Alcatel idol 4S at the Microsoft store

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Went and saw one in person today ar the local store. Nice hardware. But no glance, no hey Cortana and an average camera compared to my Lumia 950. Not sure about double rap to wake and sleep either. So I didn't even think of getting one. Just appreciate my 950 more now and bought a nice mozo leather case now for it!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Went and saw one in person today ar the local store. Nice hardware. But no glance, no hey Cortana and an average camera compared to my Lumia 950. Not sure about double rap to wake and sleep either. So I didn't even think of getting one. Just appreciate my 950 more now and bought a nice mozo leather case now for it!!

Does have Hey Cortana, does have DTtW and DTtS. Just sayin'.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the phone and it has hey Cortana and double tap to wake

Sent from Idol 4S

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
It wouldn't make me unhappy if they could add glance, but I can honestly say I haven't missed it (even though I thought I would). This phone has so many other things going for it, I can excuse the misses.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It does not need glance. It just need "glance-like" innovation. I wish I had time to write system level apps like that, I would totally do it. Alcatel could if they wanted expand there, but curious if there is a specific reason why not.

Sent from mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
It does not need glance. It just need "glance-like" innovation. I wish I had time to write system level apps like that, I would totally do it. Alcatel could if they wanted expand there, but curious if there is a specific reason why not.

Sent from mTalk

I'm not knocking the 950 at all, it's a great phone, but mines going up on Ebay today after getting the Idol 4s. So much more polished.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya. I'm trying to sell my s7edge to buy one myself but reluctant not knowing how it will work on AT&T atm. If I get one I plan to sell my 950 to support WB/Cerulean whenever they become ready.

Sent from mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Ya. I'm trying to sell my s7edge to buy one myself but reluctant not knowing how it will work on AT&T atm. If I get one I plan to sell my 950 to support WB/Cerulean whoever they become ready.

Sent from mTalk

I'm on Cricket which uses AT&T towers and it works great.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Cricket which uses AT&T towers and it works great.

That is great! I have a dual sim 950 which I always had issues with calls and failed sms/mms on AT&T. I would get screeching sounds here and there...I hated it so bad that I went I my own to try and figure out a way to flash the AT&T variant rom onto this dual sim unlocked 950, and finally succeeded. So I am very happy with the 950's HD voice, enhanced messaging, etc. as it has spoiled me. So hoping I can easily part from it.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Ya. I'm trying to sell my s7edge to buy one myself but reluctant not knowing how it will work on AT&T atm. If I get one I plan to sell my 950 to support WB/Cerulean whenever they become ready.

Sent from mTalk
To borrow a phrase from Nike: Just do it!

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Sent from mTalk

Alcatel phones are actually not related to Alcatel anymore, it is TCL, which is a chinese hardware company hence we see nice hardware but not additional software innovation

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Alcatel phones are actually not related to Alcatel anymore, it is TCL, which is a chinese hardware company hence we see nice hardware but not additional software innovation

Not exactly. Alcatel Phones was a joint venture between the old Alcatel-Lucent and TCL. When Nokia merged with A/L they (Alcatel) sold their piece of the pie to TCL. Right now there's no more Alcatel-Lucent, they're history.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I would have been all over this phone if it only had NFC. I need my NFC!!!
Yeah,*it's a shame it doesn't have it for those that want it. Maybe IF there's a second version. Fortunately I have no need or use for NFC (I've never used it) and, unless they develop some compelling use for it*that doesn't currently exist, it's not likely I ever will.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb