Alcatel open market 4s

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It took them almost 5 days to create a return FedEx label for me, once the case was made. For a slightly different issue though.
If this is how Alcatel is going to treat its customers, I'm glad I didn't buy the DTEK60. It's my opinion that small players don't have the luxury of being punks with their customers as they're trying to join the big leagues.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
If this is how Alcatel is going to treat its customers, I'm glad I didn't buy the DTEK60. It's my opinion that small players don't have the luxury of being punks with their customers as they're trying to join the big leagues.

Yep, I still like my phone but have absolutely no confidence in Alcatel. At this point, I couldn't in good conscience recommend the phone any longer (and, sadly, that's a little hard for me to say).

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
OK after dealing with Alcatel on twitter for 5 days I don't even think they know what windows phone is and that it actually runs on one of their phones. The reply I got today, after showing and explaining that the file problem is the recovery FFU file available on Microsofts Windows device recovery tool, is can you send us a picture and full address of where you downloaded the driver from that is giving you issues...... WTF

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
OK after dealing with Alcatel on twitter for 5 days I don't even think they know what windows phone is and that it actually runs on one of their phones. The reply I got today, after showing and explaining that the file problem is the recovery FFU file available on Microsofts Windows device recovery tool, is can you send us a picture and full address of where you downloaded the driver from that is giving you issues...... WTF
giphy.gif

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Seriously though. What gives here? Helpless if you ask me. I still do not think there is a way to alter the PLAT ID on the phone easily without them releasing a new FW push on the open market model with a cab file to go with it. Since it is an active fail on Alcatel's part and we are in the middle of it I guess it feels like we will never see a solution...

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
we need to be united and make "spam" on alcatel support (twitter or anywhere) they need to damn ear us!

yes need more folk to hit up ALCATELUSA on twitter with this issue, I sent a message them today and told them to go grab one of their own open market idol 4s with windows 10 and try reflash it with the windows device recovery tool supplied by Microsoft.

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I really hope that means a new firmware is coming that works for this device, though not holding out too much hope.

Still no Fedex information - will have to call Alcatel about that to see what's going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05