The phone has potential. Alcatel could do a lot more with this hardware if they just put effort behind it...
    It has now also gone up for pre order in the UK Microsoft store also. If they did put some effort into thise device are aimed it towards business it would be quite good. But they cant even correct that damn FFU file on the open market device as of today. Maybe once these other devices hit the market they will update but im not holding my breathe here.
    07-14-2017 06:55 PM
    It has now also gone up for pre order in the UK Microsoft store also. If they did put some effort into thise device are aimed it towards business it would be quite good. But they cant even correct that damn FFU file on the open market device as of today. Maybe once these other devices hit the market they will update but im not holding my breathe here.
    I ate my words...my dang speaker blew itself again on that brand new device they sent. Not sure what is happening when it does that. I figured since I had the Elite X3 again I would put it on the Fast Ring...well the last two blew the speaker too on the Fast ring. Not sure if it is something I am doing or what. It reboots and I am using the unlocked model on the Alcatel IDOL4s with Windows 10 splash screen it sends out this horrible roar for about 5 seconds. Then the top speaker no longer works right. I think the bottom one too was affected not sure...
    07-14-2017 07:21 PM
    Wow that's just bad.
    I had that roar once as well but it didn't occur since. Try staying off the fast ring on your next one. HP just released a firmware to improve night time shots, app opening speed and performance.
    Battery life is same compared to Lumia 950 for me.

Shame on Alcatel.
    07-14-2017 11:39 PM
    There is no change log yet for the Elite X3s lates fw update as far as I know. We are still wiating for an official statement from HP. Where did you get your info?
    07-14-2017 11:42 PM
    I ate my words...my dang speaker blew itself again on that brand new device they sent. Not sure what is happening when it does that. I figured since I had the Elite X3 again I would put it on the Fast Ring...well the last two blew the speaker too on the Fast ring. Not sure if it is something I am doing or what. It reboots and I am using the unlocked model on the Alcatel IDOL4s with Windows 10 splash screen it sends out this horrible roar for about 5 seconds. Then the top speaker no longer works right. I think the bottom one too was affected not sure...
    Yeah, the speaker is a software issue. Mine didn't fail until the moment when I flashed the T-Mo firmware. It made that awful sound at the splash screen too, and I forgot about it after that because I never made another call on the device since that day. Then when you said something about it a few weeks ago, I remembered and checked, and sure enough the speaker is distorted. It's something that would be fixed in a firmware update, but we obviously know Alcatel's stance on those.
    07-16-2017 06:01 PM
    does anyone know if the non working open market ffu has a product code that goes along with it?
    07-16-2017 06:07 PM
    does anyone know if the non working open market ffu has a product code that goes along with it?
    If it has one it could be VAR-GSM. That's the product number under deviceTargetInfo-->PhoneHardwareVariant for the unlocked model.

platform_reg_6071w.png

Where would I find it other than the registry?
    07-16-2017 06:36 PM
    There is no change log yet for the Elite X3s lates fw update as far as I know. We are still wiating for an official statement from HP. Where did you get your info?

I found it on the WinCentral site. Not Windows Central.

Camera: Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.

Auto focus tuning updates.

Carriers: APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone

System: Memory utilization is optimized.

Performance of application launches is improved.

Accessories: HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported
    07-17-2017 12:12 AM
    I found it on the WinCentral site. Not Windows Central.

Camera: Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.

Auto focus tuning updates.

Carriers: APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone

System: Memory utilization is optimized.

Performance of application launches is improved.

Accessories: HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported
    Wasn't that the February change log?
    07-17-2017 01:03 AM
    is the ffu that is on wdrt have the same variant or is different?
    07-17-2017 07:04 PM
    is the ffu that is on wdrt have the same variant or is different?
    What do you mean?

If you mean the VAR-GSM I pulled?..., that is from the FFU directly.
    07-17-2017 07:05 PM
    Yeah, the speaker is a software issue. Mine didn't fail until the moment when I flashed the T-Mo firmware. It made that awful sound at the splash screen too, and I forgot about it after that because I never made another call on the device since that day. Then when you said something about it a few weeks ago, I remembered and checked, and sure enough the speaker is distorted. It's something that would be fixed in a firmware update, but we obviously know Alcatel's stance on those.
    Until Alcatel figures out a way to fix it, I will keep mailing it back in. Other than the firmware not flashing issue that is the only problem Hardware-wise that has broke on the phones I had. This time I marked it on the RMA page as unlocked and sent it in with the invoice, plus I left it ont he unlocked fw though on the insder build. Will see what happens this week/this time around...
    07-17-2017 08:14 PM
    Wasn't that the February change log?
    They stated that it bring the OS to 14393.693, among these fixes. There are 3 known issues though. Other than that, I'm not sure if they fixed the same things again or this is an old changelog.
    07-18-2017 05:36 AM
    got a reply from Alcatel yesterday via twitter saying sorry we don't have a timeline for when the ffu and wdrt will be fixed.
    Nate W and DylanCochard like this.
    07-19-2017 07:09 PM
    got a reply from Alcatel yesterday via twitter saying sorry we don't have a timeline for when the ffu and wdrt will be fixed.
    If i believe correctly, you contacted them a few weeks ago? If so, it took them long to reply.
    I don't think that it is hard for them to fox the issue, should require much work and time. That is, if they actually know what the problem really is.
    Nate W likes this.
    07-19-2017 09:26 PM
    The timeline is never. The fix is extremely simple, and if they haven't bothered to do it by now, then they aren't going to do it ever.
    07-20-2017 01:13 AM
    The timeline is never. The fix is extremely simple, and if they haven't bothered to do it by now, then they aren't going to do it ever.
    I wonder why they are not in an even bit of a rush to fix it. I can understand being concerned about it and if I were them there is good reason to be. The second new hottest W10M phone out right now is the IDOL4s..but they have like zero urgency for what could be a simple fix...they have access to their OEM portal to re-publish if they need, all they need is to re-provision a new FFU for that market model. It is as if maybe there is only one guy who has access to all keys over there and he is never around or something. I like to think that maybe someone over there is over thinking it or some other high up approval is needed. How long has it been? Since release February/January? 6 months of Alcatel banking on as few people as possible needing to use the WDRT for the unlocked model. An unnecessary risk if you ask me.
    DylanCochard likes this.
    07-20-2017 02:08 AM
    the only two things I can think of right now that explains all this.

1. They are waiting to provision the new European models and issue the fixed NA variant at the same time.

2. They are clueless and don't give a crap about supporting their devices.
    07-20-2017 05:57 PM
    the only two things I can think of right now that explains all this.

1. They are waiting to provision the new European models and issue the fixed NA variant at the same time.

2. They are clueless and don't give a crap about supporting their devices.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-20-2017 10:03 PM
    I wonder why they are not in an even bit of a rush to fix it. I can understand being concerned about it and if I were them there is good reason to be. The second new hottest W10M phone out right now is the IDOL4s..but they have like zero urgency for what could be a simple fix...they have access to their OEM portal to re-publish if they need, all they need is to re-provision a new FFU for that market model. It is as if maybe there is only one guy who has access to all keys over there and he is never around or something. I like to think that maybe someone over there is over thinking it or some other high up approval is needed. How long has it been? Since release February/January? 6 months of Alcatel banking on as few people as possible needing to use the WDRT for the unlocked model. An unnecessary risk if you ask me.
    Alcatel sold very few of these phones, and a far smaller number of those phones will ever need to be reflashed. Then keep in mind that nobody is switching to Windows Mobile. In fact, a quarter of the remaining 1% of smartphone users left WP in the last year, so there's no incentive to fight hard for market share. There just isn't an economy of scale here that makes it worthwhile for them to care. I'm convinced that this very late introduction of a phone with last year's SoC into Europe is just a way to help draw down excess inventory before the phone is discontinued altogether.

The answer is to just release a blanket unbranded update for all phones, and not care if a few T-Mo phones end up unbranded in the process. I doubt T-Mo would notice or care anyway, seeing how they only sold about 100 of these phones in the whole 2 months they carried it.
    Yesterday 12:49 PM
    ...T-Mo... only sold about 100 of these phones in the whole 2 months they carried it.
    Got Link?
    Yesterday 04:54 PM
    How can we get an official statement on this from Alcatel? Nothing vague like we've seen. From my persepective nobody knows except the handful of us here on this thread. They should own up to the mistake and lay the cards out to let us know.

I do not care if the FW update ever happens. That would be icing on the cake if it even happens. What about fixing the FFU. Folks cannot even rollback from insider builds. That is just jacked up. It is even more jacked up that they do not know that first hand before jumping on. They would either have to find out later when it does not work or be cruising around the forums here to notice.
    Yesterday 09:37 PM
    Not sure who has posted one of these yet in the feed back hub. If you have share it here and I'll find it and upvote it. Here is mine...
    Yesterday 09:55 PM
    @Nate W

I wondered if there's not a law in the USA that requires a device can be restored to its original state ? Or something like that ?
    Nate W likes this.
    Today 04:55 AM
    @Nate W

I wondered if there's not a law in the USA that requires a device can be restored to its original state ? Or something like that ?
    Haha. I would not doubt that...but TCL is out of China, Alcatel only sells the device. So not sure there is any jurisdiction or the like there to work with...
    DylanCochard likes this.
    Today 09:11 AM
275 ... 91011