05-01-2018 09:18 PM
207 ... 789
tools
    On crickett, Traveled from Sioux falls sd to spearfish sd. LTE all the time. Even in hotel. Went from spearfish west to 85 south in Wyoming down to Denver. No service much of the way. Cricket map says LTE all the way. In downtown Denver full signal but at 4g. Again map says LTE. I may put sim in a Lumia 650 to see if I get LTE tomorrow if I get a chance.
    04-29-2018 11:01 PM
    No LTE anywhere in Denver just 4g. Also no data! My Lumia 650 has always worked fine with LTE all over Denver area. Will change sim tonight when I find a paper clip to get sim out.
    04-30-2018 10:11 PM
    Put sim in my Lumia 650, instant LTE and data works again. Idol must be missing something? Maybe has more band than listed on box but maybe not activated?

Still don't understand why I had no data with the 4g service?
    04-30-2018 11:16 PM
    Put sim in my Lumia 650, instant LTE and data works again. Idol must be missing something? Maybe has more band than listed on box but maybe not activated?

Still don't understand why I had no data with the 4g service?
    Are you running the T-moble variant or open market Idol 4s? I could not remember...

Maybe try turning on roaming. If roaming was was already on it could be the roaming tables configured on the Idol differ from the Lumia..
    04-30-2018 11:22 PM
    One more observation. This morning when I turned on my Lumia 650 it showed 4g. Cricket sent text at 4am saying the phone change had been complete. Data works though. Why did Cricket take me off of LTE after the system update?

My idol is the open market version and Cricket doesn't have roaming like native Att.

I am going about an hour s. Of Denver today and will note behavior. I will also try switching sim back to idol tonight for further observations.
    Dan
    05-01-2018 10:41 AM
    My idol is the open market version and Cricket doesn't have roaming like native Att.
    What do mean doesn't have roaming like native AT&T...?

I don't see where that would matter. As far as I recall they should allow US/N.A. roaming at no extra charge just like all the other carriers...or are they still stuck back 5 years in the past? Maybe I'm just misinformed...

As far as dropping to 4g on the 650...is it a cricket branded one or the dual sim unlocked model? Those two carry different LTE bands, not that this is the reason I suppose but it could be. I remember debranding my cricket 650 and then enabling all the bands needed for t-mobile ๐Ÿ˜€. I was able to get volte and hd voice around town too ๐Ÿ˜.

I love the x50 Lumia series...so many things they are capable of... fun stuff!
    05-01-2018 05:12 PM
    650 is cricket branded. Cricket don't have roaming. If no Att service phone goes to no service! In castle rock Colorado. My Lumia 650 stayed on 4g all day, even going to Denver and back. Sitting in apple bees in castle rock and put sim back in idol. Booted up to 4g and then switched to LTE.. Just got text from cricket and still on LTE. Confused as to what is going on.
    05-01-2018 09:18 PM
207 ... 789