Creator Update & The Idol 4S

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
its a problem of whatsapp servers

No it's not. It's a problem with the phone reading the qr code. I never had this problem with any other windows phone I've used...

Matter of fact, I just tried my girlfriend's iPhone and it works. So definitely a problem with the phone/camera.

You can see the camera keep trying to refocus all the time.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
You didn't read my first post on this subject, the Creator Update has broken this function. Edge is your only option to open attached PDF files.
Oh, sorry, I didn't know that. Updated my 950 2 days ago and didn't notice it. Hope MS will bring back that option in some future update.

Sent from mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
No it's not. It's a problem with the phone reading the qr code. I never had this problem with any other windows phone I've used...

Matter of fact, I just tried my girlfriend's iPhone and it works. So definitely a problem with the phone/camera.

Did this happen on the Elite X3 too at one point?

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
My T-Mo IDOL 4S is completely surrounded by no update. (Apologies to Onslow from 'Keeping Up Appearances' for borrowing his remark).

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

i see... today i receive my idol and yeah i cant use whatsapp web, keep refocus... (what we can do?)
Edit: u are right with the finger print :s and every time i open the cam, open it but first blink like 3 times and make a little sound, any with the same? its new phone update to CU with HR :s

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The unlocked model can download the update. The updates are posted on Microsoft's catalog site. TMO-US has not been posted yet, so ya we are still waiting for that variant to get them pushed. Won't be long I bet.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The unlocked model can download the update. The updates are posted on Microsoft's catalog site. TMO-US has not been posted yet, so ya we are still waiting for that variant to get them pushed. Won't be long I bet.

The reason I know this, is I changed my operator name to 000-11 and it started to download, but it fails because I had flashed the Tmobile ffu. So it cannot verify the hash on the packages or something.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
For the Finger print reader and other System level problems, has anyone tried a hard reset and confirmed that fixed any issues?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For the Finger print reader and other System level problems, has anyone tried a hard reset and confirmed that fixed any issues?

Ialways perform a hard reset after an update so I can rule that out as I hard resetted after I updated to CU then set up without a backup

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I also have problems with the audio routing settings. Putting the phone up to my ear doesn't take the call off speaker.... nearly blew my ear drums a couple times...

it's just really difficult getting it to function when moving the phone up to my ear and taking it on/off speaker

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I had issues with the proximity sensor too, but not shutting the phone screen off when moving it to my face.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Are you on the Unlocked open Market FW? I have since flashed the T-Mobile fw and have not had that issue ironically. That is not a reason for anyone to go do it though...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Same here, off Amazon. There are other things slightly different with the T-Mobile ffu that I like. The proximity issue non-existent is one of them.

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Same here, off Amazon. There are other things slightly different with the T-Mobile ffu that I like. The proximity issue non-existent is one of them.

Would you kindly list those things that you like about the T-Mobile firmware?
I had many failed attempts with the open market firmware, and this current software 15063.251 has many issues. I hope it's fixed by tomorrow's update or otherwise, i will flash to T-Mobile. Would you think that will affect the reception or bands in any way? I live in Australia.
Cheers

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I am actually doing a RMA exchange through T-Mobile because of the proximity sensor issue. I have already tried using WDRT to reflash my T-Mobile branded device and I still have the issue on 14393.1066.

The problem only occurs occasionally, only when my phone has been asleep for a while, and when someone calls me. The touch screen is sometimes laggy at the same time when trying to swipe up to answer the phone. I think there is something wrong with the sensors waking up from a sleep state. I also have the SD card unmounting issue.

I think it's a hardware issue, since I also had a bunch of issues when I tried to update to CU through Release Preview to see if it resolved the problem (it didn't). It seems most people have stable devices on CU (not sure if they are open market or T-Mobile branded).

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Would you kindly list those things that you like about the T-Mobile firmware?
I had many failed attempts with the open market firmware, and this current software 15063.251 has many issues. I hope it's fixed by tomorrow's update or otherwise, i will flash to T-Mobile. Would you think that will affect the reception or bands in any way? I live in Australia.
Cheers

It could affect the LTE bands most definitely. I would not flash it if I were you. I had to do much 'hackery' to this T-Mo FW to get AT&T to work perfectly for it.

Honestly, that was the only major quirk I had with the phone. But it would only do this if I answered a call while the screen was pin locked.

FYI: the new update rolling out now is 15063.297

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro