Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

hquu

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Re: Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

@hquu
Only do what you need to test. That decimal you listed could attempt to enable non-capable bands due to whatever hw limitations or lack of antenna configurations and could lead to problems.

Thanks for your advice.
I am still waiting for my idol4s, it cost 3weeks already.

Last edited:

livin_raj

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Partha,

Oh that's cool, you would receive the phone before me.
Let me know if JIO VOLTE worked on your phone.

Did the phone get any update after inserting a sim card from India, which enabled other bands for India?

I am not sure this will happen, but i saw my friends Android phone got updated to VOLTE after he inserted JIO sim card.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

Try #3 did I ever say how Sh***y this Windows central app. is!!

I tried quoting twice only to not have it post my reply...

After a week my data quit working on CEll, no MMS. I can send but not receive.

Visual voicemail doesn't work. Spent two hours over two calls to Cricket today, finally gave up and put sim back in my Lumia 650. Don't know if I have to hard reset?

Thanks Dan

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Hard reset would probably help. Was you sim in the phone before your turned it on the very first time? Windows does a lot of MV (multivariant) setup for the sim during a first start up and if the sim is not in it that first time it can provision partially.

PS: it is sad how bad the WC app is. I never use it or install it anymore even on my PC. On mobile I long ago installed mTalk and works great still. Just cannot find it to download it anymore.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

Thanks, yes I called Cricket and gave them the IMEI # and put sim in before ever turning on phone. The lady instructed me when to power on. The second day I needed some features and apps that I hadn't had time to set up yet. So I put the sim back in my Lumia. I am thinking that is what messed things up. Seems like since I put the sim back in the Idol it hasn't been right. The Windows central app. is useless on my PC, actually works fair on the Idol, evidently you still can't quote posts. Just type new response. Also alot of links don't work in posts, I get a message that I need to go to the store for an app.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site

Ok, I am still testing but mms is working at to and from cricket subscribers. Need to check data yet.
Need to power on phone and let cricket activate sim. I waited 15 min. Went to sim settings and deleted the apn under mms. I also deleted ndo apn from lte. Now my only apn is the active default under lte. Mms shows nothing for apn.
Still can't get visual voicemail to work though.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

You might want to read up on this thread for help with that here. Put the phone into flashing mode.

Run from cmd
ffutool.exe -setbootmode 1 factory

To boot normally Run
ffutool.exe -setbootmode 0

hquu

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site

You might want to read up on this thread for help with that here. Put the phone into flashing mode.

Run from cmd
ffutool.exe -setbootmode 1 factory

To boot normally Run
ffutool.exe -setbootmode 0
Hi Nate,
Have you successfully enabled field test app on idol 4S ?
I have tried the interop tool to edit the registry, but it launches the same app as ##2886 #.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diane Cunhm