Alcatel open market 4s

paschott

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Was hoping that this device's release in the EU would mean a new/fixed firmware at the least. Sad to see that still hasn't happened, but glad to hear that Alcatel will eventually ship back a proper open market device with enough prodding. (Apparently many detailed notes in the ticket and RMA aren't enough for that. :-/ )

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Well guys... i dk, i think im done with Windows 10 mobile... i love my alcatel but i cant be fine using my "broken" alcatel and every app its a sh... i mean with this phone the OS, apps and all suppose to goes like a charm... thats why i get it! i was hoping a miracle from Microsoft until december (lol) but now with this joke from alcatel and W$ (i mean after CU some things get fix and others get bad and now this maybe never get fixed) I change my 640 XL for this beauty but im starting to really open my eyes (yes, after getting a 710, 520, 720, Surface RT(same case here), 1020, 640, 950, 640 XL and now IDOL 4S) think gonna try to sell it and jump on a xiaomi with a big pain on my heart

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
Since Microsoft's mobile strategy for years has been to focus on mobile for other platforms instead of their own, this is unfortunately how the road is going to end for all of us. There aren't any noteworthy Windows Phones coming up or even rumored to come up, so I think the writing's on the wall. And no, Surface Phone doesn't count as a credible rumor. It's the same clickbait fodder from 2014, just repackaged every few months with different specs.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
So I'm here again now with a Xiaomi red mi note 4 and hell! This is the speed my old Alcatel need it! I'm so ashamed, this is another level working and opening everything and u know the other! One day and hell how much miss my tiles haha feedback from a windows lover ??????

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
So I'm here again now with a Xiaomi red mi note 4 and hell! This is the speed my old Alcatel need it! I'm so ashamed, this is another level working and opening everything and u know the other! One day and hell how much miss my tiles haha feedback from a windows lover ������

As much as it kills me, I suspect that I'm not far behind you. I think that WP did (and still does) have some quality attributes despite the huge gulf between it and other platforms in terms of features and apps. But you shouldn't have to make compromises when buying supposed "flagship" grade devices, and that's how it is with WP. Want a good camera? You have to sacrifice screen size. Want good battery life? Oops, looks like you're going to have to sacrifice the camera. It's so stupid and unnecessary.

I want a modern smartphone with a big screen, good camera, and a stylus. I want something that just works. Now. Not in two or three months when an update might or might not make it work. I'm tired of unboxing a new phone and instantly being so disappointed that I'm already hoping for something better "next year". I was patient when WP7 was released, but there's no excuse for MS to still be so far behind 5 years later.

I hope Microsoft pulls something good out of their *** before the Galaxy Note 8 gets here, because if not, I'm gone and so are the rest of us who want a serious productivity tool. Frankly, they're lucky the Note 7 went down in flames, or else 90% of their remaining 0.78% of smartphone users would have defected.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
As much as it kills me, I suspect that I'm not far behind you. I think that WP did (and still does) have some quality attributes despite the huge gulf between it and other platforms in terms of features and apps. But you shouldn't have to make compromises when buying supposed "flagship" grade devices, and that's how it is with WP. Want a good camera? You have to sacrifice screen size. Want good battery life? Oops, looks like you're going to have to sacrifice the camera. It's so stupid and unnecessary.

I want a modern smartphone with a big screen, good camera, and a stylus. I want something that just works. Now. Not in two or three months when an update might or might not make it work. I'm tired of unboxing a new phone and instantly being so disappointed that I'm already hoping for something better "next year". I was patient when WP7 was released, but there's no excuse for MS to still be so far behind 5 years later.

I hope Microsoft pulls something good out of their *** before the Galaxy Note 8 gets here, because if not, I'm gone and so are the rest of us who want a serious productivity tool. Frankly, they're lucky the Note 7 went down in flames, or else 90% of their remaining 0.78% of smartphone users would have defected.
I hear ya. Such limited choice in devices makes it very difficult. I hope the 950/xl don't end the w10m legacy as the best devices. Cuz so far that's the way it seems....the Idol 4s comes kinda close. The elite X3 even closer. But those devices are still in the shadows of the last of the lumia line. I hope a device comes soon that knocks the socks off folks otherwise I may join another crowd over time too...

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The phone has potential. Alcatel could do a lot more with this hardware if they just put effort behind it...

It has now also gone up for pre order in the UK Microsoft store also. If they did put some effort into thise device are aimed it towards business it would be quite good. But they cant even correct that damn FFU file on the open market device as of today. Maybe once these other devices hit the market they will update but im not holding my breathe here.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It has now also gone up for pre order in the UK Microsoft store also. If they did put some effort into thise device are aimed it towards business it would be quite good. But they cant even correct that damn FFU file on the open market device as of today. Maybe once these other devices hit the market they will update but im not holding my breathe here.

I ate my words...my dang speaker blew itself again on that brand new device they sent. Not sure what is happening when it does that. I figured since I had the Elite X3 again I would put it on the Fast Ring...well the last two blew the speaker too on the Fast ring. Not sure if it is something I am doing or what. It reboots and I am using the unlocked model on the Alcatel IDOL4s with Windows 10 splash screen it sends out this horrible roar for about 5 seconds. Then the top speaker no longer works right. I think the bottom one too was affected not sure...

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Wow that's just bad.
I had that roar once as well but it didn't occur since. Try staying off the fast ring on your next one. HP just released a firmware to improve night time shots, app opening speed and performance.
Battery life is same compared to Lumia 950 for me.

Shame on Alcatel.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
There is no change log yet for the Elite X3s lates fw update as far as I know. We are still wiating for an official statement from HP. Where did you get your info?

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
I ate my words...my dang speaker blew itself again on that brand new device they sent. Not sure what is happening when it does that. I figured since I had the Elite X3 again I would put it on the Fast Ring...well the last two blew the speaker too on the Fast ring. Not sure if it is something I am doing or what. It reboots and I am using the unlocked model on the Alcatel IDOL4s with Windows 10 splash screen it sends out this horrible roar for about 5 seconds. Then the top speaker no longer works right. I think the bottom one too was affected not sure...

Yeah, the speaker is a software issue. Mine didn't fail until the moment when I flashed the T-Mo firmware. It made that awful sound at the splash screen too, and I forgot about it after that because I never made another call on the device since that day. Then when you said something about it a few weeks ago, I remembered and checked, and sure enough the speaker is distorted. It's something that would be fixed in a firmware update, but we obviously know Alcatel's stance on those.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
does anyone know if the non working open market ffu has a product code that goes along with it?

If it has one it could be VAR-GSM. That's the product number under deviceTargetInfo-->PhoneHardwareVariant for the unlocked model.

Platform_reg_6071w.PNG

Where would I find it other than the registry?

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
There is no change log yet for the Elite X3s lates fw update as far as I know. We are still wiating for an official statement from HP. Where did you get your info?

I found it on the WinCentral site. Not Windows Central.

Camera: Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.

Auto focus tuning updates.

Carriers: APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone

System: Memory utilization is optimized.

Performance of application launches is improved.

Accessories: HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I found it on the WinCentral site. Not Windows Central.

Camera: Photo quality in full dark environment with flash on is improved.

Auto focus tuning updates.

Carriers: APN configurations updated for Orange, MegaFone, Vodafone

System: Memory utilization is optimized.

Performance of application launches is improved.

Accessories: HP Elite x3 Barcode Scanner Jacket is supported
Wasn't that the February change log?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre