? It's only been like 2 months.
    Guytronic and Montpbm like this.
    01-14-2017 08:00 PM
106 123 ...