Still dealing with teething problems with my 4S. I've turned on double tap to wake, and it works fine, but I notice the phone is often (at least several times a day) turning on in my pocket. Strangely, it mostly seems to be loading OneNote and creating a couple of gibberish notes.

I never had this problem with my other Windows phones, has anybody seen this? I keep wondering if I have a slightly misaligned sensor (between this and my auto-speaker problem I covered in another post).
    03-04-2017 01:03 AM
    Are you sure it isn't Hey Cortana misfiring? That might explain the OneNote if she thinks you said "take a note."

My Hey Cortana was so oversensitive I ended up turning it off. No hardship really. It was always difficult for her to distinguish between the phone being addressed or the laptop, I can long press the Search button from anywhere and now I've added Band 2 and can just long hold the action button...
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    03-04-2017 04:06 PM
    A reasonable guess, but I never turned on Hey Cortana.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-04-2017 05:55 PM
    My Hey Cortana was so oversensitive I ended up turning it off. No hardship really. It was always difficult for her to distinguish between the phone being addressed or the laptop, I can long press the Search button from anywhere and now I've added Band 2 and can just long hold the action button...
    That took guts. I loved my Band 2 but when the band split close to the warranty end, I didn't even get it replaced. Another year would just make the inevitable mourning that much harder.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-04-2017 07:21 PM
    That took guts. I loved my Band 2 but when the band split close to the warranty end, I didn't even get it replaced. Another year would just make the inevitable mourning that much harder.
    Band 1 had the same separation issues, or nearly the same. I never saw any of it. I wonder if people are simply wearing the thing too tight and in the wrong position.

I wear mine face in and lower down than the metacarpal bones, it's actually lower than the flare at the end of the radius and ulna bones. I also don't ratchet it down, it is just tight enough for friction to hold the sensors in place.
    03-04-2017 08:18 PM
    I had a gibberish OneNote item, too, but I believe I had placed the awakened phone into my pocket first, and anything could have happened.

My case is the Stilgut brand, made for a Blackberry model, which fits perfectly on the 4S. Usually I would close the case cover and slip it into the pocket, but this one time I hadn't closed the cover first.

The nice thing about having a case with a cover is that closing the case makes the phone sleep, and opening the case wakes it up right away.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-05-2017 09:57 AM
    Is glove mode on? Maybe the heightened sensitivity is awakening it some how bouncing around. Also do you have a pin code set?
    03-06-2017 06:59 AM
    A reasonable guess, but I never turned on Hey Cortana.
    Does the fingerprint scanner unlock the phone even if Windows Hello is turned off (if no pin is required)? I know sometimes while in my pocket the fingerprint scanner thinks I am swiping.
    03-06-2017 09:45 AM
    Does the fingerprint scanner unlock the phone even if Windows Hello is turned off (if no pin is required)? I know sometimes while in my pocket the fingerprint scanner thinks I am swiping.
    It shouldn't. It doesn't do anything on mine since I turned it off.
    03-06-2017 01:26 PM
    The proximity sensor should keep DTtW from happening in a pocket.

Is the proximity sensor working well in other instances?
    libra89 likes this.
    03-06-2017 01:32 PM
    I don't have gloved mode on.

I exchanged the phone before I left on a trip (doing a lot of business travel right now), and it seems a lot better about not turning on in my pocket. I have had proximity sensor problems with it switching over from the speaker phone, or turning off the screen when I'm using it against my face.
    03-14-2017 09:47 AM