Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

fpetro22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T

Yep. Using unlocked Idol 4S. Seems to only happen to me when i call an iPhone.

fpetro22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else ever experience a high pitched screetch when answering a call or if your call is answered? For me, its not new...I've had this issue only on unlocked phones (non-AT&T) with W10M while using them on AT&T. Wondering if there's a way around that. Or if anyone knows what causes it. At one point I thought it was still related to the bug seen over year ago, which I thought was related to Cortana...

When using a AT&T Lumia 950 or 830, it never occurs. I could only relate it back to the Modem and enhanced LTE services enabled on those and not the unlocked models.

It does not happen that often but when it does it catches me off guard. I know it's not this device, because it's happened on my unlocked 950 and 950xl when I had them. The Elite X3 did it too.

Yep. Using unlocked Idol 4S. Seems to only happen to me when i call an iPhone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Ya I notice it when calling my wife who too has had an iPhone the past couple years.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Lol! ^ Mine also has an IPhone 6+ in the last year and at the same time I've had the 950xl ( my 1st unlocked and now the X3) and haven't noticed any of this, will verify and I'll let you know, we both are on AT&T also by the way. What do you meant by adding the phone to the master tables ?

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Lol! ^ Mine also has an IPhone 6+ in the last year and at the same time I've had the 950xl ( my 1st unlocked and now the X3) and haven't noticed any of this, will verify and I'll let you know, we both are on AT&T also by the way. What do you meant by adding the phone to the master tables ?
The Idol 4s from AT&T's end was not recognized as any device they have stored or mapped in their network of possible devices compatible with their LTE network. This is by the imei number set that identifies Alcatel's Idol 4s phones to model 6071w. There was just no record of it. I don't know exactly how it works not being in that field, but there is a block or set of imei numbers for all the 6071w phones. With the imei I gave them it allowed at&t to gather or generate the list or subset of numbers to identify my phone and other idol 4s phone model 6071w. Once done and populated whatever database or master record with those numbers allowed activating my imei with at&t so it shows up as a valid device and not just unknown. Otherwise according to the support guy entering my imei then caused it to default to a non-data device or no LTE.

Maybe too much info, Is that what you were asking?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

For anyone who is curious, I figured out a way to enable AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice on my Unlocked IDOL 4s. I confirmed LTE holds while on a Voice call (not defaulting to 4G), I also confirmed ims registration to one.att.net is valid. I am still trying to test full functionality, and need a couple more days at least since I just enabled it today.

brookaveli

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

For anyone who is curious, I figured out a way to enable AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice on my Unlocked IDOL 4s. I confirmed LTE holds while on a Voice call (not defaulting to 4G), I also confirmed ims registration to one.att.net is valid. I am still trying to test full functionality, and need a couple more days at least since I just enabled it today.

I picked up the Idol 4s last week and started using it on AT&T Wednesday. I'm in south-central Pennsylvania between Lancaster and Harrisburg. I'm happy with the phone so far (clear upgrade from the Lumia 520, 635, and 640 I've used) but I'm not getting great speed on LTE (see attached). Any tips you have would be appreciated. Also, what is the best camera app for this phone?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170430_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20170430_0001.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 5

brookaveli

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

Were you ever able to get visual voicemail working?

Update: My VVM provisioned itself a few hours ago.

Last edited:

fpetro22

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I would be very interested in your results and if you could post how you enabled the AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice. People I call tell me they have a hard time hearing me and i sound "muffled"

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

I picked up the Idol 4s last week and started using it on AT&T Wednesday. I'm in south-central Pennsylvania between Lancaster and Harrisburg. I'm happy with the phone so far (clear upgrade from the Lumia 520, 635, and 640 I've used) but I'm not getting great speed on LTE (see attached). Any tips you have would be appreciated. Also, what is the best camera app for this phone?

damn that could be a great speed LTE in Costa Rica lol i only get 3 MB at top :cry:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I will check on the LTE speed thing, I never really cared much about how slow webpages load and such so probably never noticed. I never had a video lag though...If you get band 12 in your area and are on LTE, try toggling roaming on to see if there is a difference in speed. Just curious.

Supposedly the best camera app could be ProShot (UWP app). But check out this thread for more on that.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I would be very interested in your results and if you could post how you enabled the AT&T VoLTE/HD Voice. People I call tell me they have a hard time hearing me and i sound "muffled"

It is more or less an interop hack, but you would need the IMEI of Lumia that gets Enhanced LTE services on AT&T for them to finish the provisioning.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

I'm also getting the high pitched squeal when an iPhone user first answers

What APN is set? I used to think it only occured when nxtgenphone was used. Then recently started getting it on the APN phone too.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Also the HD voice part is paired with other HD Voice compatible phones on AT&T. Only recently AT&T and Verizon announced inter-operability with Enhanced LTE services I think. For now I can conclude it works with other AT&T enabled devices and sounds just like any other HD voice compatible phone I have used on AT&T. Every time I call our iphone 7 it comes in loud and clear, and she says I sound the same.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

So I am in basically Phoenix AZ. I get double the speeds you get right now. There are a couple of caveats here. I am on the T-Mobile ROM and Firmware. Not by choice...long story on that one...

I had no roaming enabled when I tested. Then I tested with roaming and got slower download speeds. So it could just be the fw for the T-Mobile settings. Signal strength is almost always 4 to 5 bars on this phone everywhere locally out here though. Also my apn is defaulted to nxtgenphone since VoLTE services is provisioned on it. Any changes from your end?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I've gotten up to 90Mbps down with an AT&T data SIM on my iPad. Location is east of Harrisburg over towards Philadelphia.

brookaveli

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site

What APN is set? I used to think it only occured when nxtgenphone was used. Then recently started getting it on the APN phone too.

My APN is phone. Sorry I fell off the map on this thread.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170522_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20170522_0001.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20170522_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20170522_0002.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member