Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

hquu

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Re: Using the Idol 4s with W10M on AT&T?

@hquu
Negative. That app is specific to Lumias only.

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Another problem is, I enabled Full FS access in interop tools (even it say will cause problem with type c)
Problem does been caused... I lost MTP when connect it to my PC.

Have you managed to get full file access and be able to browser files in phone with PC?

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

after this i can not get data from 4g sim which use band 5 i am getting signals but not connecting any idea why?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your prompt reply.
Another problem is, I enabled Full FS access in interop tools (even it say will cause problem with type c)
Problem does been caused... I lost MTP when connect it to my PC.

Have you managed to get full file access and be able to browser files in phone with PC?

Reboot the phone with full file system access MTP enabled, and it connected to the PC before the OS loads. Should work after that.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

@Partha Goswami1
I have no idea what happened to your data connection. What did you change exactly? Editing LTE bands are at your own risk. So you are kinda on your own there.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

In QXDM you need to setup the connection to the phone. What you are showing me is not an error. They are uneditable if QXDM has not connected to the phone to read them yet. Did you read the necessary threads on XDA to understand how to edit those values?

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

yes, those part was ok, I called my provider ( JIO ) they said their connection IMEI based yesterday it worked for few mins i thought it would work, but not anymore and I tried to enable Band 3 but no luck I think it has attena issue.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Could be that...many things come into play with cellular. Sometimes I try to enable something and the phone goes into permanent airplane mode :)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

yes, those part was ok, I called my provider ( JIO ) they said their connection IMEI based yesterday it worked for few mins i thought it would work, but not anymore and I tried to enable Band 3 but no luck I think it has attena issue.

Could try a hard reset next time after that. Let the OS reprovision the MV/Cellular settings. But if it is IMEI based it could be carrier restricted anyway....

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

It could be that too. I have no way to test that while using T-Mobile. If you enable the bands and then update the FW with that FFU it could work then...if you have time and patience try it.

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

i will try that now and let you know, i have two question

1. Currently my LTE BC config has 67674 value if i add Band 3 only with keeping existing those band what would be the value then?

2. How I flash Idol europe ROM using FFU ?

Thanks Nate

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

i will try that now and let you know, i have two question

1. Currently my LTE BC config has 67674 value if i add Band 3 only with keeping existing those band what would be the value then?

2. How I flash Idol europe ROM using FFU ?

Thanks Nate

1: It should be 67678

2: See this thread and make sure to use the IDOL 4 Pro rom from WDRT (windows device recovery tool)

Just be mindful not to expect it to work. Who knows what configuration if any could work for this....

Partha Goswami1

Jan 20, 2018
Visit site

It could be that too. I have no way to test that while using T-Mobile. If you enable the bands and then update the FW with that FFU it could work then...if you have time and patience try it.

Here is the situation

1. If U disable Band 5 using QXDM then it stop working without reset /firmware update so We are sure its hard coded and seems that It donot have Antenna to support Band 3

2. I able to back LTE data from that provider which was not working yesterday,

3. do you know how to enable VOLTE ? and use MTP to access full file system?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 138696

those two value, 0829 was deacive and end of the day i restore qcn and changed back to default value.

Going back to your older posts...If 06829 is disabled (which it was on mine do not enable it). You would only change the one that is active. I made the choice to activate (enter values there and the phone started to behave erratically).

Here is the situation
1. If U disable Band 5 using QXDM then it stop working without reset /firmware update so We are sure its hard coded and seems that It donot have Antenna to support Band 3
2. I able to back LTE data from that provider which was not working yesterday,
3. do you know how to enable VOLTE ? and use MTP to access full file system?

VoLTE would depend on provisioning during boot time, and possibly the carrier if they depend on the IMEI or not. MTP is enabled through Interop Unlocking after installing Interop Tools from gus33000.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss