Alcatel open market 4s

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Not much choice. But I was vocal about the mistake.

It was a mistake in attention to detail. They have you send your proof of purchase in along with the device and RMA info. Which clearly shows what I sent. Plus if it was a T-Mobile variant to begin with, then I should have gone directly through the carrier for hardware/RMA support. Am I right? The bad part is, that whoever serviced it must not have read into the notes I gave, or misunderstood what a typed out as the problem.

The end result is that they decided to send a replacement unit. Yet sent the wrong match for what I sent in. To me they are responsible for that mistake. The part that got me inpatient though was that when opening a case for their mistake yesterday, I was told a resolution should be determined by Monday or latest Tuesday. It is clear what the resolution should be.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not much choice. But I was vocal about the mistake.

It was a mistake in attention to detail. They have you send your proof of purchase in along with the device and RMA info. Which clearly shows what I sent. Plus if it was a T-Mobile variant to begin with, then I should have gone directly through the carrier for hardware/RMA support. Am I right? The bad part is, that whoever serviced it must not have read into the notes I gave, or misunderstood what a typed out as the problem.

The end result is that they decided to send a replacement unit. Yet sent the wrong match for what I sent in. To me they are responsible for that mistake. The part that got me inpatient though was that when opening a case for their mistake yesterday, I was told a resolution should be determined by Monday or latest Tuesday. It is clear what the resolution should be.

Did you write the note in Chinese?

Luke Rossini

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
@Nate W

Did you tell Alcatel support you "installed"/flashed your device with the T-Mobile firmware?

When I contacted them, I told them that I "installed" the T-Mobile firmware. They stated "installing" a new firmware voided my warranty so all cost will be out of pocket.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Nate W

Did you tell Alcatel support you "installed"/flashed your device with the T-Mobile firmware?

When I contacted them, I told them that I "installed" the T-Mobile firmware. They stated "installing" a new firmware voided my warranty so all cost will be out of pocket.

I did, but they did not seem to understand what I was talking about. Or at least the individuals I spoke to did not seem to. The problem is that it can be flashed and the proper one can't. So, in some cases what are people going to naturally try? I have a whole email where they explained doing an RMA and sending the device back is the only for sure way to get it fixed.
@Luke Rossini here is an excerpt...note the subject line and original message.

Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 10:16 AM
To:
Subject: RE: 156338880 6071W open market FFU for the Windows Device Recovery Tool

Dear Nathan , Thank you for contacting Alcatel Support. We understand your concern and will be happy to help you with the issue that you are having. At this moment it would be to send in the device into the repair center to get it repaired for you. This email contains all the information needed to process the Warranty Repair of your Alcatel device.

SUBJECT: 6071W open market FFU for the Windows Device Recovery Tool
This is very disappointing. I cannot fix my phone with a full flash update since my phone's PLAT ID has a mis-match from what the FFU expects. If it worsens and I am stuck with broken software and OS issues, I will need to exchange my phone. Are there plans from Alcatel to address this issue? Please provide information and an update on this.

PRODUCT NAME: IDOL 4 & IDOL 4S

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Nate W

The other part of it is it's their approved Firmware, and not some off the wall custom FW they did not certify.

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Appreciate the warnings not to try to install the T-Mobile firmware. I've opened a case w/ Alcatel following the greatness that was released last night and installed despite me pausing updates. Now stuck with an unusable 4s unlocked model and don't use T-Mobile so really reluctant to try to flash that firmware.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Appreciate the warnings not to try to install the T-Mobile firmware. I've opened a case w/ Alcatel following the greatness that was released last night and installed despite me pausing updates. Now stuck with an unusable 4s unlocked model and don't use T-Mobile so really reluctant to try to flash that firmware.

Ya that is best for now. It is a hassle I know...for me I am ok with messing around with the phone since I have several I can use as a backup.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ya that is best for now. It is a hassle I know...for me I am ok with messing around with the phone since I have several I can use as a backup.

The tmobile FFU does flash to the open market device, the only issues I have is well its branded tmobile and it has messed up my apn setting for Canada. still cant get mms on the device. I don't think either MS or Alcatel give a crap about this.

rjcs123

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I was reading your comments and I see that they have a very serious problem, I have an Alcatel idol S4 but is branded T-Mobile. I can not unlock it for other carrier. Recommend some page to unlock it? thanks, regards!

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Alcatel reached out today to me on Twitter via DM after I publically wrote @Microsoft @dona Sakar @AlcatelUSA thanks for bricking my phone and thanks for the broken ffu on wdrt. We will see what they come back with.

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Still waiting on the FedEx info from Alcatel so I can send the device back under warranty and on their dime. Hoping Someone from MS/Alcatel will actually acknowledge the issue and put out a fixed FFU, but not holding my breath. :-/

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
still on twitter with alcatelUSA, I have forwarded them pictures of wdrt error and pictures from some of the posts here showing what the issue is, hopefully will get a reply tomorrow.

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hoping it's a useful reply - or better, one that says "we'll release a working FFU for unbranded Idol 4S's", but not going to hold my breath.

In other news - still no FedEx info from Alcatel. I will probably follow up w/ their support people this afternoon if I don't have an update.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hoping it's a useful reply - or better, one that says "we'll release a working FFU for unbranded Idol 4S's", but not going to hold my breath.

In other news - still no FedEx info from Alcatel. I will probably follow up w/ their support people this afternoon if I don't have an update.

It took them almost 5 days to create a return FedEx label for me, once the case was made. For a slightly different issue though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion