The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-28-2017 02:19 PM
105 1234 ...
tools
    Great price. Great phone. The more that get out there in the hands of people I see as a positive thing, whether they be MS fans or not.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    Reduced due to low interest, as we discussed in another thread, knee jerk reaction to large stock and small sales, -- sell off at cheaper price to limit collateral damage.
    02-12-2017 04:07 AM
    Nice price ! Thanks for the tip !
    02-12-2017 06:35 AM
    Reduced due to low interest, as we discussed in another thread, knee jerk reaction to large stock and small sales, -- sell off at cheaper price to limit collateral damage.
    We don't know that for sure, but most likely. That doesn't change the fact that if they sell now, more people will have them and may like what they see.

Rosebank and libra89 like this.
    02-12-2017 06:41 AM
    I don't know about that. I image the Type-C port, Type-C cable, and likely the adaptive charge head as well all cost them a bit more than the conventional counterparts...
    Oh; I didn't know the Android didn't have Type-C.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-12-2017 08:29 AM
    Oh; I didn't know the Android didn't have Type-C.
    Yep. No type c, less ram, smaller ROM, less of a camera, and lower end CPU are built into the Android variant.
    editguy, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-12-2017 01:53 PM
    Just got this phone yesterday for Tmobile on this deal.

For one, this thing is great. I've been using an S7 edge and it just feels nice being back on a Windows device.

As far as in store purchasing, none of the employees even knew there was a deal for it. They dug it out from the back, and it was the first time they ever unboxed one.

They actually all really liked it, and it caught the eyes of some other customers.

I just wish this OS was up to snuff and had the apps. The potential is there.
    mark233, nate0, Guytronic and 4 others like this.
    02-12-2017 05:58 PM
    Just got this phone yesterday for Tmobile on this deal.

For one, this thing is great. I've been using an S7 edge and it just feels nice being back on a Windows device.

As far as in store purchasing, none of the employees even knew there was a deal for it. They dug it out from the back, and it was the first time they ever unboxed one.

They actually all really liked it, and it caught the eyes of some other customers.

I just wish this OS was up to snuff and had the apps. The potential is there.
    Congrats and welcome back.

libra89, editguy, mark233 and 2 others like this.
    02-12-2017 06:52 PM
    They dug it out from the back, and it was the first time they ever unboxed one.
    This isn't very encouraging

wp.jpg
    RumoredNow, nate0, libra89 and 5 others like this.
    02-12-2017 09:06 PM
    Wasn't HP due to release a consumer oriented phone relatively soon? This might get dumped for it. I remember rumors going around saying that it would be a Tmobile phone.
    02-12-2017 10:50 PM
    Wasn't HP due to release a consumer oriented phone relatively soon? This might get dumped for it. I remember rumors going around saying that it would be a Tmobile phone.
    Far as I know just a rumor that probably started right here.
    libra89 and editguy like this.
    02-13-2017 01:22 AM
    Can you post a link to that thread? I'd like to see the sales numbers.
    02-13-2017 06:16 AM
    This isn't very encouraging

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	133836
    For a second I thought you said it was encouraging. With the meme... I thought it was just a sarcastic jab lol
    02-13-2017 07:47 AM
    For a second I thought you said it was encouraging. With the meme... I thought it was just a sarcastic jab lol
    Having the ability to find amusement in the situation comes with being a responsible Windows Phone enthusiast
    02-13-2017 10:11 AM
    Same experience at my local T-Mobile store, they were very helpful though and agreed the the phone is very nice and a great value. ;-)
    mark233 likes this.
    02-13-2017 11:45 AM
    It was in the safe, so valuable they put it there for safe keeping. ;-) HaHa.
    02-13-2017 11:48 AM
    It was in the safe, so valuable they put it there for safe keeping. ;-) HaHa.
    Well they have to be careful, If everyone found out they'd all want one
    02-13-2017 11:50 AM
    such a steep discount implies it's not selling well and thus there probably won't be a followup model.
    I'll take a wait and see approach as to future of a follow up. I am not sure what percentage T-Mobile will account for in total sales of this device, but it could be small. I doubt many people switched to T-Mobile for this phone, I know I waited for it to become carrier unlocked. Now it will be going to Europe as well.
    02-13-2017 12:38 PM
    At this price I could not resist, picked up my Idol 4S yesterday. To sweeten the deal I called the 800 customer service T-Mobile line before I headed to the store and asked what sort of discount I could get for being a loyal customer. They ended up giving me a $100 statement credit if I went with store financing. With taxes I'll probably end up paying about $200 for a solid phone. Now I just need to find a phone case because the phone is slick to the touch!
    Last edited by redssand1; 02-13-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    02-13-2017 05:49 PM
    At this price I could not resist, picked up my Idol 4S yesterday. To sweeten the deal I called the 800 customer service T-Mobile line before I headed to the store and asked what sort of discount I could get for being a loyal customer. They ended up giving me a $100 statement credit if I went with store financing. With taxes I'll probably end up paying about $200 for a solid phone. Now I just need to find a phone case because they phone is slick to the touch!
    Good for you!
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    02-13-2017 08:46 PM
    At this price I could not resist, picked up my Idol 4S yesterday. To sweeten the deal I called the 800 customer service T-Mobile line before I headed to the store and asked what sort of discount I could get for being a loyal customer. They ended up giving me a $100 statement credit if I went with store financing. With taxes I'll probably end up paying about $200 for a solid phone. Now I just need to find a phone case because they phone is slick to the touch!
    That's an awesome deal!

RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    02-13-2017 08:48 PM
    At this price I could not resist, picked up my Idol 4S yesterday. To sweeten the deal I called the 800 customer service T-Mobile line before I headed to the store and asked what sort of discount I could get for being a loyal customer. They ended up giving me a $100 statement credit if I went with store financing. With taxes I'll probably end up paying about $200 for a solid phone. Now I just need to find a phone case because the phone is slick to the touch!
    Best I could get was a $75 credit but they are over-nighting it for free. I spent almost an hour on the phone to get that. Not sure how you got $100 when 14 years and 6 lines only got me $75, but hats off. Then I talked them into letting me pay it all up front rather than add $12 payments to the bill and extending the unlock availability, so I guess that and avoiding a trip to the store makes up for the $25 I "lost" on the credit. ;)

I'm hoping my wife will like it. She's been using an L640 but decided not to switch to my L1520 that was freed up when I got the L950XL. Now we can both use the same USB-C chargers. I hope she doesn't miss Glance.

One weird thing was that they have no method to give a written (email/text/snail mail) confirmation that a credit will be applied to a future bill. All they could do was send a text saying they were happy to handle what I called about to my satisfaction. I found it humorous when they said they have it in writing in their system so I didn't need anything. I pointed out that they could hire a former Wells Fargo employee who might just tell a customer they were getting a credit in order to make a sale. LoL

But I think its possible they aren't putting it in writing to me because they may be working the system and documented some other justification for the credit internally. I've generally found T-Mobile support people to be great.
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 02-14-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    02-14-2017 12:59 PM
    It arrived today. Took me a while to figure out where the charger was. They hide it and the cable inside the goggles. LoL
    02-15-2017 07:58 PM
    It arrived today. Took me a while to figure out where the charger was. They hide it and the cable inside the goggles. LoL
    Good. I ordered mine from Microsoft, and it shipped out that same day. if it were not for the weekend I would have had it 2 days later since it shipped from California.
    HoosierDaddy, editguy and libra89 like this.
    02-15-2017 08:05 PM
    Good. I ordered mine from Microsoft, and it shipped out that same day. if it were not for the weekend I would have had it 2 days later since it shipped from California.
    I got mine from T-Mobile and it came from Kentucky. I would expect T-Mobile to have some a little closer to Arizona than that.
    editguy and RumoredNow like this.
    02-15-2017 09:10 PM
    WooHoo! Picked up mine yesterday at their store. Haven't figured out the VR interface yet but it wasn't that big of a draw for me anyway. The phone is nice and crisp. I made the mistake of entering the Fast ring to 15031.0 (no Bluetooth in that build), and had to wipe the device back to 14393.693.

I ordered the Qmadix Liquid Glass as was reviewed by RumoredNow:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...get-naked.html
    Last edited by DLong4; 02-15-2017 at 11:54 PM.
    02-15-2017 11:43 PM
105 1234 ...