Creator Update & The Idol 4S

jay_max

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Just received the CU on my T-Mobile Idol 4s...Update was smooth. Did a hard reset without restore after the update was finished. So far so good...just hoping the SD card dismount issue is fixed.

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Just a quick question guys. Has anyone seen this> 'Also remove provisioned content from my workplace', when doing a factory reset? I haven't seen this on any Lumias before. Thanks

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
It could affect the LTE bands most definitely. I would not flash it if I were you. I had to do much 'hackery' to this T-Mo FW to get AT&T to work perfectly for it.

Honestly, that was the only major quirk I had with the phone. But it would only do this if I answered a call while the screen was pin locked.

FYI: the new update rolling out now is 15063.297

Thanks for that.
I installed this build. Sadly it hasn't fixed the previous bugs. I think they usually focus on PC in patch Tuesdays more than mobile

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just received the CU on my T-Mobile Idol 4s...Update was smooth. Did a hard reset without restore after the update was finished. So far so good...just hoping the SD card dismount issue is fixed.

Sure enough it is up on Microsoft's catalog update site too Everyone should be able to get the update pushed now for the T-mobile model by checking for updates..

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
My T-mo is getting what I believe is the CU now: 10.0.15063.297. Of course, the real and complete Creator's Update will be later this year in the Redstone3. ;-)

Update: Seems faster.

Last edited:

klewis2046

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I noticed my Idol 4S got the CU this morning - OS Build 10.0.15063.297. I'm currently on the T-Mobile USA network. Still getting the SD card dismount popup..... Updated fine, Haven't had any other issues..

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I just got a replacement T-Mobile variant Idol 4S. I updated to 15063.297 and hard reset without restoring. I am still getting flashing screen when starting camera or rotating to landscape video. My proximity sensor when taking calls from lock screen still doesn't work. I haven't tested SD card unmounting issue because I stopped using SD cards after being frustrated with it unmounting all the time.

It cost $20 to get the warranty replacement, so I don't want to try this again. It seems only a few people are having these issues, so I am not sure if I am unlucky, but I am going to stay away from OEM vendors like Acatel in the future.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I just got a replacement T-Mobile variant Idol 4S. I updated to 15063.297 and hard reset without restoring. I am still getting flashing screen when starting camera or rotating to landscape video. My proximity sensor when taking calls from lock screen still doesn't work. I haven't tested SD card unmounting issue because I stopped using SD cards after being frustrated with it unmounting all the time.

It cost $20 to get the warranty replacement, so I don't want to try this again. It seems only a few people are having these issues, so I am not sure if I am unlucky, but I am going to stay away from OEM vendors like Acatel in the future.
Have the same issue its a bug with the creators update I believe or either Alcatel needs to push a firmware fix for this

Not sure why u had to pay $20 for a warranty replacement, it only costs $5

Sent from Idol 4s

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

ProShot does not have the screen flashing issue...launches right to the camera. So...yeah, looks like an update is needed. Of course, ProShot has crashing issues...so, its not a replacement either.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I have two issues since the update. One is that the proximity sensor is basically not working and my cheek keeps dialing the phone in the middle of my call. The second issue is when using Word flow (or whatever it is being called now) is totally leaving out words. The predictive text was already bad enough, but this compounds the problem. I didn't have either of these issues before the update. Other than that, I haven't noticed any issues (except the already mentioned camera screen flash) or even any differences.

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
I believe most of these issues are with the software rather than the phone hardware. These issues I have not seen in 14393.1066. It's tempting to go to the 15213 update, as it is fast ring and may cause other issues, but the known issues listed are not big.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
same with the flash screen on the camera... and when i change cameras (frontal to normal) sound a "clic" inside the phone... my proximity sensor its good and dont have the SD problem :)

Danial Hilow

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
same with the flash screen on the camera... and when i change cameras (frontal to normal) sound a "clic" inside the phone... my proximity sensor its good and dont have the SD problem :)

That "clic" sound happens on the 950 and XL as well. I thought it was from the camera optics or something

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99