Creator Update & The Idol 4S

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That might fix it but I think the issue you all are seeing is without having a headset jack plugged in, am I right?

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
damn today i have the same sound and voice issue on a call (next to never work i mean if want to talk to cortana or record an audio) :| whats wrong damn, this is very annoying bug, on an emergency we dont have time to reset the phone for fix this...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
damn today i have the same sound and voice issue on a call (next to never work i mean if want to talk to cortana or record an audio) :| whats wrong damn, this is very annoying bug, on an emergency we dont have time to reset the phone for fix this...

To my understanding a reset did not fix this issue for me. At least not on the last Anniversary update. I had that issue on the unlocked open market model/fw. Ironically, the T-Mobile os/fw did not have this issue, which it currently has flashed on it. But would not recommend doing that unless you are prepared.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

To my understanding a reset did not fix this issue for me. At least not on the last Anniversary update. I had that issue on the unlocked open market model/fw. Ironically, the T-Mobile os/fw did not have this issue, which it currently has flashed on it. But would not recommend doing that unless you are prepared.

Make sure to report these items to Alcatel Support. The more hopes in the merrier we will be.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Chat or email support can also be used here.

Not that there's any evidence that they will do anything about any of it. I still love the phone but don't have any faith that Alcatel is going to follow up on any of this. That said, I agree that we need to all contact them because there's absolutely no hope if they aren't aware that the problems aren't' just limited to a couple of phones.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got a replacement T-Mobile variant Idol 4S. I updated to 15063.297 and hard reset without restoring.
Off topic but when and where did you get the replacement? I ask because when my father's wife's 521 failed under warranty (don't ask) earlier than your post, T-Mobile said there was no way for her to get a Windows phone replacement, including just buying one outright. So they gave her an Android which had about the same odds of working out as her landing the space shuttle.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
So now sometimes my Alcatel get freeze on edge and the start menu... I dk what to do... Still have some days to return it and keep my lumia 640 xl

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
As cheap as it is going for now, I wish I had waited a bit to buy one. But hey, that is what I get for being trigger happy with my wallet.

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
same I still have about a week to go back and get iphone SE.
The worst part about this phone is how premium it feels in your hands. When you hold it its just so inviting its a shame that once you accept that invitation and use it..
..it doesn't perform nearly as well as it looks..

miraidave

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Off topic but when and where did you get the replacement? I ask because when my father's wife's 521 failed under warranty (don't ask) earlier than your post, T-Mobile said there was no way for her to get a Windows phone replacement, including just buying one outright. So they gave her an Android which had about the same odds of working out as her landing the space shuttle.

I called T-Mobile support for a replacement. They shipped the device directly to one of their T-Mobile stores. I guess Alcatel still has Idols in stock even though T-Mobile no longer sells them. I guess Alcatel will only do replacements, which is why T-Mobile wouldn't let your father's wife get one for the 521.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
same I still have about a week to go back and get iphone SE.
The worst part about this phone is how premium it feels in your hands. When you hold it its just so inviting its a shame that once you accept that invitation and use it..
..it doesn't perform nearly as well as it looks..

Mine actually performed extremely well, until the CU updates messed it up. I was forced to find something else until corrected. In the meantime, I found the SE for $199 at Cricket and found out what a great little device it is.
I still hope they fix the software so my Idol4S performs well again, but it would be difficult to leave the SE now which is so nice to use.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine actually performed extremely well, until the CU updates messed it up. I was forced to find something else until corrected. In the meantime, I found the SE for $199 at Cricket and found out what a great little device it is.
I still hope they fix the software so my Idol4S performs well again, but it would be difficult to leave the SE now which is so nice to use.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

I know what you mean. CU was an abortion that lived. Barring another MS reboot, I'd like to give the Idol another crack at it since I'm stuck in iPhone purgatory for the moment.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I called T-Mobile support for a replacement. They shipped the device directly to one of their T-Mobile stores. I guess Alcatel still has Idols in stock even though T-Mobile no longer sells them. I guess Alcatel will only do replacements, which is why T-Mobile wouldn't let your father's wife get one for the 521.

Ya they still have them (Alcatel). They sent me one by mistake. I had the unlocked model and when it went in for RMA, they sent me back the one locked to T-Mobile. I could not get anywhere with it. So that one goes back on another RMA tomorrow via FedEx.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12