07-04-2017 02:00 AM
146 ... 456
tools
    Make sure to report these items to Alcatel Support. The more hopes in the merrier we will be.
    Where do you report except via phone call
    05-21-2017 06:47 AM
    Chat or email support can also be used here.
    05-21-2017 06:53 AM
    Chat or email support can also be used here.
    Not that there's any evidence that they will do anything about any of it. I still love the phone but don't have any faith that Alcatel is going to follow up on any of this. That said, I agree that we need to all contact them because there's absolutely no hope if they aren't aware that the problems aren't' just limited to a couple of phones.
    nate0, ttsoldier and fatclue_98 like this.
    05-21-2017 07:51 PM
    I just got a replacement T-Mobile variant Idol 4S. I updated to 15063.297 and hard reset without restoring.
    Off topic but when and where did you get the replacement? I ask because when my father's wife's 521 failed under warranty (don't ask) earlier than your post, T-Mobile said there was no way for her to get a Windows phone replacement, including just buying one outright. So they gave her an Android which had about the same odds of working out as her landing the space shuttle.
    fatclue_98 and eddieDOTexe like this.
    05-25-2017 06:48 PM
    So now sometimes my Alcatel get freeze on edge and the start menu... I dk what to do... Still have some days to return it and keep my lumia 640 xl
    05-30-2017 10:42 AM
    As cheap as it is going for now, I wish I had waited a bit to buy one. But hey, that is what I get for being trigger happy with my wallet.
    libra89 and RumoredNow like this.
    05-30-2017 07:35 PM
    As cheap as it is going for now, I wish I had waited a bit to buy one. But hey, that is what I get for being trigger happy with my wallet.
    I hear ya.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    05-30-2017 08:36 PM
    same I still have about a week to go back and get iphone SE.
    The worst part about this phone is how premium it feels in your hands. When you hold it its just so inviting its a shame that once you accept that invitation and use it..
    ..it doesn't perform nearly as well as it looks..
    nate0 and libra89 like this.
    05-31-2017 12:58 AM
    Off topic but when and where did you get the replacement? I ask because when my father's wife's 521 failed under warranty (don't ask) earlier than your post, T-Mobile said there was no way for her to get a Windows phone replacement, including just buying one outright. So they gave her an Android which had about the same odds of working out as her landing the space shuttle.
    I called T-Mobile support for a replacement. They shipped the device directly to one of their T-Mobile stores. I guess Alcatel still has Idols in stock even though T-Mobile no longer sells them. I guess Alcatel will only do replacements, which is why T-Mobile wouldn't let your father's wife get one for the 521.
    HoosierDaddy likes this.
    05-31-2017 02:56 PM
    same I still have about a week to go back and get iphone SE.
    The worst part about this phone is how premium it feels in your hands. When you hold it its just so inviting its a shame that once you accept that invitation and use it..
    ..it doesn't perform nearly as well as it looks..
    Mine actually performed extremely well, until the CU updates messed it up. I was forced to find something else until corrected. In the meantime, I found the SE for $199 at Cricket and found out what a great little device it is.
    I still hope they fix the software so my Idol4S performs well again, but it would be difficult to leave the SE now which is so nice to use.

fatclue_98, nate0 and libra89 like this.
    05-31-2017 03:49 PM
    Mine actually performed extremely well, until the CU updates messed it up. I was forced to find something else until corrected. In the meantime, I found the SE for $199 at Cricket and found out what a great little device it is.
    I still hope they fix the software so my Idol4S performs well again, but it would be difficult to leave the SE now which is so nice to use.

I know what you mean. CU was an abortion that lived. Barring another MS reboot, I'd like to give the Idol another crack at it since I'm stuck in iPhone purgatory for the moment.
    TgeekB, editguy and nate0 like this.
    05-31-2017 08:08 PM
    I called T-Mobile support for a replacement. They shipped the device directly to one of their T-Mobile stores. I guess Alcatel still has Idols in stock even though T-Mobile no longer sells them. I guess Alcatel will only do replacements, which is why T-Mobile wouldn't let your father's wife get one for the 521.
    Ya they still have them (Alcatel). They sent me one by mistake. I had the unlocked model and when it went in for RMA, they sent me back the one locked to T-Mobile. I could not get anywhere with it. So that one goes back on another RMA tomorrow via FedEx.
    06-01-2017 01:57 AM
    Any issues still going on or have the bugs been fixed?
    06-09-2017 09:29 PM
    Any issues still going on or have the bugs been fixed?
    Yeah, I'm very interested in knowing this also.

Cheers
    06-10-2017 08:41 AM
    Still waiting
    06-10-2017 09:23 AM
    Still waiting for my dang IDOL4s to come back correctly. This dang RMA is dragging on and on...

Long story short. I called Alcatel for status update (sending the locked to T-Mobile one back) on when I can expect the right model to be sent back to me...well they said the status shows "Waiting on Software". When I asked them what that meant they told me the repair center is waiting on an Unlock code to unlock the device. I told them no, that is unacceptable. They have now escalated AGAIN my concern. This was Thursday. Maybe next week some progress for me, I hope.
    06-10-2017 11:49 AM
    Still waiting for my dang IDOL4s to come back correctly. This dang RMA is dragging on and on...

Long story short. I called Alcatel for status update (sending the locked to T-Mobile one back) on when I can expect the right model to be sent back to me...well they said the status shows "Waiting on Software". When I asked them what that meant they told me the repair center is waiting on an Unlock code to unlock the device. I told them no, that is unacceptable. They have now escalated AGAIN my concern. This was Thursday. Maybe next week some progress for me, I hope.
    Well hopefully everything gets fixed soon for you! They shouldn't have to get some unlock code though since they technically made the device. Weird why they don't just send you a factory unlocked device. Sounds like their being cheap and won't swap or they no longer have an factory unlocked ones on hand.
    nate0 likes this.
    06-10-2017 07:28 PM
    Well hopefully everything gets fixed soon for you! They shouldn't have to get some unlock code though since they technically made the device. Weird why they don't just send you a factory unlocked device. Sounds like their being cheap and won't swap or they no longer have an factory unlocked ones on hand.
    I wish I knew why they are doing what they are...
    06-10-2017 10:45 PM
    Looking forward to see more news regarding this subject as well...

Cheers
    06-12-2017 02:47 PM
    Any updates?
    07-03-2017 10:29 PM
    Any updates?
    Here is my latest update and others' posts on the topic.
    07-04-2017 02:00 AM
146 ... 456