Continuum on the Alcatel Idol 4S

Ventus221

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I have a bit of a confession. I haven't used my own laptop in about 7 months since it was destroyed in a freak accident. So to cope, I have been using Continuum between a Lumia 950 XL. And for the last 4 months, my Alcatel Idol 4S. I'm writing this post to talk about my experience with it.

I found that generally. It is a really, really solid experience. My only gripe, Is that I can't use Steam not that I was really much of a PC gamer anyway. To be honest. I feel that I can use this going forward as a daily driver without any issues. My question to you guys is what would be a great way to make my continuum experience more mobile without buying a new laptop?

I used a Nexbook for a while and it was pretty good for a time, until software issues with the dock made it pretty awful to use over time.So I was wondering what could be a great possible replacement. I was looking at the HP. Laptop dock. But $600 seems extraordinarily steep for what it is. Would you guys happen to have any recommendations?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you connect your Idol 4S for Continuum? Wirelessly? Wired? What "docking" setup?

I assume you have a keyboard/mouse combo that is working for you so all you really need is a mobile screen?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Then you probably want a Portable Monitor that takes HDMI input.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3652905

I use my Idol on a daily basis with Continuum. A wired connection is the ONLY way to go. I can honestly tell you that a 1366x768 display is not a satisfactory experience unless you're on a small-ish screen like a 10.6" Motorola Lapdock (It works, trust me). Go for full HD (1920x1080) if you don't want scaling issues and if you want jagged-free edges.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a Nexdock to try out. I'm pleasantly surprised at how the Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad work with zero lag. Press a key and the letter pops up as quickly as I can type, which ain't really saying much but you get the gist. Anyway, the point of this post is to point out the difference between Continuum and Sentio (formerly known as Andromium). I used Edge on my Idol and the Chrome-ish browser Sentio gives you. Just so you know, there's only like 5 apps that work right now and one of them is a minesweeper game.

I think most of us know what the USA Today website looks like so I wanted to show everybody just how much better the browser experience is on Continuum. Not only is text a LOT more legible but the actual page rendering. Judge for yourselves:

**Edit** The Android I used is an LG G5 running Nougat, thought I should mention it so it would be seen as a fair fight considering both the G5 and my Idol have the same CPU and RAM.

RUo7uKz.jpg

k0jiaX6.jpg

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs