Hey all, I jumped on the T-Mobile deal yesterday after a four month flirtation with Android (Nextbit Robin) and I'm a pretty big fan of the Idol so far. However, I have a couple issues that I'm concerned about after reading through some of the forums and comments on recent posts.

1) While trying to set up my fingerprint, I can only make it through three or four pressed before the process just stops. Not a bad detection error, but it just stops, waiting for another finger press. Sometimes I get to the point where I need to try different angles, but I've yet to make it all the way through. Is this common? Is it resolved in an insider build? I switched to release preview ring to see if there was a fix there to no avail.

2) I plugged in a set of headphones last night to have a play with the VR without annoying my wife, but it didn't switch audio to my headphones. I've read other people have had similar problems. Is this hardware? Does a return and replace sort it?

I think I might have actually convinced my coworker to get one of these, so I'd hate it if there was a widespread issue with this phone!
    02-19-2017 01:21 PM
    I've not seen others report these issues...

Have you tried using WDRT to reset the device?
    editguy likes this.
    02-19-2017 03:46 PM
    Originally posted by RumoredNow
    I've not seen others report these issues...

Have you tried using WDRT to reset the device?
    I have not, as I was having these issues right out of the box, so wouldn't have had anything to recover to. Worth a shot, though.
    02-19-2017 03:49 PM
    WDRT will reflash the factory issue version of W10M, then check for uodates to get to current.

Did you restore a backup from another phone? Maybe avoid that this go around.
    aximtreo, mark233, libra89 and 1 others like this.
    02-19-2017 03:51 PM
    I had issue #2 right out of the box. It simply would not detect when headphones were plugged in.
    I used WDRT to update the firmware and reinstall Windows and the problem was gone! Software/firmware issue I suspect, definitely not hardware.
    editguy and mark233 like this.
    02-19-2017 09:32 PM
    Ok, thanks for the feedback. Issue 1 was resolved after WDRT. Issue 2 remains, but only on my Kingston HyperX headphones. My wife's iphone earbuds work. My Bose earbuds are at my office, so I'll test this tomorrow - hopefully it's just an issue with the Kingstons.
    02-20-2017 08:15 AM
    Ok, thanks for the feedback. Issue 1 was resolved after WDRT. Issue 2 remains, but only on my Kingston HyperX headphones. My wife's iphone earbuds work. My Bose earbuds are at my office, so I'll test this tomorrow - hopefully it's just an issue with the Kingstons.
    Do keep us updated on this. Best of luck!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-20-2017 03:10 PM
    Originally posted by Ariel Takom
    Originally Posted by Andygoes
    Do keep us updated on this. Best of luck!

Well, I'm happy to report that my Bose QC20 earbuds work on the Alcatel. The Kingston's continue to not work, but no matter - the Bose are my normal set for travel and work.

Thanks, everyone, for the help!
    02-21-2017 02:00 PM
    Hey all, I jumped on the T-Mobile deal yesterday after a four month flirtation with Android (Nextbit Robin) and I'm a pretty big fan of the Idol so far. However, I have a couple issues that I'm concerned about after reading through some of the forums and comments on recent posts.

1) While trying to set up my fingerprint, I can only make it through three or four pressed before the process just stops. Not a bad detection error, but it just stops, waiting for another finger press. Sometimes I get to the point where I need to try different angles, but I've yet to make it all the way through. Is this common? Is it resolved in an insider build? I switched to release preview ring to see if there was a fix there to no avail.

2) I plugged in a set of headphones last night to have a play with the VR without annoying my wife, but it didn't switch audio to my headphones. I've read other people have had similar problems. Is this hardware? Does a return and replace sort it?

I think I might have actually convinced my coworker to get one of these, so I'd hate it if there was a widespread issue with this phone!
    The headphone issue is a frequent issue with this phone I have it all the time and I've swapped the phone out 3 times swapping it for a fourth time today for a unrelated issue.

Jus keep plugging the headphones into the aux port it will eventually play through the headphones

Never had the fingerprint issue.

I would swap the phone under ur warranty replacement

Sent from Idol 4s
    02-22-2017 12:26 PM
    I had the Kingston HyperX issue as well, on both this phone as well as the 950XL. I realized that if the mic was plugged in, it worked fine. It was only with the mic disconnected that I had a problem. I wonder if it's a WM issue.
    editguy and RumoredNow like this.
    02-22-2017 04:14 PM
    Originally posted by sketchy9
    I had the Kingston HyperX issue as well, on both this phone as well as the 950XL. I realized that if the mic was plugged in, it worked fine. It was only with the mic disconnected that I had a problem. I wonder if it's a WM issue.
    Can confirm same issue on 640XL - nice find! Plug in Kingston's with microphone in and it works, unplug microphone and phone switches to onboard speakers. So it seems to be WM, at least according to our small sample size of 3 different phones.
    editguy, libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-22-2017 10:43 PM
    The headphone issue is a frequent issue with this phone I have it all the time and I've swapped the phone out 3 times swapping it for a fourth time today for a unrelated issue.

Jus keep plugging the headphones into the aux port it will eventually play through the headphones

Never had the fingerprint issue.

I would swap the phone under ur warranty replacement

Sent from Idol 4s
    I noticed on mine, when plugging the Aux (3.5mm) jack into the phone port to an external source it will not play through it unless groove is open and already playing. Not sure why...
    03-13-2017 10:13 AM
    I noticed on mine, when plugging the Aux (3.5mm) jack into the phone port to an external source it will not play through it unless groove is open and already playing. Not sure why...
    Talked with Alcatel today they are saying the auxiliary cord has to have 3 rings on it for it to work properly checked mines in my car and it only has 2

I'm going to see if i can find a 3 ring aux today

Sent from Idol 4s
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-29-2017 01:56 PM