Alcatel open market 4s

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If you're dumb enough to accept the wager, I'm willing to bet you a grand that you receive a locked T-Mo phone. Probably the easiest money I'll ever make.

lol...maybe. Hope your wrong.
Would be pie in their face again and would be fuel on the fire, because that is the very reason they have my phone back in their possesion in the first place. But ya if I get another locked to T-mobile one back I am keeping it and will just walk away and unlock it. No more dealing with them if that happens.

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
On a more serious note, I hope you do get the correct phone back. I'm waiting for at least one person to receive the correct phone before I bother sending mine in.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
They sent me a brand new unlocked one in a box.

uMEQI66.jpg

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I escalated multiple times over 2 weeks. In those escalations a ticket was generated to a Supervisor, but not sure which one. The last time I called in (this week on Tuesday) I asked to speak to the supervisor that that Rep was referencing when they were talking to me. That is when I conversed with the supervisor about my ticket/RMA, she at this time was looking them over. Not sure how their procedures there are, but once this happened I made my request to her to just have a Unlocked device sent back to me like was suppose to be done originally. She was resistant to that solution, so I asked her if instead of waiting more time could she put that request in to the Repair center. So I suppose she did and made it happen.

Last edited:

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
so with your new unlocked one does the current ffu on wdrt flash to the device? or does it still have the same issue?

After all the effort to get a working phone back, I doubt he's going to be in a hurry to try to flash anything. But I'm betting that it won't work.

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Nate, is there any chance that you can grab me the registry entries for messaging and visual voicemail when you have a moment? I still haven't been able to get either one working for Cricket, which is killing me since the ATT setup should theoretically work, at least for the MMS issue. I mean, damn. My Cricket SIM works even with locked ATT phones, so I'm not sure what the issue is. For being the "un-carrier", T-Mobile made sure to do the most carrier thing in the world with this phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Nate, is there any chance that you can grab me the registry entries for messaging and visual voicemail when you have a moment? I still haven't been able to get either one working for Cricket, which is killing me since the ATT setup should theoretically work, at least for the MMS issue. I mean, damn. My Cricket SIM works even with locked ATT phones, so I'm not sure what the issue is. For being the "un-carrier", T-Mobile made sure to do the most carrier thing in the world with this phone.
Cricket is owned by AT&T so you can use a Cricket SIM in an AT&T phone but not vice versa. Same goes with T-Mobile. They own MetroPCS and their SIMs work on TMO phones but you can't put a TMO SIM on a locked MetroPCS phone. It makes zero sense to me but it be what it be.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Right. Which means that my messaging should work with Nate's registry edit, but it doesn't. That's the problem.
SMS and voice work without modification any unlocked phone, data and MMS might require APN editing or creating.

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Have you gotten one of the new SIM cards Cricket issued since the first of the year (after the shutdown of 2G)? Solved my SMS/MMS issues.

I can't see how it would be the SIM, but I might order one and try it out. I've combed through literally every registry entry that seemed even remotely relevant, so I guess I don't have much to lose. If a new SIM doesn't work, maybe I'll try randomly transplanting files from my 1520 to see if I can get any MMS action.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't see how it would be the SIM, but I might order one and try it out. I've combed through literally every registry entry that seemed even remotely relevant, so I guess I don't have much to lose. If a new SIM doesn't work, maybe I'll try randomly transplanting files from my 1520 to see if I can get any MMS action.
The SIM carries the carrier's "instructions" that the phone reads.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I can but I use AT&T which might not make that much of a difference anyway. VVM should auto provision after you call your Voicemail for the first time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb