Looks like it will be available in Europe soon

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I would be very interested in acquiring this phone in Germany, as I really want a W10 phone with a fingerprint reader, and the HP X3 is insanely expensive.

How is the camera doing? Still very slow to focus?

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I would be very interested in acquiring this phone in Germany, as I really want a W10 phone with a fingerprint reader, and the HP X3 is insanely expensive.

How is the camera doing? Still very slow to focus?

The camera is OK. Mine doesn't take too long to focus. It's average I would say.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
The camera is OK. Mine doesn't take too long to focus. It's average I would say.

I agree. I have been pretty pleased with the camera in all. I know reviews have downgraded this phone a little for the camera, but it is fine for most everyday use I think.

PFSP

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
Glad to see this is official but 599 Euro price is disappointing.

Far be it from me to tell Alcatel how to run their business, but that is awfully expensive in my opinion. I don't like the high price to start and then massive reductions when the phone doesn't sell later on cycle. Why not find a reasonable price point that will attract customers. Instead you either pay a large sum early and feel cheated when it goes on clearance or wait and then may never buy it because new phones are coming out with better specs and you don't want to buy an old phone. Maybe I am overreacting here, but it would be nice to have Windows Phones (especially great ones like this one) marketed in a way that generated a lot of sales and increased market share....

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes I know. Is it pro consumer, or isn't it?

I think it's perceived to be pro-consumer, but I don't think it really is if it adds cost. Frankly, any failures I've had with consumer electronics has happened during the first year. I know it can happen later, but I think first year is most common.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it's perceived to be pro-consumer, but I don't think it really is if it adds cost. Frankly, any failures I've had with consumer electronics has happened during the first year. I know it can happen later, but I think first year is most common.

Normally, the cost of warranty goes up the older the device gets. I've seen it when purchasing extended warranty for HP servers. I think devices generally quit working almost right away if defective. I've had them quit too in the first year, but it is generally almost right away, at least within the first few days.

I'm not convinced either that the EU's 2 year warranty policy is ultimately pro consumer. The consumer is paying for it, whether or not it is actually used.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I think devices generally quit working almost right away if defective. I've had them quit too in the first year, but it is generally almost right away, at least within the first few days.

I agree, that's been my experience also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster