04-25-2017 09:47 PM
41 12
tools
    I've had it since launched and haven't seen any firmware updates coming through at all. Any word on any firmware updates? Hp put out a bunch for the elite x3 but so far nothing for the idol 4s
    02-09-2017 02:12 PM
    Are there firmware level bugs? E.g. camera issues or calls dropping?

The OS can fix many things, firmware updates are for low level hardware related issues.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-09-2017 02:28 PM
    Are there firmware level bugs? E.g. camera issues or calls dropping?

The OS can fix many things, firmware updates are for low level hardware related issues.
    I think the camera could benefit from firmware, assuming Alcatel has people that are capable of improving it. Other than that there aren't any issues that I'm aware of with the phone. It's the most trouble free phone I've ever owned. I don't expect any firmware updates.
    libra89, RumoredNow, nate0 and 2 others like this.
    02-09-2017 03:34 PM
    Any word on any firmware updates?
    I think the camera could benefit from firmware, assuming Alcatel has people that are capable of improving it. Other than that there aren't any issues that I'm aware of with the phone. It's the most trouble free phone I've ever owned. I don't expect any firmware updates.
    I wouldn't count on it... From what I can tell, Alcatel doesn't tweak camera, they just let the Qualcomm SoC handle it by default. This based on my use and Reg browsing of Idol 4S Windows and my use of an Android Idol 3... There were APIs in Android for more advanced camera function that they never hooked into for the Idol 3.
    nate0 and libra89 like this.
    02-09-2017 04:48 PM
    Thanks for opening a thread on this. I called Alcatel today, and had to battle the support rep who could not differentiate between warranty support and FW support for this device. He finally sent in a ticket and said I should get something back in 72hrs. I wanted to know how long Alcatel would or could if needed support the FW updates for this device. He kept telling 12 months after my purchase date...

I then also sent in an email inquiry with the same question to make sure the point I wanted answered went to them clearly.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-09-2017 05:17 PM
    I've had it since launched and haven't seen any firmware updates coming through at all. Any word on any firmware updates? Hp put out a bunch for the elite x3 but so far nothing for the idol 4s
    Which could almost be a good thing...Meaning there are no real serious issues with the phone right out of the box.

I think it was over 3 months after release before the x3 got its first fw update, but I could be mistaken.
    editguy, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-09-2017 05:19 PM
    Thanks for opening a thread on this. I called Alcatel today, and had to battle the support rep who could not differentiate between warranty support and FW support for this device. He finally sent in a ticket and said I should get something back in 72hrs. I wanted to know how long Alcatel would or could if needed support the FW updates for this device. He kept telling 12 months after my purchase date...

I then also sent in an email inquiry with the same question to make sure the point I wanted answered went to them clearly.
    I hope you do hear back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I had a problem with the freebies they initially offered and they promised to get back to me within a specified period of time. I've never gotten a response even after following up. I'm afraid it's typical of customer service these days.
    nate0 likes this.
    02-09-2017 05:37 PM
    I hope you do hear back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I had a problem with the freebies they initially offered and they promised to get back to me within a specified period of time. I've never gotten a response even after following up. I'm afraid it's typical of customer service these days.
    I remember seeing your post about that.
    02-09-2017 05:44 PM
    If thats the case, then they theoretically "could" improve the camera, but like you im not holding my breath. The Idol 4s has so much potential. If Alcatel could tweak the software to use the gyro's as a way to stabilize the camera just like the pixel phones, then this camera would be fantastic. I mean, anything to get it to perform better would be a bonus . But from the looks of it, Alcatel has washed their hands of the Idol 4s which is a shame.
    02-11-2017 12:50 PM
    If thats the case, then they theoretically "could" improve the camera, but like you im not holding my breath. The Idol 4s has so much potential. If Alcatel could tweak the software to use the gyro's as a way to stabilize the camera just like the pixel phones, then this camera would be fantastic. I mean, anything to get it to perform better would be a bonus . But from the looks of it, Alcatel has washed their hands of the Idol 4s which is a shame.
    What makes you think Alcatel has walked away from the Idol 4s?
    editguy and libra89 like this.
    02-11-2017 04:10 PM
    What makes you think Alcatel has walked away from the Idol 4s?
    That's what I'm wondering. I don't see any proof of this.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    libra89 and editguy like this.
    02-11-2017 04:47 PM
    That's what I'm wondering. I don't see any proof of this.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    It's all speculation people talk like they know when they don't nobody look he works for Alcatel to comment on their behalf.

Phones go on sale all the time this is the first or maybe second time that I've seen it on sale

Sent from Idol 4s
    02-11-2017 06:18 PM
    I'm I willing to bet that being a flagship-like phone we see at least one good fw update for it. Did the fierce xl get any?
    02-11-2017 08:01 PM
    Just a side note. And this is typical...I noticed mine the unlocked one from Microsoft has a newer fw version then the T-Mobile model one located on the WDRT.

My verison is 1052.16.09031.50700
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-16-2017 06:45 PM
    I'm I willing to bet that being a flagship-like phone we see at least one good fw update for it. Did the fierce xl get any?
    I think it's possible for the unlocked phone, but I'll be really (pleasantly) surprised if the T-Mobile version gets anything. If I had known for sure that there would be an unlocked version, I would have waited. I always prefer unlocked over carrier.
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    02-16-2017 06:58 PM
    Is it likely someone will figure out a way to flash the T-Mobile version to make it an unbranded model, similar to what you can do with some carrier L640s?
    nate0, RumoredNow and editguy like this.
    02-17-2017 07:00 AM
    Is it likely someone will figure out a way to flash the T-Mobile version to make it an unbranded model, similar to what you can do with some carrier L640s?
    More than likely, even this can be done on the 950s
    RumoredNow and editguy like this.
    02-17-2017 10:25 AM
    First we need an Image for "Open Market" on WDRT...
    editguy, libra89 and HoosierDaddy like this.
    02-17-2017 11:56 AM
    First we need an Image for "Open Market" on WDRT...
    I think it will be broken down by region. So if you have one like mine it will be a NA (N. America) ROM. The open market is a place holder I think, but I could be wrong. The T-Mobile file is just one whole FFU like the X3 is. So maybe they will have multiple options (IDOL 4s pictures) if more than one region opens up over time. If that is the case the WDRT tool may get updated before we see the ROM for a non-T-mobile unit show up.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-17-2017 05:53 PM
    I think it will be broken down by region. So if you have one like mine it will be a NA (N. America) ROM. The open market is a place holder I think, but I could be wrong. The T-Mobile file is just one whole FFU like the X3 is. So maybe they will have multiple options (IDOL 4s pictures) if more than one region opens up over time. If that is the case the WDRT tool may get updated before we see the ROM for a non-T-mobile unit show up.
    And doesn't it also take some hacking to get a branded phone to accept another ROM?
    02-17-2017 06:05 PM
    And doesn't it also take some hacking to get a branded phone to accept another ROM?
    I have seen that vary. It usually does.
    RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    02-17-2017 06:22 PM
    I hope we get fw updates, but I have a feeling we won't.
    03-29-2017 12:46 PM
    I hope we get fw updates, but I have a feeling we won't.
    It'd be a shame, and somewhat of a waste.
    04-02-2017 05:05 PM
    I told everyone it wouldnt, and look what happened....still no FW update. I keep coming back in the hopes that the Idol will get updated but I keep getting disappointed. Oh well.
    04-08-2017 10:31 AM
    I told everyone it wouldnt, and look what happened....still no FW update. I keep coming back in the hopes that the Idol will get updated but I keep getting disappointed. Oh well.
    We have not even got the open market ffu yet. Disappointing so far from that angle alone.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-08-2017 04:34 PM
41 12