Alcatel open market 4s

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@Nate W

We can. Command example is

Then rename GPT0.bin to WhatThatYouWant.mbn.

For some reason I thought a flash programmer had more than the gpt layout. Thanks

EDIT: @DylanCochard
What is the difference between the full GPT.bin dump of the partition itself and dump of the gpt layout? A have a full dump of the GPT.bin and its size adds to 256k. It includes the backup partitions too but a lot of empty space in the file in between.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I can give you the proper OEMDevicePlatform.xml, how do you propose to change the Device ID or use the file to flash the Open Market FFU?

Edit: I think I see the command you are planning to run. That being thor2 in emergency mode:
thor2 -mode emergency -configfile "emergency_config.xml" -ffufile "Production_flash.ffu"

yup that's the one I'm gonna try cause I can put the phone into state 7 which is emergency mode.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
ok just tried with the xml you attached, I get an error with failing to load the xml, xml parsing failed.

From emergency mode, flashing it there would seem that the xml file would be more of the partition layout rather than an alter of the platform ID.

EDIT: Just checking but are the FFU and OEM xml file under c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Care Suite\Windows Device Recovery Tool?

Am wondering what content by defualt the config.xml file should have...what I would do also is dry run it next time. So to protect you from an unpredictable outcome, so you can add -skippffuflash at the end of each command to test the outcome without sending data to the phone more or less.

Last edited:

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking I should move out of that directory to try, maybe the xml is read only or has some elevated privilege in that directory.

anon(10197358)

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
@Nate W @Iain_S

I think that shouldn't work.

thor2 -mode emergency -configfile "emergency_flash_config.xml" -ffufile "FullFlashUpdate.ffu"

To me, this command is only for Sahara emergency protocol (with .ede and .edp files). Attached file is an example (from Lumia 640 Dual SIM RM-1077) of what emergency_flash_config.xml file contains.

Attachments

• emergency_flash_config.zip
    437 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Finally got tired of waiting for Alcatel to send me a FedEx label and just sent mine off to the repair center. Good news is that it's 45 minutes from my house. Bad news is the reports of people getting back a T-Mobile ROM. I specified quite clearly that I wanted the open market ROM and that flashing the T-Mobile ROM is not "fixing" my device. Hopefully that will take and they'll either get it working or send me a new/working open market device. I included a link to this thread, though my guess is that they won't likely look at it. (not really surprised there, as it's not really part of their job, but I figured if anyone cared to look they might see the issues that people are having trying to get reset their legit open market devices)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I found out why mine got confused and mishandled. There is a section on the customer return that is misleading. It has almost every top carrier in the US and outside the us listed in its drop down menu. Well I chose AT&T since that was my carrier. I did not even check for or notice the option for 'Unlocked'.

Make sure anyone, when you submit the RMA that you use the option for carrier as 'Unlocked'.

Ex. Enter_Customer_Return.PNG

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Good to know. I did choose "Unlocked" as the carrier. I didn't see an option for "Is Under Warranty", though I should have specified that I have the proof of purchase in retrospect. I'll see if I can update the ticket w/ that information. :-/ I put in as much detail as I could on the form and specified that I did not want the T-Mobile ROM as well as saying that I'd be happy to do this myself, but there's no working firmware for us to use.

Edit: contacted Alcatel support - apparently there's no way for them to tweak an RMA to indicate that I do have a PoP. They tried to assure me that they're working on providing a firmware for us to use, but I'm not really sure the support reps answering the phones understand the actual issue. The rep was quite friendly and my main reason to call was to ask about the PoP details. He said that was more to speed up verifying the warranty status than anything else so I should be good there. He seemed pretty confident that they'd be able to flash the appropriate ROM. I'm hopeful, but we'll see what happens. The good news is that I should get the phone back within a week if there are no issues and no backlog in front of me.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss