07-04-2017 02:00 AM
146 ... 23456
tools
    Are you on the Unlocked open Market FW? I have since flashed the T-Mobile fw and have not had that issue ironically. That is not a reason for anyone to go do it though...
    Yup. Got it off amazon.
    05-08-2017 08:00 PM
    Same here, off Amazon. There are other things slightly different with the T-Mobile ffu that I like. The proximity issue non-existent is one of them.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-08-2017 08:54 PM
    Same here, off Amazon. There are other things slightly different with the T-Mobile ffu that I like. The proximity issue non-existent is one of them.
    Would you kindly list those things that you like about the T-Mobile firmware?
    I had many failed attempts with the open market firmware, and this current software 15063.251 has many issues. I hope it's fixed by tomorrow's update or otherwise, i will flash to T-Mobile. Would you think that will affect the reception or bands in any way? I live in Australia.
    Cheers
    05-09-2017 05:15 AM
    I am actually doing a RMA exchange through T-Mobile because of the proximity sensor issue. I have already tried using WDRT to reflash my T-Mobile branded device and I still have the issue on 14393.1066.

The problem only occurs occasionally, only when my phone has been asleep for a while, and when someone calls me. The touch screen is sometimes laggy at the same time when trying to swipe up to answer the phone. I think there is something wrong with the sensors waking up from a sleep state. I also have the SD card unmounting issue.

I think it's a hardware issue, since I also had a bunch of issues when I tried to update to CU through Release Preview to see if it resolved the problem (it didn't). It seems most people have stable devices on CU (not sure if they are open market or T-Mobile branded).
    05-09-2017 09:17 AM
    Would you kindly list those things that you like about the T-Mobile firmware?
    I had many failed attempts with the open market firmware, and this current software 15063.251 has many issues. I hope it's fixed by tomorrow's update or otherwise, i will flash to T-Mobile. Would you think that will affect the reception or bands in any way? I live in Australia.
    Cheers
    It could affect the LTE bands most definitely. I would not flash it if I were you. I had to do much 'hackery' to this T-Mo FW to get AT&T to work perfectly for it.

Honestly, that was the only major quirk I had with the phone. But it would only do this if I answered a call while the screen was pin locked.

FYI: the new update rolling out now is 15063.297
    Last edited by Nate W; 05-09-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    05-09-2017 11:42 AM
    Zzzz still no cu on tmo variant
    05-09-2017 01:21 PM
    Just received the CU on my T-Mobile Idol 4s...Update was smooth. Did a hard reset without restore after the update was finished. So far so good...just hoping the SD card dismount issue is fixed.
    05-09-2017 02:11 PM
    yep...mine is seeing it too. (Tmo variant)
    05-09-2017 03:39 PM
    yep...mine is seeing it too. (Tmo variant)
    Mine installed without issue, seems to be working and haven't done a hard reset yet! (We'll see if it needs it.)
    05-09-2017 04:27 PM
    Just a quick question guys. Has anyone seen this> 'Also remove provisioned content from my workplace', when doing a factory reset? I haven't seen this on any Lumias before. Thanks
    05-09-2017 07:09 PM
    It could affect the LTE bands most definitely. I would not flash it if I were you. I had to do much 'hackery' to this T-Mo FW to get AT&T to work perfectly for it.

Honestly, that was the only major quirk I had with the phone. But it would only do this if I answered a call while the screen was pin locked.

FYI: the new update rolling out now is 15063.297
    Thanks for that.
    I installed this build. Sadly it hasn't fixed the previous bugs. I think they usually focus on PC in patch Tuesdays more than mobile
    05-09-2017 07:10 PM
    landed on mine today too. what are the odds
    05-09-2017 07:21 PM
    Thanks for that.
    I installed this build. Sadly it hasn't fixed the previous bugs. I think they usually focus on PC in patch Tuesdays more than mobile
    Try a Hard Reset yet?
    05-09-2017 08:16 PM
    Just received the CU on my T-Mobile Idol 4s...Update was smooth. Did a hard reset without restore after the update was finished. So far so good...just hoping the SD card dismount issue is fixed.
    Sure enough it is up on Microsoft's catalog update site too Everyone should be able to get the update pushed now for the T-mobile model by checking for updates..
    05-09-2017 08:48 PM
    My T-mo is getting what I believe is the CU now: 10.0.15063.297. Of course, the real and complete Creator's Update will be later this year in the Redstone3. ;-)

Update: Seems faster.
    Last edited by DLong4; 05-09-2017 at 11:46 PM.
    eddieDOTexe and nate0 like this.
    05-09-2017 11:29 PM
    I noticed my Idol 4S got the CU this morning - OS Build 10.0.15063.297. I'm currently on the T-Mobile USA network. Still getting the SD card dismount popup..... Updated fine, Haven't had any other issues..
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-10-2017 10:09 PM
    Try a Hard Reset yet?
    Yes twice actually, in this build and previous one. Without backup as well. I see many issues listen in other Lumias and in my household also.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    05-10-2017 11:55 PM
    I just got a replacement T-Mobile variant Idol 4S. I updated to 15063.297 and hard reset without restoring. I am still getting flashing screen when starting camera or rotating to landscape video. My proximity sensor when taking calls from lock screen still doesn't work. I haven't tested SD card unmounting issue because I stopped using SD cards after being frustrated with it unmounting all the time.

It cost $20 to get the warranty replacement, so I don't want to try this again. It seems only a few people are having these issues, so I am not sure if I am unlucky, but I am going to stay away from OEM vendors like Acatel in the future.
    nate0 likes this.
    05-11-2017 12:39 PM
    I just got a replacement T-Mobile variant Idol 4S. I updated to 15063.297 and hard reset without restoring. I am still getting flashing screen when starting camera or rotating to landscape video. My proximity sensor when taking calls from lock screen still doesn't work. I haven't tested SD card unmounting issue because I stopped using SD cards after being frustrated with it unmounting all the time.

It cost $20 to get the warranty replacement, so I don't want to try this again. It seems only a few people are having these issues, so I am not sure if I am unlucky, but I am going to stay away from OEM vendors like Acatel in the future.
    Have the same issue its a bug with the creators update I believe or either Alcatel needs to push a firmware fix for this

Not sure why u had to pay $20 for a warranty replacement, it only costs $5

Sent from Idol 4s
    05-11-2017 02:18 PM

ProShot does not have the screen flashing issue...launches right to the camera. So...yeah, looks like an update is needed. Of course, ProShot has crashing issues...so, its not a replacement either.
    05-11-2017 02:31 PM
    I have two issues since the update. One is that the proximity sensor is basically not working and my cheek keeps dialing the phone in the middle of my call. The second issue is when using Word flow (or whatever it is being called now) is totally leaving out words. The predictive text was already bad enough, but this compounds the problem. I didn't have either of these issues before the update. Other than that, I haven't noticed any issues (except the already mentioned camera screen flash) or even any differences.
    05-11-2017 05:05 PM
    I believe most of these issues are with the software rather than the phone hardware. These issues I have not seen in 14393.1066. It's tempting to go to the 15213 update, as it is fast ring and may cause other issues, but the known issues listed are not big.
    05-11-2017 06:18 PM
    same with the flash screen on the camera... and when i change cameras (frontal to normal) sound a "clic" inside the phone... my proximity sensor its good and dont have the SD problem :)
    05-11-2017 08:45 PM
    same with the flash screen on the camera... and when i change cameras (frontal to normal) sound a "clic" inside the phone... my proximity sensor its good and dont have the SD problem :)
    That "clic" sound happens on the 950 and XL as well. I thought it was from the camera optics or something
    05-11-2017 09:11 PM
    So are most of the issues fixed now or is there still flaws in the device with the new update?
    05-11-2017 09:39 PM
146 ... 23456