Alcatel open market 4s

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
@Nate W @Iain_S

I think that shouldn't work.

To me, this command is only for Sahara emergency protocol (with .ede and .edp files). Attached file is an example (from Lumia 640 Dual SIM RM-1077) of what emergency_flash_config.xml file contains.

that's for Nokia's version for emergency flashing they don't use Sahara, it uses their own protocol which is firehose and is not compatible with the thor2 mode emergency.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
that's for Nokia's version for emergency flashing they don't use Sahara, it uses their own protocol which is firehose and is not compatible with the thor2 mode emergency.

Ya, I figured it was worth a try just to see. It would be the emmcdl command binary that can run using a firehose or another flash programmer mbn file. I used the emmcdl command to generate that xml file.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Change the device ID on the device? Or, what do mean exactly and how?

the -mode emergency -configfile -ffufile command is used to change the device id of the phone, normally you would add both the two id's to this and then after update with a retail image. So the emergency config file would contain both the 01 and NA device id's and it would flash the ffu with the new NA device ID and prepare it for future ffu updates with just the NA device id. But at this point I'm thinking we are locked out from this function.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
the -mode emergency -configfile -ffufile command is used to change the device id of the phone, normally you would add both the two id's to this and then after update with a retail image. So the emergency config file would contain both the 01 and NA device id's and it would flash the ffu with the new NA device ID and prepare it for future ffu updates with just the NA device id. But at this point I'm thinking we are locked out from this function.

Where is that info explained at? I want to read into the emergency mode functions since the IDOL4s can be put there. Since the only security around the FFU is the Device ID at this point there should be a way and maybe we just have not found it yet.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Where is that info explained at? I want to read into the emergency mode functions since the IDOL4s can be put there. Since the only security around the FFU is the Device ID at this point there should be a way and maybe we just have not found it yet.
@Iain_S
I found the info I need. Thanks.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
@Iain_S
I found the info I need. Thanks.

I think I read it on the Microsoft website for people that develop the os for the actual devices., I don't know at this point if the config file has to be some specific or not for doing this or the actual phone has this function locked out somehow.

anon(10197358)

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Just an update : Alcatel has replied to my DM today.

Alcatel said:
Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing. At this moment it would be to wait until they release an update for the WRDT that will be compatible with your device.
Alcatel, or at least the guy who has replied to my DM, didn't understand the issue. I've replied this :

DylanCochard said:
For you, what « they » does mean ? If it's Microsoft, so it's that you don't understand the issue.

WDRT is compatible with Idol 4S Open Market. It's *not* an issue related to WDRT (and not WRDT), it's *not* an issue that requires a WDRT's update, it's *not* an issue that must be fixed by Microsoft. It's an issue that must be fixed by you (Alcatel).

The RTM_IDOL4S_Open_F1052.16.09031.50700_1052.16.09031.50700.FFU file, that you've developed, has an issue related to the Platform ID (as I said it above). You must proceed to an update of this file to fix this issue.

So, I repeat my questions : What's Alcatel going to do ? When ?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just an update : Alcatel has replied to my DM today.

Alcatel, or at least the guy who has replied to my DM, didn't understand the issue. I've replied this :

Thanks for that update.

Alcatel is end up with a bunch T-Mobile branded unlocked variants if they decide to keep waiting longer and longer...

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Well, I see that my device is being sent back to me, but I can't log in to the finetw site right now to get any details about what might have happened. The device was received yesterday and marked as received this morning, but no clue what might have happened. I guess I'll know tomorrow when I get it back. I was explicit several times that I did not want a T-Mobile ROM as that wouldn't fix my device. Maybe they have some magic way to flash to the open market ROM or just sent me back a different open market device. Maybe they just flashed the T-Mobile ROM. No idea and not sure the RMA site would show me any details even if I could log in.... More details tomorrow sometime.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, I see that my device is being sent back to me, but I can't log in to the finetw site right now to get any details about what might have happened. The device was received yesterday and marked as received this morning, but no clue what might have happened. I guess I'll know tomorrow when I get it back. I was explicit several times that I did not want a T-Mobile ROM as that wouldn't fix my device. Maybe they have some magic way to flash to the open market ROM or just sent me back a different open market device. Maybe they just flashed the T-Mobile ROM. No idea and not sure the RMA site would show me any details even if I could log in.... More details tomorrow sometime.
My phone has been waiting since last Tuesday. No new updates still.

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Me: Hey Alcatel, you sent me a defective apple.

Alcatel: I'm sorry that you're having problems with your avocado. Here's an RMA; we'll get a new banana out to you as soon as we can.

I've never in my life seen a company release a product and not realize that it exists. It's also stunning to me that they don't understand the nature of this problem. It's really not that complicated at all. And I'm referring to both the problem and the fix that they inexplicably won't release for some reason.

I finally got a repair RMA, but I haven't bothered sending my phone because I'm almost certain that I'm going to get a locked T-Mo variant in return. I'm just going to spare myself the inevitable disappointment that I already see coming from several miles away.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Alcatel: I'm sorry that you're having problems with your avocado. Here's an RMA; we'll get a new banana out to you as soon as we can.

I've never in my life seen a company release a product and not realize that it exists. It's also stunning to me that they don't understand the nature of this problem. It's really not that complicated at all. And I'm referring to both the problem and the fix that they inexplicably won't release for some reason.

I finally got a repair RMA, but I haven't bothered sending my phone because I'm almost certain that I'm going to get a locked T-Mo variant in return. I'm just going to spare myself the inevitable disappointment that I already see coming from several miles away.

Microsoft's Windows 10M is not popular as it is. Then you have OEMs like Alcatel that come along and are basically throwing salt in the wounds. It really should not reflect on Microsoft at all, but you know it will...it is a shame because I know mutilply people in the formums that migrated to an IDOL4s, but who knows how their experience is now. Or should they have an issue with their phone in the next week or 2, what might happen to their experience then?

Balooney

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
It probably does not help.that it has the same exact name as the Android phone.
Originally posted by aj173

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
The biggest tragedy of the whole debacle is that this is one of the best Windows phones to ever exist. Alcatel was great for taking an existing Android handset and leveraging that volume to serve a neglected niche market in W10M. After a decade of subpar hardware, we finally get a few current-gen handsets, but then this happens. The camera is a little underwhelming, and the performance could use a bit of help. But the former is tolerable, and I suspect that the latter could be remedied with a little fine tuning of W10M. All things considered, this could have been a great phone at an unbeatable price point.

If I ever get it sorted out, I'm going into Windows 7 mode and opting out of any and all future updates. Security be damned. Go ahead, steal my encrypted archives and maxed out credit cards. I'm just waiting for one of you intrepid pioneers to get your phone returned in a better state than you sent it before I beat my face off the wall and deal with Alcatel support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro