Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Alcatel once again sent me a msg via twitter, saying

"We understand and we are working hard on provide you the best experience."

aj173

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
The fact that they're acknowledging you is somewhat encouraging, I suppose. How hard they're working on the problem is anybody's guess, but maybe there's at least one or two people over there who actually care about this.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Lame...Alcatel sent me another T-mobile phone AGAIN. I had a boot loop issue this last time while on an Insider build. I was fine just leavining it on insider builds knowing Alcatel may never have the FFU/FW up to date...but then on a hard reset it boot looped for some reason. Geez, I do not know why or how they could pay so little attention to detail in that kind of work (RMA).

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I boot my 4s up once in a while just to update to the latest fast ring. The last couple times it makes this static sound like it's being electrocuted. Have no idea what that is but it seems to work ok after that.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I boot my 4s up once in a while just to update to the latest fast ring. The last couple times it makes this static sound like it's being electrocuted. Have no idea what that is but it seems to work ok after that.

Oh ya, I had that happen more than once. The speaker shorts. If it hits it bad enough you fry the speaker.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I dont think anyone should be purchasing this device until Alcatel start supporting it, especially those in Europe with it just being released there.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I dont think anyone should be purchasing this device until Alcatel start supporting it, especially those in Europe with it just being released there.

Too late on that. Many pre-ordered from Microsoft. Germany already went live with the model I believe too. EDIT: I take that back it is on pre-order I think for all regions...Anyone know for sure?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
received another pm via twitter from alcatel today saying they will send me a shipping label and the repair center will flash the original open market SW back onto the device.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
received another pm via twitter from alcatel today saying they will send me a shipping label and the repair center will flash the original open market SW back onto the device.

With some ATF box or jig for that hardware. I doubt they can just flash it with a software solution like WDRT.
Are you going to do it?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
nothing to loose really at this point, I asked them again are they sure it will be the open market unlocked version returned to the phone and they said yes.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
nothing to loose really at this point, I asked them again are they sure it will be the open market unlocked version returned to the phone and they said yes.
I'd like your feedback on that when they send it back. Make sure the imei matches too when you get it back. :)

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
just received my fedex shipping label from Alcatel, will be boxing it up and sending off in the next couple days, next update I guess will be when the phone gets returned to me.

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Have now got Brandon LeBlanc investigating within Microsoft the broken FFU and when the WDRT will be updated for the new European variants.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb