Idol 4S $288 at T-Mobile US

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I think that's a fair question. We're not going to lie, T-Mo just makes Windows Phones disappear without price changes from what I can recall with the 640 and Fierce XL.
I see the fierce still in stores and they only made the Lumia phones disappear. Both Alcatel phones are still In stores I seeing

Sent from Idol 4s

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, there are differences including the Android having a much higher resolution screen. Continuum itself doesn't add a penny to the cost of manufacturing a phone with this processor. WM is less desirable to the vast majority of phone shoppers. There is no substantial pool of customers who will pay more for the WM version with limited apps over an Android. The price was only ever $4xx because some people like us would pay a higher markup to avoid carrying any Android or iPhone. Once they've snagged a good percent of the Windows fan(atic)s, they have to lower the price to make it price attractive to people who DON'T have a predisposition towards WM.

You're probably right. I just hope they sell some at this price, especially to people looking for an alternative to Android and iPhone. It would be nice to get some more people into the fold.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes, there are differences including the Android having a much higher resolution screen. Continuum itself doesn't add a penny to the cost of manufacturing a phone with this processor. WM is less desirable to the vast majority of phone shoppers. There is no substantial pool of customers who will pay more for the WM version with limited apps over an Android. The price was only ever $4xx because some people like us would pay a higher markup to avoid carrying any Android or iPhone. Once they've snagged a good percent of the Windows fan(atic)s, they have to lower the price to make it price attractive to people who DON'T have a predisposition towards WM.

I don't disagree that non Windows phone enthusiasts will see no added value (though I would never have paid as much for the Android version as I did for the Windows version given it's inferior specs, with the exception of the screen resolution). But that doesn't change the fact that the phone generally has more expensive components than the Android version, thus costing more than the Android version to manufacture. There's little point to selling anything at a loss, unless the manufacturer has solid reasons to believe that it will produce substantial market share and pay dividends in the future. I find it hard to believe, with the current state of Windows mobile, that Alcatel proceeded with this venture expecting those results.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Great price. Great phone. The more that get out there in the hands of people I see as a positive thing, whether they be MS fans or not.

Reduced due to low interest, as we discussed in another thread, knee jerk reaction to large stock and small sales, -- sell off at cheaper price to limit collateral damage.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Reduced due to low interest, as we discussed in another thread, knee jerk reaction to large stock and small sales, -- sell off at cheaper price to limit collateral damage.

We don't know that for sure, but most likely. That doesn't change the fact that if they sell now, more people will have them and may like what they see.

TristanAZ

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Just got this phone yesterday for Tmobile on this deal.

For one, this thing is great. I've been using an S7 edge and it just feels nice being back on a Windows device.

As far as in store purchasing, none of the employees even knew there was a deal for it. They dug it out from the back, and it was the first time they ever unboxed one.

They actually all really liked it, and it caught the eyes of some other customers.

I just wish this OS was up to snuff and had the apps. The potential is there.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Just got this phone yesterday for Tmobile on this deal.

For one, this thing is great. I've been using an S7 edge and it just feels nice being back on a Windows device.

As far as in store purchasing, none of the employees even knew there was a deal for it. They dug it out from the back, and it was the first time they ever unboxed one.

They actually all really liked it, and it caught the eyes of some other customers.

I just wish this OS was up to snuff and had the apps. The potential is there.

Congrats and welcome back.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't HP due to release a consumer oriented phone relatively soon? This might get dumped for it. I remember rumors going around saying that it would be a Tmobile phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3