Will We Get Any Firmware Updates?

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I told everyone it wouldnt, and look what happened....still no FW update. I keep coming back in the hopes that the Idol will get updated but I keep getting disappointed. Oh well.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I told everyone it wouldnt, and look what happened....still no FW update. I keep coming back in the hopes that the Idol will get updated but I keep getting disappointed. Oh well.
We have not even got the open market ffu yet. Disappointing so far from that angle alone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If Greg and WhartonBrooks can add one other feature and tune the camera on their phone (Drivers/FW push) on their Cerulean Moment phone, imo it could take a crown from the IDOL. The Alcatel IDOL 4s being a consumer facing phone is the only one out in N. America. They could easily overtake the IDOL who has Glove/DTtW only as everything else is stock besides the VR, but who really uses that fully. The Cerulean phone would be consumer phone number 2 for Windows in N. America (in the last 12 months).

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
If Greg and WhartonBrooks can add one other feature and tune the camera on their phone (Drivers/FW push) on their Cerulean Moment phone, imo it could take a crown from the IDOL. The Alcatel IDOL 4s being a consumer facing phone is the only one out in N. America. They could easily overtake the IDOL who has Glove/DTtW only as everything else is stock besides the VR, but who really uses that fully. The Cerulean phone would be consumer phone number 2 for Windows in N. America (in the last 12 months).

That's a good point. I don't use the VR at all. The camera is fair but not great. If no firmware updates are coming WB could tweak their Moment to have some improved performance over the I4S.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yes its a complete balls up by ms and alcatel to not even have the FFU available yet for the open market model after so long, I'm sure by now this phone has been forgotten kinda like windows 10 mobile in general.

UPDATE: just plugged my phone in and FFU is now available for the open market device.

viper1970

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
The open Market firmware wont work on the T-Mobile version, keeps throwing up an error before it installs so those of you hoping to see unbranded firmware you'll be disappointed.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
The open Market firmware wont work on the T-Mobile version, keeps throwing up an error before it installs so those of you hoping to see unbranded firmware you'll be disappointed.

Not too concerned because I'm not convinced there will be any firmware updates for either.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yes it also seems that my open market device that I flashed the tmobile FFU too a few months ago wont allow me to flash back the open market FFU now either.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Ya I am looking at the ffu now too.

I have been stuck on the Feature2 build for some time, which is pretty stable. This is good news for me though to help aid in issues I put myself in with my mobile phones...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

It depends on what the error is. We will have to see if someone finds a way to flash over top of a T-Mobile model.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
is there any way to flash an international rom to support more bands?

I'm from a developing country and we're just about to get LTE but I fear the idol 4s pro won't be able to access the LTE :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo